Menu

Did we ever discover who the famous hs mom was?

There was a thread many months ago about a "sighting" of a famous hs mom who was reading this message board. Someone was dangling this juicy tidbit in front of us, and everyone was offering guesses as to the identity.

I think I stopped following after 30+ pages and lots and lots of pictures of men in kilts. :tongue_smilie:

Anyway, was the mystery ever solved?

I think it was decided that whoever the person was-that their privacy should be honored.

If they wanted everyone to know who they were, then they could say so themselves.:001_smile:

This.

But, boy, we had fun with those kilt pictures. I think there was a hearty discussion on international foods, but I mostly remember the kilts. :lol:

I don't do well with the "I know something you don't know and I am not going to tell you" stuff! :tongue_smilie:

Dawn

I think it was decided that whoever the person was-that their privacy should be honored.

If they wanted everyone to know who they were, then they could say so themselves.:001_smile:

Yeah, personally I thought it was really immature of the OP to start the whole thread.

Kind of like "I know something you don't know, I know something you don't know."

I thought it was fun and silly, which is not the same as immature. If it was immature, at least it kept a dozen of us very childish people amused for several hours! :lol:

Yeah, personally I thought it was really immature of the OP to start the whole thread.

Kind of like "I know something you don't know, I know something you don't know."

Yeah, starting that thread was kind of pointless and immature.

If the "famous" person in question wanted to come forth as some sort of role model, they would. If they wanted to maintain their privacy, then what was the point of that thread, other than to tease everyone else? And who even cares anyway, some people seem to fixate on "celebrities" a bit too much (in general I mean, not in this thread).

I thought it was fun and silly, which is not the same as immature. If it was immature, at least it kept a dozen of us very childish people amused for several hours! :lol:

To me the original intent of the thread was immature...what it ended up turning into, well, I will let you be the judge of that! ;)

I do off and on research for a PR firm, basically doing web searches and compiling what has been written/posted on the internet about their clients. I'm amazed at the kind of scrutiny some people go through. Some have their houses staked out, have people going through their garbage and posting catalogs of it, it's amazing and at least a bit disgusting. Especially on a public forum like this that is easily searchable from Google, etc., I can really see why anonymity would be preferable.

Yeah, personally I thought it was really immature of the OP to start the whole thread. Kind of like "I know something you don't know, I know something you don't know."

:iagree:

Yeah, starting that thread was kind of pointless and immature.

If the "famous" person in question wanted to come forth as some sort of role model, they would. If they wanted to maintain their privacy, then what was the point of that thread, other than to tease everyone else? And who even cares anyway, some people seem to fixate on "celebrities" a bit too much (in general I mean, not in this thread).

I don't do well with the "I know something you don't know and I am not going to tell you" stuff! :tongue_smilie:

There was a thread many months ago about a "sighting" of a famous hs mom who was reading this message board. Someone was dangling this juicy tidbit in front of us, and everyone was offering guesses as to the identity.

I think I stopped following after 30+ pages and lots and lots of pictures of men in kilts. :tongue_smilie:

Anyway, was the mystery ever solved?

I don't know if the famous person was every uncovered, but anyone posting that they think we should leave this famous person to have her privacy is a good suspect. :D

I don't know if the famous person was every uncovered, but anyone posting that they think we should leave this famous person to have her privacy is a good suspect. :D

:lol::lol:

You beat me to it.

Now I'm going to have that line stuck in my head all day.

me, too. OK, I was an early 80s teen, but I didn't know nono's avatar was Joan Jett. I study it each time I see it, but couldn't figure it out.

And while the original thread was maddening :tongue_smilie: to me, I was and still am desperately curious. :D I was just thinking about it yesterday, too! lol

Just wanted to say that I don't think the OP on that thread was being immature. I think she was excited to let everyone know that there is a famous person reading this board, but of course she couldn't say who. The celebrity in question was sort of beside the point.

I kinda doubt the bolded part. :D

Wait...I thought Nono's avatar was Joan Jett. At least I think that's what she told me once. Nono???

Yeah, it's Joan Jett. It's hard to see her, err my height in the avatar. ;) But hey, Pat Benetar was a cutie. I'll take that too. Esp. her waistline...

P.S. There was a female rocker who was a homeschooling Mom. It may have been Pat Benetar. I can't remember now... But she homeschooled the kids on the road!

Edited by nono

I was a teen in the early 80's and I wanted to have Joan Jett hair, but my hair is curly and frizzy so it never looked like hers lol. I have always thought Joan Jett came out as a lesbian years ago and I don't think she has any children.

I didn't think it was horribly immature. More like harmless fun. And that thread was fun. And now, 80's icons!

I'll fess up. I am the celebrity. Often at the gym or at church people ask " are you ds's mom? Ahem, we need to talk to you." Yes, I have a cult following, I admit. It's hard to be this in demand.

I kinda doubt the bolded part. :D

What can I say but...

Different strokes, for different folks

and so on and so on

and scooby dooby dooby

ETA: The Joan Jett version of course :)

ETA 2: I really could see the OP thinking that people would like knowing there was a celebrity reading here, even if they didn't know who. I think she underestimated most people's curiosity.

Edited by LeslieAnneLevine

Was that original thread even true?? It could have been totally made up...
Possible. But homeschooling makes enough sense for people who have the lifestyle that some stars have, where they're on the road or on location so much, that homeschooling is pretty popular. I think it's plausible that someone whose name we would recognize might come here looking for ideas, etc.

Yes, I think we all need a completely frivolous thread now and then. How else would the Hive discover it's Official Mascot, Drink, and Uniform?