Menu

What's your favorite news source?

treestarfae

Fox news-- though much less so lately

NPR 

local news station

Online new conglomerates (get news from sources all over the world and throughout the US)

I am usually a big news person but have slowed down a lot this election cycle.  I decided that too much news was too much for my anxiety levels.  So now I still get some news but am not watching Fox news every day and am having days when I only watch the local news.  I get news on facebook too if I am on that but that is definitely counteracted with all the great bird news I get and the happy stories I make sure I get.  It has helped.

We listen to BBC world news and NPR during the day..when we don't have music on.

I have a subscription to the New York Times online, and I read there daily. I read The Guardian and other news online. During election season I read at 538.com daily, lol. They are all about the math.

I like to watch Rachel Maddow. I like how she often gives a little history lesson to put a story in context. PBS Newshour is also great. I guess I should count CNN student news because we watch that every day during lunch, lol.

I like a few podcasts, like from The Economist. I wish I could afford a subscription to their magazine, but I can't do it right now. And David Axlerod has a great podcast where he interviews a wide range of people in politics. You get a lot of history with that one. I also like the Bloomberg Politics podcast Masters in Politics.

I like a few podcasts, like from The Economist. I wish I could afford a subscription to their magazine, but I can't do it right now. And David Axlerod has a great podcast where he interviews a wide range of people in politics. You get a lot of history with that one. I also like the Bloomberg Politics podcast Masters in Politics.

do you know The Economist has a student rate?  

Your student can be the subscriber. 

• Like 1

Online:

BBC World for news

WSJ for currencies and markets

Deutsche Welle for news in English and Deutsch

My local libraries have many newspaper subscriptions so I get to read

Financial Times (English and Chinese versions)

Herald Tribune

The New Yorker

The Economist

South China Morning Post (English and Chinese version)

I don't have favorites for print, I just read whatever is available.

So many good ones.  

NPR (Yes, I admit that I'm biased, and I agree  with a PP that their app rocks! )

BBC

WSJ

Reuters

AP

WaPo

NY Times

The Economist

The New Yorker

I use a few news aggregator apps that bring in articles from many sources.

I don't watch news on a tv, other than live CBSN once in a blue moon - because their app works well.  It's not a choice re: the news quality.  And I rarely, rarely watch a video online, so I primarily read or listen (mostly read).

Ugh.  You know, I can't distill this into a good list, there are so many.  

DH is in the news broadcasting industry.   :)

ETA: France 24!  How could I forget??

Edited by Spryte

Online I read:

CNN

NPR

BBC

HuffPo

On the rare occasion that I actually watch TV News (with DH) then we do all the big ones except Fox.

I don't do local to me news.... we're not from here and I'm not invested in anything going on.  DH checks out some of the local stuff, things that will cause issues to his commute.

I do read, occasionally, my hometowns newspaper.  I used to read it cover to cover as a teen/young adult so I still feel a connection even though I haven't lived there in 20 years.

I like NPR and the BBC quite a bit

Christian Science Monitor

Washington Post

NYT

Are things I read often. I also read a bunch of other things...I flit around just clicking on interesting sounding articles from social media. There are some that I *will not* click on because they are racist or crazy or both.

I will also check several if there is some sort of issue that I am finding to be puzzling or there are a lot of inconsistencies.  I rarely use one source for something unless it is fluff.

Edited by Slartibartfast

Reuters

AP

CS Monitor

NPR

BBC

NY Times

Washington Post

The Atlantic

Politico

I like all these too.  When I was in the army and putting together news bullitins, these were my standards, along with some Canadian sources and Deutsche Welle, .

Oh, and I read The Guardian fairly regularly though sometimes I become distraught and have to give it up for a while.

Edited by Bluegoat
  • Like 1

do you know The Economist has a student rate?  

Your student can be the subscriber. 

ooh, I like that idea! 

I've got a .99 per month subscription to the Washington Post via Amazon prime, it shows up on my kindle Fire, but I dislike the app so much that I don't think I will renew when my 6 month trial is up.

• Like 1