Menu

As you type.....

txmommyofboys

Dh just took ds and his best friend (who's spending the night) out to get us some food. Someone had to stay home and watch the fire, so I am enjoying some peace and quiet with a fire in the fireplace and the Christmas tree lights on. :-) I think I'll go get the bunny (in my avatar) and see if he wants to snuggle.

Wendi

The boys (6 & 3.5) are watching the Fireplace show on Netflix instant. They're eating popcorn and apples, and are watching intently to see when it will "burn out." They're 30 minutes into an hour long "episode." The lights except for the Christmas tree are off and there are Christmas carols playing.

ETA: They watched the whole 60 minutes. Ds6 said it was "awesome." :tongue_smilie:

Guest inoubliable

DH just went to pick up some crackers and ginger ale for me at the store, DS12 is helping DS5 write a story, and DS7 is asleep here next to me on my bed (I think he might be coming down with something now). I can't wait to see DS5's story.

Dh is working on refurbishing a vintage GI Joe. Dd14 and Dd13 are out walking their dogs. Dd9 is playing SPORE on her laptop. Ds6 is building with is legos, and Dd4 is watching AristoCats on my Ipad. I'm supposed to be sewing, but popped over here while waiting for my iron to heat up so I can press seams.

We are all about to watch a Chrstmas movie - as soon as the older girls get back from their walk. :D

Out ice skating, and have been every since noon. They will come home sweating and HONG-gry.

ETA: they got home after 7 hours on the ice. Kiddo seems to have wrangled a volunteer job for free passes. He had a shower, a platter of French toast (his request), and flopped into bed. That boy is a MACHINE when it comes to skiing, swimming, skating, and such.

Ds is in his room reading a Magic Tree House book in bed, lights out in an hour. Dd is in her room watching a Wild Kratts (she doesn't read well enough to read to herself before bed yet). Dh and I are watching White Christmas, dh is also playing online poker, I just repinned a bunch of cross stitch patterns since I'm thinking about getting back into it.

DD is at an honors society Christmas party. Ds and dh are watching Top Gear. I'm kind of watching it, and kind of not. The dog is sleeping on my lap and the cat is sleeping next to my ds. It's rainy and chilly out, and we're enjoying some weather for a change!

You must be back in town. We are loving the rain the past 48 hours; the kids have been running around in it wearing their old jackets from when we lived in PA and pretending it's snowing.

Everyone but my youngest are in the family room watching a Christmas movie. She is on my lap playing Daniel Tiger on my Iphone. Rich is in Chicago and one of the girls is visiting him, so they are probably vegging in front of a screen of some sort since they spent the day in the city.

DS and DH are searching for something to watch - either on Netflix, or Amazon, I'm not sure. I just hear the discussion "oooh, let's see what this one is about".

DD is building her MegaBlocks Moshi Monster.

I am on a break from cleaning. Or, in other words, I cleaned one bathroom and now I'm procrastinating on the other one. :D

What are your kids/dh doing?

I came next door to babysit the neighbors' kids, but then the oldest two (one of each) ran back to our house, and DH is supposedly getting his laptop and coming over here, but then DD chased after him with a dart gun cackling about how she was going to shoot him, so I'm not sure if I'll see either again today.

They are still in bed. We had our Christmas Cantata last night and they are exhausted. I am too but I am physically incapable of sleeping in.

Just heated up leftover split pea soup for breakfast, I love breakfast soup.

Listening to my Christmas playlist on Youtube.

Wishing my headache would just go away.

Chatting with my Mom on her first day of retired life at 76.

Feeling pretty blessed this morning.