Menu

Now that the dust has settled....flying in under the radar

I guess the dust has settled after my dramatic non-exit. I really didn't want to leave but the current controversy had my feathers ruffled. This girl, that usually remains quiet, had too much wine and too many hormones coursing through her body, that she could no longer contain herself. Unfortunately, my good intentions went out the window and what I had in my head to say did not get transferred here.

I am coming back to ask for everyone's forgiveness for any hurt I caused; that was not my intention at all. I did not know the board rule about "not" announcing that I am leaving, it was a mistake on my part. I really don't want to leave. I have found most here are gracious, wise women of whom I have the upmost respect for. I have gained much wisdom on a myriad of things from the women on this board.

I was happy to see that my contribution was of much enjoyment for many on this board and gave a comedic relief from the kerfluffle that was currently going on at the time. It looks like my name will go down in WTM board history :)

No hard feelings here. I am relatively new but I know that if there is a post that doesn't interest me, I just don't open it. I have learned soooo much from the wise homeschoolers here that it doesn't matter if we all agree, besides, how boring would that be!

HUGS!

Welcome back Lisa :grouphug:

That took an enormous amount of humility. I'm glad you are back. I know that I have learned A LOT from people I don't really agree with. And, honestly, it has made me a better person. :)

Glad you stayed. :grouphug:

Forgiveness?! You don't need to be forgiven. Actually, we all should be thanking you! Because of you, we now have many lovely images of men in kilts. I now have an intense desire to watch Dr. Who. Also, I found another reason to love rum. So thank you for all the wonderful memories.

PS- I have been know to post some, oh let's say "interesting" things after a rough day and a few glasses of wine.;)

That took an enormous amount of humility. I'm glad you are back. I know that I have learned A LOT from people I don't really agree with. And, honestly, it has made me a better person. :)

:iagree: with every word.

:grouphug:

Listen, Mo, (may I call you Mo? :D)

I'm not here because I agree with everyone, I'm here because it's fun, educational, and supporting to me. I'm here because I can occasionally forget my little life and write about bigger things. I'm here because, sometimes, I can contribute some semblance of wisdom from my life experiences. I'm here because I don't want to do the dishes. Reasons vary.

Surely your reasons vary, too. Keep contributing your unique perspective, your hard-earned wisdom, and your humorous "stuff." Stay engaged--We need you! I need you!

I'M GLAD YOU'RE HERE!

So glad to hear that! I know that I appreciate and learn from each and every one of you here on this board.

And, I think we've all learned a valuable lesson here: Never underestimate the powers of zany humor, recipe-sharing, and (of course!) kilts to diffuse an uncomfortable, awkward, or unpleasant thread! :001_smile:

Very gracious. I was one who felt a little snippy that night and responded that way. My apologies. I think the kerfuffle ruffled everyone's feathers. I am glad you are staying. I think we are so much richer for having a diverse community here.

I guess the dust has settled after my dramatic non-exit. I really didn't want to leave but the current controversy had my feathers ruffled. This girl, that usually remains quiet, had too much wine and too many hormones coursing through her body, that she could no longer contain herself. Unfortunately, my good intentions went out the window and what I had in my head to say did not get transferred here.

I am coming back to ask for everyone's forgiveness for any hurt I caused; that was not my intention at all. I did not know the board rule about "not" announcing that I am leaving, it was a mistake on my part. I really don't want to leave. I have found most here are gracious, wise women of whom I have the upmost respect for. I have gained much wisdom on a myriad of things from the women on this board.

I was happy to see that my contribution was of much enjoyment for many on this board and gave a comedic relief from the kerfluffle that was currently going on at the time. It looks like my name will go down in WTM board history :)

Oh yes your post will be quoted for years and years to come.

We should actually thank you for starting that thread, as it gave all who visit the WTM boards heart palpitations and stitches in their sides!

:grouphug:

:iagree:Well said! I agree with some of the other posters. I come here for encouragment and fun with other like minded homeschoolers! I just stay out of the conversations that bother me or do not interest me.:grouphug:

No problem! You didn't cause any hurt and guess what, we are all just imperfect humans, we all get our feelings ruffled, we all fall down. This board is usually pretty loving and helps everyone back up, dust off the dirt, and pull them back into the flock. Truly! The only time this hasn't been true is when we've actually had a real "troll"...someone whose intention was to cause as much craziness as possible, sad horribly painful things all the time, etc. But, the mods have been wonderful about taking care of trolls. You aren't one of these, no siree!

So, welcome back...could to see you.

Now as for the kilt kerfuffle, you know what...it was really good for all of us. Laughter is the best medicine!!!

Happy weekend,

Off to possibly buy a car...I'm so excited!

Faith