Menu

UPDATE: immigration, etc.

Well, Anwar was acquitted which was a good thing for travelers since the 10,000 person mob outside the courthouse were his supporters. Overall it was pretty peaceful but then three bombs went off and that caused some chaos.

But we left a little later than planned so by the time we rolled into town, the chaos had pretty much dissipated.

Today was a day from hell though... 7 hours sitting at the embassy with three kids. We were miserable. But in the end ....

SHE'S APPROVED!!!! :D We pick up her immigrant visa on Thursday and that means we can finally take her to the U.S. As soon as she steps foot on U.S. soil she becomes a permanent resident and then we can apply for her citizenship.

I am so happy I could cry or laugh or scream or whatever. Two years almost to the day... It was totally worth it.

Now we will spend two days enjoying KL, pick up her visa on Thursday afternoon, and head home Friday morning. Thank you for all of your prayers!

Very happy for you.

I know sort of how you feel. After over nine years in the country and lots and lots of paperwork and some anxiety, then we went in for a scary interview a la the movies and half an hour later were told we were permanent residents. I was on cloud nine for days after!!

Another half year or so and then our five years on the Green Card are over!!

Well, Anwar was acquitted which was a good thing for travelers since the 10,000 person mob outside the courthouse were his supporters. Overall it was pretty peaceful but then three bombs went off and that caused some chaos.

But we left a little later than planned so by the time we rolled into town, the chaos had pretty much dissipated.

Today was a day from hell though... 7 hours sitting at the embassy with three kids. We were miserable. But in the end ....

SHE'S APPROVED!!!! :D We pick up her immigrant visa on Thursday and that means we can finally take her to the U.S. As soon as she steps foot on U.S. soil she becomes a permanent resident and then we can apply for her citizenship.

I am so happy I could cry or laugh or scream or whatever. Two years almost to the day... It was totally worth it.

Now we will spend two days enjoying KL, pick up her visa on Thursday afternoon, and head home Friday morning. Thank you for all of your prayers!

Wonderful! I awoke thinking of you guys this morning...I'm so happy everything worked out great! :D:D:D

Very happy for you.

I know sort of how you feel. After over nine years in the country and lots and lots of paperwork and some anxiety, then we went in for a scary interview a la the movies and half an hour later were told we were permanent residents. I was on cloud nine for days after!!

Another half year or so and then our five years on the Green Card are over!!

It is quite a journey, isn't it? The mountains of paperwork, money, scary interviews, waiting, more money... Feels like it will never end! It is fitting though, that we picked her up from the hospital on Jan 12, 2010 and we pick up her immigrant visa on Jan 12, 2012. :D

Congrats on being nearly done with your process as well!