Menu

I know it's early, but what's on your Christimas list?

Prairie~Phlox

I need ideas, I have to give SIL a list because we will see them at Thanksgiving and not Christmas, so it will help her not to have to ship anything.  I'm making an Amazon wishlist and having everyone do the same.  It just sees easier.  So far I have a pair of these: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IVM1TKO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3O0KI916F3STT&coliid=I3RPPLC0XW237A&psc=1

but I need other ideas.  I do a lot of cooking, but have everything that I need, that i can think of anyway.

Still working on my kids' birthdays, one in October and the other (same age) in January. I just ordered the October stuff and one matching thing for January. For their 8th birthdays they are getting grown-up (but relatively inexpensive) cameras. :) Miss A is also getting "high heel" church shoes. (The heel is less than 1", but she will get a kick out of them.)

My kids are already starting to talk about "Santa Claus," but they haven't presented any lists yet. ;) I don't know what I'll buy. I could see Miss E asking for a whole list of books, Miss A would like stuff to make her pretty, and both might like some Harry Potter legos or Breyer horse / doll sets .... They could use some casual shoes, I'm sure theirs will be outgrown by then ....

I'm not linking to what I want for my birthday (this week) and Yule/Christmas. Let's just say it's something sold on a site you have to be 18 to view, and trans-related.

People usually give me cash for birthday/holiday gifts, and I'll probably wind up actually spending it on toilet paper or something for the kids.

DH told me today that I can start working on redoing my kitchen counters and back splash for my Christmas present.  I kind of know what I already want and I need to start cleaning and washing out cabinets and washing them down and finish get them ready.  So with that said should I go with a glass tile or cermaic tile back splash?

We only do small gifts ($10 or so guideline) for adults here, quirky fun little surprises and nothing you can concoct yourself to put on a list. I find shopping for adults stressful and I am glad to have basically eliminated it from my list. My husband, my brother and my friends all refrain from exchanging gifts among adults.

I always like getting a ticket or pass to go see something (opera, ballet, show, etc...) or do something (ice skating lessons, art workshop, etc...).

I also love to have people donate to some of my favorite charities.

And books. There is always a list of books I can come up with that I want to read but that my library doesn't carry.

Oh, was this about what *I* want for Christmas?  I am too old for that.  Which means, if anyone gives me one more stinkin thing that isn't a replacement for something I've thrown out, I will start feeling like a hoarder.

My family doesn't exchange gifts among the adults any more.  Well, some of us still get something small just so folks have something to open, but not the sort of things you put on a wish list.  Sometimes I'll tell my sister it's time for a new pair of jeans or bottle of Clinique face wash, because she likes to get me something.

No solid list yet.  I am just finishing up birthday season (2 kids done in the last 4 weeks, 1 tomorrow, 1 on the 19th).  BUt I am leaning towards another year of experiences not stuff.  SO I am looking to buy a family membership to the rec center which would mean a year of using the gymnasium, climbing wall, pool, workout center, racquet ball courts etc.  Asking for memberships to the museum, science center, attraction passes to WEM (which we got last xmas and just used yesterday to celebrate the birthdays lol) etc.  I am trying to get us closer to a minimalist lifestyle so trying to avoid getting stuff.  For myself, my list will be things like gift cards to the home reno store, replacement items for things that have worn out/broken (like new liquid measuring cup in the 4 C size to replace the one ds16 dropped), or gift card to have an experience(like one for the theatre so when wicked comes back I can buy a ticket, or to go to the ballet or whatever)

What I really want is a robotic vacuum, but we don't do gifts for each other that cost that much. :P More realistically I want more phone charging cords (since we always seem to break them and never have enough), books off my wish list and a couple magazine subscriptions.

After a decade of waiting until December to ask for the things I need all year, and having my DH say, "Oh, we don't have any money for Christmas presents for the adults," I have stopped waiting until December to get what I want/need.

What I need now is a new pair of jeans, probably from Maurices. So, that would be on the list if I wasn't going to just go ahead and get it for myself in the next month.

I always want Amazon gift cards for guilt free book purchases. And Starbucks cards, too, for the same reason. Also pajamas that are comfy but not frumpy, to please both DH and myself.

This year baby (who will be six-ish weeks old for Christmas) and I are asking for a double stroller. Probably not on everyone's wish list.

I am super-tempted by the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook. DH has an iPad Air from his work. Oldest DD has an iPad 3 that she won as a spelling bee prize. The kids pooled their Christmas money last year to buy a Kindle Fire. And I'm left without a tablet of my own.

First world problem, I realize.

I told my ex-husband I need new tires for my birthday or Christmas - buyer's choice LOL.

I told my kids for Mother's Day I wanted the garage cleaned and organized.

Instead I got breakfast in bed and some coupons for foot rubs and extra chores.

It's now on my Christmas list. And if I don't get it for Christmas, I'll have to clean it myself.

It will still count as a gift, though. I'm going to toss their crap in the trash or take it to Goodwill.

Voila, clean and organized garage. And I won't need to make the request again for a long while ;).

My brothers and sisters know that I always like food gift cards, and they never disappoint!

After reading some of the other threads on the Chat board, I think that I need:

1) A roomba

and

2) an Amazon Prime subscription.

Oh, and I also might need

3) The $40K television.  But it's not for me.  It's for the family.  :)

<LIKE if you know which threads these come from>

After reading some of the other threads on the Chat board, I think that I need:

1) A roomba

and

2) an Amazon Prime subscription.

Oh, and I also might need

3) The $40K television. But it's not for me. It's for the family. :)

<LIKE if you know which threads these come from>

But don't you want a Pracercise video too?

>falls on the floor laughing<

Another trip to the Container Store

some cool stud earrings

ankle boots

maybe a coat

gloves that work with smart phones

books

I am always up for: decent quality cashmere and GCs to Sephora or Nordstrom, or a GC for Amazon. 

I have a bday not that far from Christmas, so my list tends to be a little heftier as a result.