Sooo, today, we finalized on "the three."

Their names are now:

Victoria Evelyn

Addison Jeremiah

and

Caden Anthony

At this time, they want to go by:

Victoria (Tori), Jeremiah (A.J.), and Tony

I have tons of pics from today but they need some editing. Here is the one with the judge: https://picasaweb.google.com/105042746475038939492/July242012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJr7-MzKsMCWkwE&feat=directlink

Here is a link to pics we took in April: https://picasaweb.google.com/105042746475038939492/Bluebonnets2012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKjAktnTzqaeOQ&feat=directlink

Edited by 2J5M9K
fixing links :)

Sooo, today, we finalized on "the three."

Their names are now:

Victoria Evelyn

Addison Jeremiah

and

Caden Anthony

At this time, they want to go by:

Victoria (Tori), Jeremiah (A.J.), and Tony

I have tons of pics from today but they need some editing. Here is the one with the judge: https://picasaweb.google.com/105042746475038939492/July242012

Here is a link to pics we took in April: https://picasaweb.google.com/105042746475038939492/Bluebonnets2012

Links are now working for me, and congratulations x 3!!!!!!

:party:

(Goodness, those boys are little tiny!) :grouphug:

Edited by Caitilin

Amy,

Now I can more easily say this story too. My kids had to go to public school last year. My daughter had a great year in Kindergarten. I had a VERY hard time with the boys' school though. Unfortunately, many people have issues with that school. However, as a foster parent, I probably should have handled it differently. Anyway, straw that broke the camel's back on my part as well as the teacher's was when she emailed me saying my then FOUR year old would receive TWO HOURS of time out (not called that, but it is separation from peers and not allowed to do what they were doing) for a childish mistake (found and used a marker inappropriately outside). I told the teacher that she was not to over punish like that again; so she called CPS several times per week for the final 6 weeks of school, delaying our adoption further. Obviously there is more to the story. But we were not guilty of abusing or neglecting the children, of course. It is just that an adoption is put on hold during investigations (we had two investigations comprised of SEVENTY allegations, most being the same things, most false, most twisted, all ridiculous).

ANYWAY, because of various things, I wanted a little more anonymity online as she already had done SO much. I just couldn't risk my kiddos. Now, of course, we're legal so I can be me :)

We won :) We're a family :) We're HAPPY!

Edited by 2J5M9K

Just wanted to say I thought it was you. I had been following your comments because a good friend has huge foster to adoption problems. Unfortunately no happy ending for them. I can't tell you how happy I am that it all worked out. :grouphug:

Thank you all so much. We are so incredibly fortunate to get these wonderful littles. We think about how everything went and we're just amazed. Our timeline was CRAZY.

June 2009 - hubby's job ended

Fall 2009 - he worked out of town while we stayed home

Jan 2010 - he came home from that temporary job

May 2010 - we went on the road for 6 months (which allowed me healing, though not a cure, physically among other things)

Nov 2010 - we go home (hubby's job called him back!)

Jan 3, 2011 - I call a couple agencies.

March 3, 2011 - We are licensed foster parents!

April 3, 2011 - though we said we weren't moving til Dec, a great deal fell in our laps so we moved in new house!

April 6, 2011 - I receive the Xth of Y calls (a LOT, whatever it was). Like most, I said yes.

April 11, 2011 - The worker asks my agency if I can be ready for delivery sometime Wednesday. We didn't even know they had chosen us!

April 13, 2011 - Three beautiful children arrived at my home!

How crazy that we got to come home right at that time. How crazy that we got licensed SO quickly, despite horrible storms that winter that made classes be cancelled and such. How wild that we moved only a month after licensing when we didn't plan to move til the end of the year, if then. I just think of how many calls I received in those 5 days. Any one of those kids/groups could have come and then I wouldn't have been able to have "the three" (we already had two little boys also). Had the workers disclosed certain information, I would have declined them! It is just WILD!

OH, get this....our old house (before the travel) would not have worked for us to foster. Though it was a 5 bedroom, 3 bath home, it wouldn't have been counted that way because of the set up. We never could have fostered in that home (though we got that home originally in order to foster-adopt and then things didn't work out for us at that time). So really, all of this awesomeness started with losing his job!

BTW, post-adoption is some pretty cool stuff. My kids have college tuition paid FOR LIFE regardless of their age or what they are going to school for. They can go as high schoolers (tuition is paid by state anyway, but college fees will also be paid). A bachelor degree in their 20s, a law degree at 60, a doctorate at 40, law school, medical school, technical school, whatever!

One less than ideal thing is that though we live in Texas so generally don't have to worry about homeschool law, we do have to verify our homeschooling for post-adoption. Thankfully, it'll be this week and every five years so not particularly invasive. And of course, they can only ask us to "prove" we're following the law.

Okay, enough rambling. Obviously I'm excited. We're all dead tired as we had to travel to the court very early this morning (hubby and I got up at 3:30). It was pretty neat when we stopped places. They'd ask why we were dressed up and hubby would tell them. They never would have guessed THAT! LOL

Unicorn, I am trying to figure out what to do. We are actually the second foster family she has done this to. Fact is, we're easy targets to bully because we generally won't fight back in fear of things like what happened to us. And even when it DOES happen, we tend to back down just to get the boat to stop rocking and go on with life. However, it is just wrong.

The kids' therapist did call the asst principal. She didn't say anything about what *I* had said, but only addressed the concerns brought up by Jeremiah. There are also emails and recordings of her "issues" as she was not careful in the least.

It isn't so much as to get revenge as that isn't my style. However, based on what I know (not to mention what I also suspect based on certain other information), I do think it would be wise for her to be firmly disciplined (at least) so she reconsiders treating other families like this.

Or you could just come and take care of it :) J/K

:grouphug: I think she should be fired. I can't imagine putting such a small child in isolation for innapropriate use of a marker. You talk to them, and tell them not to do it again. I know calls to CPS are/can be anonymous, but is there anyway she can be charged w/ making false charges against you? I know it's not about revenge for you. She is the the kind of teacher who gives teachers a bad name. My heart hurts for any child who has to suffer through a year with her.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: