Menu

Favorite chocolate?

Ethical sourcing is really important to me, so I usually stick with Green & Black and a few other chocolate makers that I've investigated. Green & Black's Mint Dark Chocolate is a little too sweet for me, but I still love it. My 2nd favorite is Green & Black's 70% Dark Chocolate.

i like truffles. i also like this chocolate that come in a triangle package? i can't think of the name (i think it starts with a T and the package is yellowish???), but it's like a triangular candy bar. it is awesome!!

ETA toblerone!!!!!

Yeah, Toblerone was the first chocolate I actually liked. Before I'd tried it I didn't care much for chocolate.

Cinder

Let's have it people.. what brand of chocolate is your personal favorite?

Mine's a tie between Cadbury's and Galaxy/Mars. I'm just so looking forward to moving to North America where I'll be able to get hold of Reese's easily! :D

Chocolove!

The company is based in Boulder, Colorado. Wonderful dark chocolate.

I'm just so looking forward to moving to North America where I'll be able to get hold of Reese's easily! :D

I live less than an hour away from the Hershey Chocolate Factory, where they make the Reese's, (and we go to visit it once every 3 or 4 months and they give out free chocolate)....

...but I've DREAMED of moving to England, just so I can have Cadbury's chocolate whenever I want to! (They only have it around here at Easter time.) I've heard that there are actual Cadbury vending machines in England? Is that true? Are they somewhere near the streets of gold? ;)

Will you be moving near me? If so, can you bring me some Cadbury eggs???? I'll take you to the Hershey Chocolate Factory....

I can't beliee no one mentioned Droste Pastilles (known around here as "mommy's favorite chocolate". Trader Joe's used to carry them, but, alas, no more. Probably better (see earlier post re. fear of becoming diabetic:confused:). All the flavors are wonderful, but I liked the ones in the purple box best.

I live less than an hour away from the Hershey Chocolate Factory, where they make the Reese's, (and we go to visit it once every 3 or 4 months and they give out free chocolate)....

...but I've DREAMED of moving to England, just so I can have Cadbury's chocolate whenever I want to! (They only have it around here at Easter time.) I've heard that there are actual Cadbury vending machines in England? Is that true? Are they somewhere near the streets of gold? ;)

Will you be moving near me? If so, can you bring me some Cadbury eggs???? I'll take you to the Hershey Chocolate Factory....

Well we're hoping to move to Canada (East Coast) so not too near I'm afraid! Chocolate Factory visits do sound appealing!

But just to make you drool.. yes we do have Cadbury vending machines and you can buy Creme Eggs most of the year in our local supermarket. In fact this year, perhaps because Cadbury has just been taken over by an American company, they are selling "Screme Eggs" with a suitable Halloween wrapping and a white and green centre!! They taste pretty much the same as the usual ones.. really yummy :001_smile:

Lindt Dark. :)

One night, several years ago, I asked dh to stop on his way home from work and get some pms chocolate for me.

Do you know what the man brought into my pms house?

Tootsie Rolls!

Me: "No, really. Where IS the chocolate?"

Dh: "Look how much you get!"

Can you believe that? He thought chocolate = tootsie rolls?!!

He has since confirmed with many pms types that Tootsie Rolls are NOT chocolate to a woman with pms. As if my reaction wasn't enough to convince him. :D

Fazer from Finland is my very favorite chocolate. Creamy and delicious. I love this stuff!

Ah you beat me to it! LOVE LOVE LOVE Fazer. My husband served an LDS mission in Finland and got me hooked on it. And Amazon sells it now :svengo:I used to have to order it slow-boat from the UK!

If I can't have Fazer, I'd say Dagoba is a close second, followed by Dove. Oh, and Chukar makes the single most amazing chocolate covered cherries on the planet.