Menu

Hmmm...homeschool teen says that ducks could eventually enslave humans

I dunno, I know some pretty smart d@mn ducks........

Last time we were at the park the ducks were trying to chase dd. We literally couldn't get through the path. There were geese too. All were blocking the path out and there was a huge flock of them. I put her on my back and told her to start kicking her legs really fast and we ran :lol:

Guest submarines

The newspaper that published this took advantage of a kid. Their stance on homeschooling is quite clear too. :glare:

While 20 years ago this could've been an incident soon forgotten, now Jasmin's letter will haunt her for the rest of her life. She has her last name and home town in there. Poor kid.

She's 14. We all say stupid stuff when we are 14, especially when we know just enough to make ourselves look like idiots. I wouldn't be too hard on her. On the parent who let her publicize this lack of logic? :glare:

Yep. What were her parents thinking? :glare:

It's not going to be the ducks. The geese maybe. They're mean and will attack without provocation!

Geese are evil!!

The newspaper that published this took advantage of a kid. Their stance on homeschooling is quite clear too. :glare:

While 20 years ago this could've been an incident soon forgotten, now Jasmin's letter will haunt her for the rest of her life. She has her last name and home town in there. Poor kid.

:iagree:

Today's teens can face whole new levels of humiliation. Thanks to the internet, and especially facebook, the stupidest of their antics will be immortalized forever.

Today's teens can face whole new levels of humiliation. Thanks to the internet, and especially facebook, the stupidest of their antics will be immortalized forever.

This is why my 14 year old does not have his own computer, tablet, or FB account.

The most amusing thing to me is that ducks exhibit homosexual behavior. We raise ducks, and it's not unheard of to have to drakes "mate," (physical attempts and emotionally). We've had hens mate emotionally, too. Not all ducks mate for life, but those that do don't always choose the opposite gender.

It'll probably be dust mites that enslave us.

Given how I feel about the human race on most days, if I were a duck, I wouldn't bother with enslaving us. I wonder if they'll play with rubber humans in the bathtub?

There's a Muscovy Duck that stares at me on my runs. I call it Stalker Duck. I could easily believe it has . . . foul intentions. Bua-dum-dum-tssss!

:lol::lol:

There's a Muscovy Duck that stares at me on my runs. I call it Stalker Duck. I could easily believe it has . . . foul intentions. Bua-dum-dum-tssss!

You dare scoff at your future Muscovite overlords? :tongue_smilie:

Guest submarines
:iagree: I don't think her letter is serious.

Actually, the more I think about it, there are hints in the letter that it is a satire.

If this is true, well, then pretty brilliant. But then, I'd expect her to have a brilliant witty blog, but I didn't find it. Anyone is a better sleuth? :tongue_smilie:

Wow. I am hoping she sent it in without her parents' knowledge.

I can't imagine a parent agreeing to let her send that in.

I suspect her parents thought it was brilliant, frankly. I found the dependence on evolution while denying its existence rather believable. I believe anything now.

Actually, the more I think about it, there are hints in the letter that it is a satire.

If this is true, well, then pretty brilliant. But then, I'd expect her to have a brilliant witty blog, but I didn't find it. Anyone is a better sleuth? :tongue_smilie:

I spent a fair amount of time looking.

Quite frankly I could see it either way -- either a very good satire, or a child whose parents have always thought everything she did was brilliant.

The most amusing thing to me is that ducks exhibit homosexual behavior. We raise ducks, and it's not unheard of to have to drakes "mate," (physical attempts and emotionally). We've had hens mate emotionally, too. Not all ducks mate for life, but those that do don't always choose the opposite gender.

That was my thought, too. :001_huh:

I refuse to believe that is anything but brilliant satire.

Please?

I don't know that it's brilliant, but I think she was attempting satire.

Claims of anatidaephobia are rather trendy, so I wonder if that's part of what's going on here -- she's trying to play into a popular topic, and twist several ideas together.

Edited by GailV

I'll be sure to add ducks to my "Things to Worry About" list, along with robot overlords and zombie apocalypses.

Honestly if there is a zombie apocalypse the ducks will perish. In the end it will be a battle between the cockroaches and the lizards.

Obviously the young lady did not think her premise through very well.