Menu

Right now my kids...please share

My older dd just taught my ds to play "Hot Cross Buns" on her cello. I'm about bursting with joy. Before that he was playing Spore with youngest and eating pancakes - little things make me happy.

Share something good your kids have done recently.

Edited by Karen in CO

My DD joined the Worship Girls team at church and is leading the preschoolers in dance and singing. Very proud of her and she's having so much fun. It makes her feel like such a big girl working at the church in that way.:)

My boys are very helpful around the house and are starting to do so much without even being asked.:)

Dd is reading contentedly after a hike/nature talk at our local park. She answered a lot of the ranger's questions.

Ds took both dogs out in the yard and practiced agility with them while we were gone. They are nice and tired now. :D He also brought up the last load of laundry from the basement.

All 4 of my kids have been working like crazy to compete in this martial arts tournament on Saturday. My 4 yro is even able to do part of the nunchuck black belt form (all 4 of my kids do traditional Korean weapons). My 9 yro son has been helping lead the class in forms. They've been going to the gym 3 times a week sparring, practicing weapons, etc. I've never seen them try so hard at something.

Dd9 offered me a foot rub when I was so distraught over dd12 being so sick. She offered to do this while I ate dinner.

Ds20 is coming to visit us and wanted to help us during our hospital stay.

Dd12 was so worried for me yesterday as i suffered a severe, debilitating migraine. She got me ice to pack my head with, water to take meds, and was constantly checking on me............. As weak as she is.

Dd9 offered me a foot rub when I was so distraught over dd12 being so sick. She offered to do this while I ate dinner.

Ds20 is coming to visit us and wanted to help us during our hospital stay.

Dd12 was so worried for me yesterday as i suffered a severe, debilitating migraine. She got me ice to pack my head with, water to take meds, and was constantly checking on me............. As weak as she is.

Your kids are so sweet.

For the past couple of weeks DS13 has been helping out at a holiday sports club which his brothers have been attending. The organiser has commented a few times how good DS13 is with the little ones. After working all day yesterday at the sports club he then went with his Dad to the Church for two hours to help move flagstones. He was worn out that night, and I was very proud of him.

At this moment: Dd14 is helping dd9 understand singular and plural gender endings in Latin. The fact that they are both doing this on their lunch break is cause for much astonishment.;)

Dd13 is drawing (what else).

Ds6 is playing Minecraft with the little boy I'm babysitting today.

Dd3 is reading to the dogs.

Lunch break is supposed to be over in 5 minutes but I don't want to disrupt the quiet.

Lately: Dd9 has been spending her free time making handmade jewelry for her friend's birthday present.

Last night I was extremely upset with ds6 over an ongoing issue I have with him so dd13 spent an hour getting him and dd9 to completely clean their rooms, ready for bed, and read them a story while I sat on the couch with a coconut rum and coke.:D (anyone who knows dd13 would realize the magnitude of this behavior)

Oh..... Right now?

Right now dd12 is resting and dd9 is reading.

:D I meant both. Mine were just doing something awesome when I started it, but when I read Chucki's response, my kids were doing almost the same thing so I chimed back in. I liked what your kids did recently. It is good to remember that we're raising awesome people. How's your head today?

I edited the title to clarify my intent.

Mine are watching "My Little Pony." :glare: Oldest has been watching most of the day, but she was up a lot last night with an upset stomach, so I've been permitting it as a "sick day." But man, I may require something different soon for my own sanity.

My Little Pony isn't that bad for a sick-day show. They are nice to each other, and Pinkie Pie is funny. But too much of it, and I start to feel violent. :D

Our grocery store gives day-old cookies to kids for free at the bakery counter. The clerk accidentally gave DS two instead of one. After thanking the clerk, he immediately handed the extra one to me and said, "Here go, Mommy; you eat!"

Right now he's laying on the floor watching Phineas and Ferb and saying, "My like muffins!"

My 4 year old is folding and rearranging all the clothes In her dresser. She has brought me clothes that are too small. She is doing an excellent job (and not just for a 4 year old!)

DS let her play Wii without him and there was no fighting or arguing.

They have been helping keep the house clean. I think my nesting has rubbed off!

My son, with OCD handwashing issues, picked up his brother's dead cat out of the middle of the road (with his bare hands) where it had been hit, put it in the back of his truck, brought it home and buried it. The cat was stiff and starting to stink. He didn't spend any extra time washing his hands. He rose to the occasion and did what needed to be done.

I downloaded a trial of Math Rider the other day. The day before yesterday, DD asked me to wake her up at 6AM so she could play it before she and my mom left to run errands and go to a playdate. She thrilled I actually woke her up (I leave then to go to work) and spent over an hour voluntarily practicing math facts. At 6 in the morning! I was simultaneously :001_huh: and :blink:. Even though she looks almost exactly like me, I sometimes wonder if we're related.

My son just got braces on today so his sister is being extra nice to him.

They just finished making a red velvet cake (with no fighting......miracle!) to celebrate my son getting his braces on.

I'm locked away in my room (supposedly doing lesson planning) and it is awfully quiet wherever they are.

I'm not sure. I think ds13 is working on Python programming, and the others might be playing their Kindle Fires. I think they might be staying out of my way so I don't make them stop doing whatever it is they're doing (which is what makes me think they're playing games). I'm not minding it because it means it's pretty quiet for thinking.

Dd10 took her bike down to the grocery store to do some grocery shopping. She just called to ask ds15 where his favorite frozen buffalo wings are in the store because she couldn't find them.

Ds15 and I are sick with a virus of some kind. Ds15 is finally feeling well enough to sit at his computer. He's working on a Minecraft mod. He's also talking a teen in Greece through some computer repairs.

My kids are sitting in the treehouse with their cousins, telling scary stories and eating candy. My nephews are 11, 10 and 8, so I'm just glad that all the boys are being so nice to Molly (believe me, if they weren't, I'd hear about it). :tongue_smilie:

Right now

ds19 is at work at the IT dept for one of the colleges at the U

dd17 is simultaneously reading some fanfiction, watching Dr. Who, and trying to forget I asked her to sweep the floors :rolleyes:

dd12 is at ballet intensive for a second week, hoping to be moved up another level tomorrow

My older ds went home with my mom this evening, my niece went home a day early, and our exchange student went to bed early (still feeling the jet lag!), so my younger son and my god daughter went outside to play. I went out to check on them and they were both soaking wet. My god daughter was spraying the hose at my son and he was deflecting it with this velcro disc that is part of a game. Then they switched and he sprayed her. Then, they jumped in the pool with their clothes on, and now they are catching fireflies. This is what a summer evening should be about.

ds 18 got farther up the tree (scroll down to 5th pic) than the snooty 2nd cousins -:lol:

ds 21 listened hard about how we were struggling with some of her attitudes- apologized and told us all ways she would make changes and asked for help with some areas. HUGE. It was a GOOD and positive disucssion instead of painful and awful.

Right now....my oldest two are reading. They each (finally) have a series they are hooked on. ODS came down and said "I need total quiet until my light goes out! The boy is about to fall into an alligator pit and I can't concentrate if there's noise!!" I'm so glad he finally cares about reading something!

Just walked in from picking up 17 year old from youth meeting recapping their mission week and planning how to start similar missions locally...my 13/14 dds are in their fifth day of AHG camp in another state, my oldest did not realize for the physical fitness badge she had to rise at 5:30am each morning to run, she loves her sleep, so this week will be tough for her!