Menu

Today would have been my son's 22nd birthday...

He is celebrating being 22 in heaven. My mom shares his birthday. I am getting ready to go out with her and the family. We are going to take her to lunch and then to the nurseries to buy her flowers for her garden. I am trying so hard not to cry all day and ruin her birthday. I know she feels the same though. I know he is okay. I know he wants to be where he is. I know that we need to celebrate my mom. I just miss him so much.

My dad & his sister shared a birthday. She died at 48; he died at 49, about a week after his birthday. They were CLOSE.

My grandmother tried to celebrate dad's last birthday w/out mentioning Tammy. Dad was in an *awful* temper all night. (I've heard that's a symptom of heart patients, but I think it could have also been depression.)

Once everybody had gone outside, I talked to him about it. It broke my heart to see him treat my grandmother like that: she'd lost her daughter, & dad had nearly died the month before. It had only been a couple of years since my grandfather had died.

When I mentioned this to him, he burst out with something along the lines of, "She's acting like Tammy never existed!"

Oh, Dad. She was just trying not to hurt you. But, he argued, it hurt him for Tammy not to be remembered.

He was gentler after the conversation, but that was the last time I saw him.

All of that to say...celebrate your mom, but...you might think about what you want to do for Timmy, too. Doing something will probably make you all feel better about the day.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

He is celebrating being 22 in heaven. My mom shares his birthday. I am getting ready to go out with her and the family. We are going to take her to lunch and then to the nurseries to buy her flowers for her garden. I am trying so hard not to cry all day and ruin her birthday. I know she feels the same though. I know he is okay. I know he wants to be where he is. I know that we need to celebrate my mom. I just miss him so much.

My mom told me birthdays were harder than other holidays. [my brother died]

I am so sorry Kari. I am sure your mom understands. :grouphug:

Putting myself in your mom's place, I feel like she is worried about you, missing her grandson, and not really too keen to celebrate her birthday. She may feel like crying all day too. She understands, Kari. She's a mother too. :grouphug:

Barb