Menu

Upset last night.

I got a call from the doctor in MN who said the radiologist was concerned with the two spots that lit up in my spine on the PET scan.

I was so emotional. It was worse compared to being diagnosed!

Today I had a mri in hopes that it will clear up the questions.

Please pray that they won't suggest a bone biopsy because it will be clear that there is no cancer in the spine.

I am so worried that if I have a bone biopsy that it will hurt, be a risk, and put me at a stage 4. I'm afraid to be at a stage 4 because they might not treat me with aggression.

I still have not received any treatment as we are hoping to get into the study if the mri is good. Each day that goes past I worry of the cancer spreading.

I am praying for you:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Honey, I know it's scary. Cancer does not usually spread this fast - meaning where days make a huge difference. Your cancer may have taken years to develop to this stage. I can totally understand that you want to hit it with something NOW.

I will pray for peace and complete healing.

Please PM me if you would like more info.

I'll be praying, as well. But really, don't worry about the cancer spreading in a matter of days or even weeks. It's very likely that you've had this malignancy for a long time, and you can't go from a stage II or III to a IV in a couple of weeks due to it spreading.

But, I know how scary the waiting can be, so I'll be praying for a peace that passes all understanding.

Please pray that they won't suggest a bone biopsy because it will be clear that there is no cancer in the spine.

I am so worried that if I have a bone biopsy that it will hurt, be a risk, and put me at a stage 4. I'm afraid to be at a stage 4 because they might not treat me with aggression.

I still have not received any treatment as we are hoping to get into the study if the mri is good. Each day that goes past I worry of the cancer spreading.

Christine, the treatment one doctor decides is best might not be the treatment another doctor feels is right. Treatment is as much an art as it is a science. If ultimately you don't feel comfortable with what they decide, look elsewhere. I hope to reassure you that you have other options.

Many prayers for you that this will work out okay and you will have a better idea what to do very soon.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

The radiologist who read the scans probably didn't know about your pre-existing degenerative spine condition, which is more than likely what is showing up on the films.

This is probably what's going on. I had a couple of weird spots on my bone scan, which was because of some childbirth-related pelvic bone trouble. I would think it would be really weird to have it go to your bones while your lymph nodes are clear.

So sorry you have to get it checked out. Praying here.