Menu

"What do women really think?" (take 2)

Lingerie - love it, hate it, or other  

1. 1. Lingerie - love it, hate it, or other

• Love it! Never feel s*xier than when wearing it!
    • Eh, it's OK. Get's the job done, I guess.
    • What sane woman would want to wear it??
    • Popcorn, please!

At a mom's night out last week there was an interesting (and slightly entertaining) discussion regarding lingerie and how women feel about wearing it. It's a good thing the lighting was dim in the restaurant because more than a few of us were blushing. ;) No need to give intimate details, just give your vote, please, because I have a bet with dh that I'm hoping to win! :D

I said Love it, but I am choosing to ignore the 'never feel sexier' part of you poll option.

I do love lingerie. I would be happy to wear it everyday if dh appreciated it more; he doesn't, so I don't spend the money on it.

I live in t-shirts and jeans for practicality and frugal reasons. I love to dress up though and lingerie is just an extension of that for me.

I put popcorn please because I will wear SOME types and DH of course loves it.. My issue is I feel stupid changing back into "mommy wear" when I am actually planning to sleep. My kids always wake up before me and come in my room tattling about SOMETHING.. and I had a boy absolutely obsessed with breasts...so, I have to be quite modest most of the time...

It helps me remember that I am a woman after a day of feeling more like a cat herder, frustrated teacher, short order cook, taxi driver, and part time nurse.

This. Totally. I feel pretty and young and sensual when I'm wearing it. It takes me back to my honeymoon.

I hate some types as they are just uncomfortable, but to fork out the cash for really nice stuff seems like such a waste of money. I love the really nice lingerie, but since it costs a fair amount, and my dh would rather I not wear anything, than it seems silly to buy them.

I think it's more for ladies with bOOks than gals like me with.. uh... junior easy readers.
:lol: Or for women like me who used to have great bOOks but now have nothing more than deflated comic book-sized "readers". :D

One of the sites that came up on our weekly "Family Safety" list yesterday was one where my dh went to see if all women like lingerie or if they are more like me (I can't stand the stuff). I told him he needed a real poll of real women/moms, hence my post. So thank you all for taking the time to vote/respond!

I've always enjoyed it, but rarely spent the money on it. Sometimes DH would pick something up for me and I didn't get around to wearing it for months or almost a year.

After 3 kids, I have plenty of wrinkly belly skin. DH doesn't mind, but *I* feel better wearing lingerie now to hide it. It makes *me* feel sexier and more in the mood.

I've been wearing it a lot lately. I joke with Dh that it is my superhero costume...it helps me transition mentally from being "mommy" to feeling more like a sexy wife :) I've been buying more and enjoying wearing it, and DH is enjoying it too.

I put popcorn please because I will wear SOME types and DH of course loves it.. My issue is I feel stupid changing back into "mommy wear" when I am actually planning to sleep. My kids always wake up before me and come in my room tattling about SOMETHING.. and I had a boy absolutely obsessed with breasts...so, I have to be quite modest most of the time...

Wait - are you still wearing it at the end? Ok - that's new to me. I would feel weird changing afterward too.

Okay, so after reading the thread I've come to the conclusion you are referring to s3xy nighties (thinking Fredrick's) instead of undergarments in general (thinking Macy's lingerie dept.)

The former is not something I wear. If for no other reason than it is cold where I live for 9 months of the year. I'll stick to flannel, thankyouverymuch.

The latter is something I have a good variety and amount of and like it a lot.

Don't see the need but I'm more practical. Dh does think it "sexy" when I dress in hippy skirts w/ my hair down. Why that is his thing I don't know but it makes me feel girly. I think his biggest preference would be a hippy skirt w/ nothing else.

Wait - are you still wearing it at the end? Ok - that's new to me. I would feel weird changing afterward too.

I'm not the person you are addressing but I keep it on many times. Most of my stuff has ummm...access. Since I like it to camouflage my wrinkly belly skin, I leave it on. Again, my issue, not DH's, but he doesn't seem to mind. Depending on what it is, I may or may not change into "sleepwear" with more coverage afterward. Some of my things are comfy enough to sleep in, like a beautiful silk cami type top I have with antique lace on the top, paired with black lace boy shorts. Not really a set, but it still makes me feel good, and is comfy enough to sleep in.

I said Love it, but I am choosing to ignore the 'never feel sexier' part of you poll option.

I do love lingerie. I would be happy to wear it everyday if dh appreciated it more; he doesn't, so I don't spend the money on it.

:iagree:

Thank you for not leaving me alone in this dark room! Lol. I really with my ds would give it a rest already.

ha ha. Hopefully it will settle down soon.. My son is 9 about to be 10 and asking for an anatomy book :001_huh: I really think he is just SUPER curious and hearing about anatomy isn't curing his curiosity... I am searching a kid friendlish anatomy book.

I love it and so does dh. Day in and day out, I just wear nice black undergarments (unless I have to wear white). I wear lingerie rarely, but I love it when I do. It's also fun to buy. I had a lingerie shower for one of my bridal showers (given by college friends), and I still have my favorite pieces that I wore on our honeymoon.

I wear workout clothes as regular pajamas, though, because of the kids. I can see where it would be nice to be able to walk around in this sort of attire, but it's not happening in an 1,100 sq ft house with one bathroom! :)

Edited by nestof3

It helps me remember that I am a woman after a day of feeling more like a cat herder, frustrated teacher, short order cook, taxi driver, and part time nurse.

YES!!!

And it helps me "shift" from teeshirt, khakis mom to well... someone else entirely. ;)

DH adores it and loves being surprised by something new.

Dh wishes I would wear it more often, but it's just SO expensive, and for the little time it actually stays on, I feel like it's a waste of money. I suppose I should lighten up! :tongue_smilie: