Menu

Picture Perfect? I may have pictured you all wrong

Bensmom

hmmm....I hope no one connects me with a stupid grasshopper. I am tempted to change my avatar to the real thing. Of course that will throw lots of people off I am sure. It always throws me off when others change theirs.

ETA: changed it!

Awww! Thank you! You are so beautiful. This is what a FAIR farmhand lookes like indeed! :)

I always love reading your posts and now I have an actual picture.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're so funny! And correct (about Panera not existing here)!

I tend to call it St. Louis Bread when addressing locals, but Panera when addressing others.

We used to live in IL (14 miles from St. Louis) and while it was called St. Louis Bread Co, all the cups, napkins and bags had Panera written on them. When we found out we were moving to Ft. Lewis (WA), the first thing Indy had me do was look up Panera to see if there were any there. We're both mad for their spinach artichoke soufflés. Yum!

I think it's pretty obvious that Jean is a secret agent who is so stealthlike that she is able to slink between hideouts in Newcastles all over the world without detection. :w00t:

But I always thought her super-secret Bat Cave home base was in Newcastle, Delaware, because I didn't even know there was one in Washington. :blush:

Hair+mini.jpg

This is me! Haha. I took it right after I dyed my hair Deep Burgundy. It turned out much more red than I had hoped. I had more luck with Violet Black.

I've always wanted to try dying my hair purple, but haven't had the guts. I tip my hat to you, Madam! ;)

I think it's pretty obvious that Jean is a secret agent who is so stealthlike that she is able to slink between hideouts in Newcastles all over the world without detection. :w00t:

But I always thought her super-secret Bat Cave home base was in Newcastle, Delaware, because I didn't even know there was one in Washington. :blush:

If you had looked at my tackle list yesterday you would have seen "take care of passports" on there. . . Hmmmm. Where is she jetting off to now?

I'm actually the head of a crime syndicate that steals national landmarks. I rock a red hat.

hmmm...I hope no one connects me with a stupid grasshopper. I am tempted to change my avatar to the real thing. Of course that will throw lots of people off I am sure. It always throws me off when others change theirs.

ETA: changed it!

You are obviously much prettier than a grasshopper. But now I will be confused because I start attaching names to avatars.

And yes, for the record, I am purple talking owl.

If you had looked at my tackle list yesterday you would have seen "take care of passports" on there. . . Hmmmm. Where is she jetting off to now?

I'm actually the head of a crime syndicate that steals national landmarks. I rock a red hat.

My 3 yr old would love to meet you. Carmen SanDiego is her hero (perhaps I should be worried about that).

Holy cow -- that's YOU??? :w00t:

I am so impressed.

(BTW, your secret is safe with me.)

So, I am kind of regretting my choice of avatar. It seemed hilarious at the time, but I now fear that everyone is constantly mentally handing me a tissue...

Please tell me you don't think of snot when you think of me.

:blushing: I know your not asking me specifically, but honestly, I do scroll past your posts (and sometimes the ones that come after yours, until the picture is off my screen). Sorry, but it gives me the eeebie jeeebies and makes me queasy when I see that pix. Snot bubbles and poopy diapers are my least favorite parts of baby hood.

:blushing: I know your not asking me specifically, but honestly, I do scroll past your posts (and sometimes the ones that come after yours, until the picture is off my screen). Sorry, but it gives me the eeebie jeeebies and makes me queasy when I see that pix. Snot bubbles and poopy diapers are my least favorite parts of baby hood.

:001_cool: I do the same thing. I have never been able to stand the sight of a runny nose. :001_rolleyes:

I do the same thing. It grosses me out

The Tibbie Dunbar in my imAagination looks like a screenshot of both of the Touched by an Angel girls. Margret in Colorado looks like Angela Lansberry. Jean in Newcastle looks like a winter sky. That wasn't weird until I said it. Remudamom, I thought you lived in the library, not in the country. This is a fun thread.

I love these kinds of threads, too. I am so visual and love to put a name to a face. Whenever one of these threads come up, I love to see people that I am intimidated by and see that 'oh hey, they look normal!' And I love to be shocked when I see someone is drop dead gorgeous! Fun.

And WendyK does not look like I thought she did. I thought she had blonde stick straight hair and looked like my neighbor. (Which I know is real helpful, ha.) My neighbor seems to be similar in wit as WendyK, though, and I think that's why I picture her to look like her.

Liz CA - I've always pictured you as a brunette with shoulder length wavy hair.

Jean, you have supernatural abilities or very good binoculars...I do have shoulder length hair, a touch lighter than brunette because the sun bleaches everything on me - but if I were living in WA, it'd be more brunette than blonde.

There. Lest I turn any more stomachs! LOL! The real me in all my snotless glory!

(I was ready for a change.)

Well, now I need to see the other avatar! I've been away for awhile and there are a lot of new people!!

Hey, me, too! I voted for Delaware. LOL.

Washington? Is that out West somewhere? ;) Isn't that the place with all the rain? (This is tongue-in-cheek, as it's been raining all week here in NJ).

Yes, before you changed your avatar, I used to do the same thing -- scroll right down past the snot bubble. Yucky stuff in real life doesn't bother me a bit, but because I come here to relax from "Mommy duties" for a few minutes, seeing a picture like that made my blood pressure rise.

Would someone PLEASE wipe that child's face? BTW, I like the new picture! :)

Guest inoubliable

Quick grab of some recent (well, the last couple of years anyway) pics of me on this laptop. Everyone always says that I never look the same in any two photographs. I think that must be the polite way to say "Your nose doesn't look so big in *this* photograph as it did in *that* photograph..."

Bah. I cannot seem to get a photo to upload today. I had to embed them in a doc file and then take a screen capture of it. Technology... :glare:

So anway, here's the most recent "me", taken 2 weeks ago tomorrow with DS19 and my new!DD before their wedding.

post-55408-0-30321600-1369410037_thumb.jpg

post-55408-0-30321600-1369410037_thumb.jpg

I use photobucket dot com. There's a resize option. I always have to try a few times be ause I don't know the right size. Maybe 60 x 60? It's easy to mess around with. Crop your picture to square shape (in photobucket) the resize smaller until you get one that fits.