Menu

Anybody want to play, "Name the Baby"?

Jami

We just found out this morning that we're having another girl, if the ultrasound was read correctly of course. My son is dealing with this news pretty cheerfully, it won't be easy having three little sisters I suppose. But his dad survived and so will he. :001_smile:

We have a name choice that dh prefers and I'm still wavering a bit on. But I'd like to hear what name you'd suggest, preferably one that fits the other kids:

Bennett Daniel

Olivia Katherine

Sophia Joanna

I didn't ever have any girls, but here are some that I like:

Ellie Elizabeth (cousin's oldest dd with sisters Olivia Grace and Mary Claire)

They call the youngest by the whole name, Mary Claire. I like that one too.

Brain just stopped working. I had a couple of others and boom they were gone in a flash. Stinks getting older!:tongue_smilie:

I'm partial to Molly Catherine :D

but Molly's other middle name is Linnea, (Lin-AY-uh) which is the national flower of Sweden. I've always loved the name, and if I ever had another dd (out of the question at this point! :D) I'd use that as a first name.

We also know a little girl names Sarabel, which I think is a pretty name as well.

I love the name game, but I'm much better at dog names--- give me the name of a kennel and I can have a registered name for any breed dreamed up in seconds! :-)

astrid

I'm partial to Molly Catherine :D

We always wanted to use Molly. But our last name ends with -y and it was just too sing songy!!! (Of course, we call our baby Meg and it is always getting changed to Meggy - so we got sing songy anyway!!)

Hmmmm . . . I'm partial to Margaret Elizabeth!! I love your other kids' names!!! Very traditional. How about

Julia/Juliet

Josephine

Elizabeth

Beatrice

Eleanor

Bridgette (another one we nearly used for dd)

Katherine/Catherine (call her Kate/Cate or Katie)

Lucy/Lucette (I LOVE these - but it didn't match our last name)

Good luck!!!

Thanks for the great ideas so far! Julia/Juliana is one we're considering. And I love Charlotte and Lucy, more than dh does though.

Victoria and Gabriella were mentioned and are very pretty, but we have one of each in the family already.

I'm compiling a list for dh to see.

Jami

I agree it would be nice to end in *a* or *ia* like your other daughters.

Maria Grace

Alysia (uh lee see uh) Dawn

Amelia Rose

Camellia June

Cassia Marie

Celia Faith

Cordelia Anne

Gloria Lynn

Katia Natasha

Lucia Belle

Lydia Ruth

Melodia Elisabeth

Nadia Jane

Natalia (or Talia) Isabelle

Patricia Colleen

Felicia Margaret

Ria Patience

Rosalia Hope

Sylvia Lauren

Victoria Regina

Virginia Joy

I have bolded my favorites.

Some names that I like are

Caris/Carys [KAH riss] Welsh name that means Love

Siân [shan] Welsh name that means God is gracious. Female form of Siôn [shon], which is the Welsh for John.

Tegan [TEE gan] Welsh name meaning Beautiful.

Tegan is one of my faves!

Catriona (Katrina)

Ceri (Kerri)

Jasmine

Brynia (also spelled Brynja)

Zya

Lydia

Julia

Charlotte (but I'm not partial to Lottie;))

Hannah

Isobel/Isabelle

Elisabeth/Elizabeth

Agatha (okay, I love this name because of someone I know with this name, and my middle dd is very, very happy dh didn't agree!)

Stefania

Christine

Laura

I love the names you already have, Jami. I lean toward the classic names, myself, but I just HAVE to veto Lydia for you. (I have veto power, yes? lol) People always mishear my Lydia's name as Olivia and vice versa. If we have another baby girl, eek and gulp and ack I'll name her Josephine, I think and then I'll run away from home. ;)

I love the names you already have, Jami. I lean toward the classic names, myself, but I just HAVE to veto Lydia for you. (I have veto power, yes? lol) People always mishear my Lydia's name as Olivia and vice versa. If we have another baby girl, eek and gulp and ack I'll name her Josephine, I think and then I'll run away from home. ;)

Oh, but I have a Lydia in the family, and even though this happens, I still love, love, love the name. And she likes it so much better than Agatha;)

I'm terrible with names, so I'll just add my congratulations! And some other insignificant information:

I love your children's names! I often thought I'd love an Olivia if I had a girl.

My brother had three sisters. He was always such a gentleman, regardless of his company. I always thought it was because he lived with so many girls.

I love your children's names. Our girls are named :

Anna Kathryn

Emma Caroline

Cora Elizabeth

I think any of those go well with the names you already have. My good friend just named her daughter Mia Kathleen, which I love!!

We also considered the following names:

Clara

Audrey

Avery

Sydney

Have fun!

Ava Elizabeth

Ava, Sophia and Olivia are all in the top 5 list for girls names.

Would you believe me if I said we didn't *know* any girls with those names personally when we chose them? I hate that they're so popular, cause I love their names!

Jami

More great suggestions you guys.

Debra, I found a list of "endangered British names" I think most of yours were on it. ;) Maxine Lorraine is my paternal grandmother's name, I know you love those names from the 20s and 30s.

I do like Norah, I think that's on your list. I'm testing it on dh right now.

I also like Phoebe, but wonder if Friends is still too recent to not have *that* Phoebe come to everyone's mind.

It's fun to try and find the perfect name though, thanks for your help all!

I love the names you've already used. I have nieces named Kristiana, Mariella, and Lillia, all very classy, I think. We have a Gillian and I love saying that more than I ever dreamed I would. Dh named her. I have a friend about ready to adopt and they like Eliza and Louisa and I think those are lovely. I keep trying to talk them into Eleanor, even though I do like their choices. Someone here mentioned Ava and I liked the ring of that with your other names. I think Gabriella would also go well with your other names. Let us know what you choose!

We just found out this morning that we're having another girl, if the ultrasound was read correctly of course. My son is dealing with this news pretty cheerfully, it won't be easy having three little sisters I suppose. But his dad survived and so will he. :001_smile:

We have a name choice that dh prefers and I'm still wavering a bit on. But I'd like to hear what name you'd suggest, preferably one that fits the other kids:

Bennett Daniel

Olivia Katherine

Sophia Joanna

I always threatened to name my first son Nebuchadnezzar ("Nebby" for short). But that never seemed to find a sympathetic reception. So, I'm not really qualified to help.

To throw these out there, here are some of our family names:

Annika

Annaliese

Eliana

Cara

Jacqueline

Margaret

And some of my faves:

Jasmine (with a Y sound at the beginning)

Nyla

Fiona

Lily

Daisy

ETA: Can't help with the middle name; women in my family don't have them, so I really don't have great suggestions to combining names....

Bennett Daniel

Olivia Katherine

Sophia Joanna

and Lydia (if you want to continue to the "ia" theme)

and Charlotte (if you want another old-fashioned sounding name but one that's not as popular as O & S).

and Annelies (just because it's pretty and sounds good with the other names).

Tara

I wasn't going to look at this thread b/c I'm currently fighting baby lust, but I couldn't resist.

My favorites are probably Charlotte and Tabitha. And, of course, the ones we used- Haleigh and Morgan.:)

We've backed ourselves into a corner though. We have 4 kids with 2-syllable names, each with it's own first and last letter. I am so anal retentive, that I would absolutely insist on doing the same with another baby. Which cancels out a gazillion names, including Charlotte and Tabitha.