Menu

FYI - still pregnant :)

ktgrok

Katie, you and this entire pregnancy journey never cease to amaze me!  You desperately longed for another baby while your dh wasn't initially quite so sure.  The Hive said, "Hmmm," but you persevered and convinced him. :party:

As soon as you two were in agreement, you said, "I'll get pregnant next month" (despite not being 22 any longer) and the Hive once again murmured, "Hmmm," and I'll be darned, the very next month you were indeed pregnant!   :coolgleamA:

Then with your due date rapidly approaching and your midwife down with the flu, you said, "This baby just needs to stay put a lil longer" and the Hive said,"Hmmm" ...she will probably will deliver tonight!   :closedeyes:

So here we are...all anxiously refreshing this thread and awaiting the arrival of this very wanted, very loved, very sweet little baby girl!  Best wishes for a safe delivery and a healthy mom and babe. Please post a picture as soon as you can!  The Hive has been through a lot with this baby and we are all so vested in this happy ending!

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

Edited by Jenn in FL
  • Like 21

You guys are great!

I did my last biophysical profile this afternoon, and got a perfect score. Baby is doing great in there, so still waiting. 

My blood pressure has been up a bit, but it always is at this point. Not dangerous, or high enough to risk out of homebirth, but enough for me to be annoyed that I have to worry about it, if that makes sense. Being in the water helps, so I'll try to hit the pool every day if I can. I did about 30 minutes of gentle water aerobics today, and swam a few laps. 

Now I need to go clean up from dinner and get the kids to bed. Then bed for me!

• Like 11

Oh Katie....Calling Katie...

It's been 28 hours since you checked in on  this thread...

:lurk5:

Whacha been doing???   :lol:

Anything (or anyone) your legions of fans need to know about?

Just letting you know we are all pulling for you!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

LOL, nope. Pain and some contractions last night (pain more from ligament pain and pelvic issues). Nothing today to speak of, just braxton hicks. Had a friend (who is also my doula) come over with her kids and she helped me fold laundry and took my mind off of it while the kids played. 

• Like 6

mom just called "Is it safe these days to go so late?" Mind you, she went 3 weeks late with me!  I explained, AGAIN that I've been having biophysical to make sure all is well, and this time that seemed to sink in..."oh, they check amniotic fluid and stuff?" Yes mom, remember that think I sent you detailing what is done? 

Anyway, she seemed ok once I explained it. Again. 

Now on the other hand, I have to decide if I want my midwife to "stir things up" with a membrane sweep on Friday, if I'm still pregnant. Leaning towards no, honestly. It did nothing other than hurt me with my DD, and I refused it with the last pregnancy, and they both came at the same gestation. 

• Like 1

mom just called "Is it safe these days to go so late?" Mind you, she went 3 weeks late with me! I explained, AGAIN that I've been having biophysical to make sure all is well, and this time that seemed to sink in..."oh, they check amniotic fluid and stuff?" Yes mom, remember that think I sent you detailing what is done?

Now on the other hand, I have to decide if I want my midwife to "stir things up" with a membrane sweep on Friday, if I'm still pregnant. Leaning towards no, honestly. It did nothing other than hurt me with my DD, and I refused it with the last pregnancy, and they both came at the same gestation.

How many days past are you now?

mom just called "Is it safe these days to go so late?" Mind you, she went 3 weeks late with me! I explained, AGAIN that I've been having biophysical to make sure all is well, and this time that seemed to sink in..."oh, they check amniotic fluid and stuff?" Yes mom, remember that think I sent you detailing what is done?

Trampoline?

:D

• Like 2

How many days past are you now?

41 weeks 2 days. Last two kids were born at 41 weeks 5 days. 

I've been getting biophysical since 39 weeks, last one was on monday, at 41 weeks. Great fluid levels (AFI of 14, baby was doing great.)  

My main issue is that if I hit 42 weeks (we have a day or two to fudge with due to dates...) I will have to do a hospital birth instead of homebirth. But that's not till Monday...tuesday really according to LMP (monday according to my ovulation records). So I'm thinking Monday I could do a sweep. 

• Like 1

41 weeks 2 days. Last two kids were born at 41 weeks 5 days.

I've been getting biophysical since 39 weeks, last one was on monday, at 41 weeks. Great fluid levels (AFI of 14, baby was doing great.)

My main issue is that if I hit 42 weeks (we have a day or two to fudge with due to dates...) I will have to do a hospital birth instead of homebirth. But that's not till Monday...tuesday really according to LMP (monday according to my ovulation records). So I'm thinking Monday I could do a sweep.

Yeah, I think I'd go for the sweep then. Maybe pop a couple of Motrin before hand. The longest I've gone was also 12 days past and I was getting pretty nervous about my homebirth by that time.

LOL, nope. Pain and some contractions last night (pain more from ligament pain and pelvic issues). Nothing today to speak of, just braxton hicks. Had a friend (who is also my doula) come over with her kids and she helped me fold laundry and took my mind off of it while the kids played. 

Is the baby being late going to affect being able to go to that convention you want to go to?

Okay, try this. Schedule a massage, pedicure, and facial. Get really excited about it. Talk about it all the time. Imagine that it is pre-pay and non refundable. Write a check for it so she thinks this a definite go. (Have Dh tear it up but don't say it out loud because babies.always.know.)

Guaranteed your water will break 30 minutes before the appointment. Babies aren't happy if they aren't seriously smessing with mama's sanity!!

Eta. I HATE AUTOCORRECT!!!

Edited by FaithManor
  • Like 10

Mine were 41 weeks 5 days and 41 weeks 4 days. I had membrane sweeps done both times (I was sweating being able to deliver at my birthing center - had to be under 42 weeks). The first time labor started about six hours later, and the second time it started about one hour later.

Sending happy birthing wishes!

Had Tea last night with DH, as for once I wasn't in a lot of pain at the end of the day. That was nice :)

Nothing happening though, lol. 

Going to head to the pool to be weightless for a while, then go buy a baby book for her (oops...realized I didn't get her one!) and return some stuff to Joann Fabric that needs to go back. 

I mean, I'm having some braxton hicks...but nothing regular or strong. 

• Like 1

Haha! People giving the side eye, hoping your water doesn't break in the store.

Yeah, the regulars at the dog park already asked what my plan was if I go into labor there, lol. I think they were worried they'd have to deliver the baby :)

• Like 1

Today's my birthday... so it would be a good day...  :-)

And tomorrow is my youngest dd's birthday.   Happy St. Patrick's Day!  :party:

Trust me if you have her tomorrow, you will have 21 years to wait for the REALLY big birthday party.   :lol:

After that one, life's a breeze...

The Hive is on full scale Baby Watch!  :hurray: