Menu

The last book I read aloud to my child was....

Play along :)

The last book I read aloud to my 4 y/o was: The Butter Battle Book, by Dr. Seuss

The last book I read aloud to my 10 y/o was: On The Banks Of Plum Creek (we're in the middle of reading it). (We're also in the middle of "The Witch of Blackbird Pond"- the Little House series is for fun, The Witch of Blackbird Pond is for school).

What was the last (or current) read aloud in your house?

Edited by NanceXToo

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see....Today I've read, "Viking Adventure" aloud to my 1st and 4th grader, and "Beorn the Proud" to all of the kids. I also read 2 chapters out of the Vos Story Bible to my 3 year old and 1st grader. My 1st grader and I are also reading "Little House in the Big Woods" together. I won't even mention the 4 Dora & Diego books I read to my 3 year old today or the umpteen short stories I read out of the 365 Disney bedtime stories book! No wonder my voice is hoarse by the end of the day!

The last book I read aloud to my child was....

DD the Younger (6): The Mouse and the Motorcycle

DD the Elder (8): The Golden Road (we were sad to let Sara Stanley go)

Both: Stormy, Misty's Foal

Tonight I read My Little Pony and What lives in The Desert to my 5 and 7 yr. old dds.

Our last history read aloud was Squanto, Friend of the Pilgrims.

Our next history read aloud is New England Colonial Days by Marcelle Laval Duffe.

I have alot of read alouds from the library. ;)

I don't have a read aloud for ds (13)...yet.

Currently I'm reading The Neverending Story by Michael Ende.

I want to read that. I never have, and I LOVED the movie. I actually just checked yesterday to see if my library had it so I could reserve it- and they don't have it! I'll order it from Interlibrary Loan at some point! But I guess I'll wait, we're still working our way through the Little House series for fun, we're reading Witch of Blackbird Pond for school together, my daughter is reading I Am Regina for school independently, and she's reading some A to Z Mysteries book for library book club so another one at this point would be overkill lol.

Ooh I remember really liking that one (and feeling really spooked by that one, too!) when I was a kid!

Last week she asked me to read Sherlock Holmes stories...but they were spooking me out, so I begged off. This is better than that. The Speckled Band one freaked me out as a kid and I found it still does. ;)

I do notice that when she is reading about Sherlock, she is in my bed. lol

Since school started though, I haven't read anything aloud. How do you all do it? We run out of day. :confused:

My daughter loves when I read aloud to her while she eats her breakfast. That's usually how we start our day :) Sometimes we read some more before bed, sometimes we don't. And sometimes we just find odd moments during the day. But almost always at breakfast!

Chinese Myths & Legends (Gourd Girl & Gourd Boy), The Big Snow, and Franklin Meets a New Friend.

Do audiobooks count? We were in the van forever tonight and listen to Winnie-the-Pooh. That is technically the last book read to my children tonight.

I want to read that. I never have, and I LOVED the movie. I actually just checked yesterday to see if my library had it so I could reserve it- and they don't have it! I'll order it from Interlibrary Loan at some point! But I guess I'll wait, we're still working our way through the Little House series for fun, we're reading Witch of Blackbird Pond for school together, my daughter is reading I Am Regina for school independently, and she's reading some A to Z Mysteries book for library book club so another one at this point would be overkill lol.

If you are going to buy The Neverending Story, be sure to buy this copy

It is printed in two colors. Purple for our world and green for Fantastica.

It makes the story come alive that much more.

The last book read aloud was The Ascent of Rumdoodle

Do you know how hard it is to read a book aloud when you keep breaking into fits of giggles?

I've never read that one, but indeed, I do know how hard that is! Try reading almost any of the "Pigeon" books by Mo Willems. Hysterical! (Look for them in the children's picture book section next time you're at your library)!

If you are going to buy The Neverending Story, be sure to buy this copy

It is printed in two colors. Purple for our world and green for Fantastica.

It makes the story come alive that much more.

Ooh that sounds cool. Okay I'm really tempted to go order it now but I just ordered several books from Amazon that I'm still waiting for and I'm afraid my husband is going to want to put me into a 12-step program if I order more!

Ooh that sounds cool. Okay I'm really tempted to go order it now but I just ordered several books from Amazon that I'm still waiting for and I'm afraid my husband is going to want to put me into a 12-step program if I order more!

You could always say that it is a Christmas present for the kids. :lol: