Menu

What color is your car?

My dh's car is navy blue and although it looks good when clean, it shows dirt and scratches very easily. My truck is silver and I love it, you can almost never tell it's dirty. I used to have a black van and it was awful in the summer. My DH used to have a white truck and it was nice. Never got to hot and didn't really show dirt unless it was muddy.

Mine is light blue. All our other cars are dark blue. If I knew I could have found another minivan with everything that I wanted for the price I wanted and a different color I would have looked for another color. I searched for 4 months to find a van that had everything I wanted and in a price range that I could afford.

I'd rather have the interior of the car be what I like since I'm going to be looking at that the most.

Our cars are white. They don't show dirt as fast as darker cars, believe it or not (dust is light and shows up best on dark cars.) Dark colored cars tend to be in more accidents (they are not as visible.) White could be a problem if you live in an area with a lot of snow and drive during snow without your lights on.

white. It was the last car we bought new. before we bought it, we did lots of looking at cars in the winter rains (get lots here), and at night. white was the most visible. silver disappears in the rain, and black disappears at night.

we've bought two used cars since then and color has had to take a backseat to other factors. there are colors that would be deal breakers. I'd stop at orange, or puke green.

Edited by gardenmom5

I have silver, black, burgundy, red, and gray vehicles. I do not purchase white or cream as I greatly dislike those colors on vehicles. I'm also not a fan of red as it fades so easily. The silver is nice (it replaced a midnight blue we had which was also nice). The burgundy is better than red. The black is alright for the model (Firebird).

My husband's truck is silver. Oldest dd's Jetta is white. Youngest dd has a kind of silvery-brown Forte, and ds has a black Hyundai Accent.

My and dh's vehicles rarely look dirty, and neither does dd's white one. The other two generally look horrid (we live on a gravel road).

I always prefer light blue, silvery, gray, type colors. I do not like white, black, red or yellow cars, and hope to never own one. Beggers can't be chosers, but I would keep looking to avoid those colors. Colors I don't like weigh heavily on me, so I keep looking till I find a color I am comfortable with. I'm odd.

We have always bought our cars based on everything BUT color. Safety, reliability, mileage, features. My current car (12 years old) is a silvery gray. Bleh. The plan is to replace it in a year. I'm hoping for a pretty color next time, maybe blue.

Dh's car, which is 2 years old, is red.

Wendi

I was actually able to choose a color with my last car purchase. I wasn't in a hurry and I knew what vehicle and features I wanted. I bought a nearly new car and waited until I got that had everything on my list. I knew I did NOT want white, beige, gold, silver, yellow or tan. All of our cars for the last 20 years have been one of those colors.

My van is RED and I love it!

We have three vehicles, and they are all black. My husband only likes black vehicles. They look awesome when clean, but they show every speck of dirt. Dh is very picky about how they look, so they are usually clean. I think white is usually considered a good choice because it doesn't show as much dirt as the darker colors.

One of our cars is dark red and one is navy.

I have had two white cars, The bonus with white cars is that they are very visible on the roads and easy to spot in car parks as so few people have them. They also take a while to look dusty/dirty since they just go off white. I never set out to choose white they just happened to be white, colour was the least important factor.

I never liked red cars but have one now as the car was too good to pass up.

My least favourite colours are lime green and that champagne/mushroom colour and that very bright orangey/red colour. If I chose a car from new I would probably choose silver or a lighter blue.

I pick cars based first on it meeting my needs (a family of seven won't fit in a Ford Focus). I then have a handful of other things I find important for us. Color is last on the list. I didn't *want* a white van, for example, but I most certainly would have accepted one. As it turned out, the last two cars have been "different." My Sonata was "natural khaki" which is a strange greenish color depending on the light. Dragonflies LOVED it. My van is Kia's version of red which is just a different (and sharp) color for a van (where I wouldn't like some reds AT ALL).

Mine is white. I don't like white cars and never would have chosen it. However, it's what was available when I needed a new car, so that's what I have. I've driven it for 7 years and will drive it for many more years, most likely. Amazingly enough, I've survived. :tongue_smilie: I do hope that my next car is not white, however. I will say that the interior is very nice (leather). I think that matters more.

My SUV is estate green, kind of an army green. I like it. It goes well with my coat and with both dogs I've had since I got it. Plus, green is my favorite color.

I did not choose the SUV. DH pulled into a dealership one fall day, for no reason at all, so we could walk around looking at SUVs "for fun". He asked me which color I liked. The next Mother's Day, it was sitting in the driveway.

DH's sedan is silver.

Edited by RoughCollie

And how important is that to you considering you'll be driving the car for a few years?

I like dark colors, but I found what I think is a good deal on a van that is white. Not a big fan of white... but I can handle the price tag.

The used car I just bought is kind of a greenish-greyish blue. "Teal" is as close as I can come to describing it in a single word.

(Here's a photo of a car the same model and color as mine: http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/autos/0903/gallery.cheap_cars/2.html)

My husband drove a bright yellow MINI Clubman for three years, and he loved it. Apparently, they only made that particular color for one year, and it is in high demand. However, he just traded it in on a MINI Cooper convertible that is what they call "Hyper Blue," and it's cute, too.

Color is important to both of us, for a variety of reasons. For one thing, I like being able to find the car in a parking lot!

I like darker colors, too, but I drive smaller cars. My beloved MINI Clubman was British Racing Green with black bonnet stripes and top. And I've come to the conclusion that driving a car that is tiny and dark makes it too hard for other drivers to see me. So, the last couple cars I've bought have been brighter colors.

I did seriously consider two vehicles this time that were white. One, I decided against because of reviews online. The other . . . I just decided I liked the car I bought better. (Plus, the white one was $1,000 more.) I don't know that a car being a boring color would actually prevent me from buying it if everything else lined up, but it's certainly a factor.

Edited by Jenny in Florida

Mine is silver, DH's is dark blue.

I don't like white cars at all....even when I rent a car, I ask for any color but white!

Side note - white cars are the most difficult to see in snow, so if you live in a snowy area, there is an increased risk of accidents; red cars have the highest incidence of speeding tickets.

And how important is that to you considering you'll be driving the car for a few years?

I like dark colors, but I found what I think is a good deal on a van that is white. Not a big fan of white... but I can handle the price tag.

I prefer white cars. If not white, has to be light. Dark cars get way too hot in Colorado.