Menu

Weekly Reports: Sept.5th-11th

smrtmama

Grandpa finds a state map (or any map really), has the kids start in a certain city and then gives them clues such as...

Who was the inventor of the refrigerator? You'll find a city named after him within a 27 miles radius of your starting city.

Take the year the inventor was born and add together the individual digits. Then move that many inches to the SW until you find a city named after a Walt Disney mermaid.

Take HWY 81 south for 45 miles until you a local museum named after a famous blind person.

Now get out your ruler and measure 35 centimeters until you run into a national park where a famous civil war battle was fought.

There are usually about 2 pages of clues like that. They ended up in Vicksburg, FL this time. They have to email Papa the final location. If they get it right, they get the treasure (He usually includes a dollar each and I give it to them after they get the right location).

They LOVE it and it connects them with their long distance relatives.

Here is my first week of the year! We started on Tuesday, like some of you did. That threw everything off. We didn't get to go to the library this AM, like I had planned, but used today as a catch-up. The good news is we completed everything I had planned!

http://livingoutlove2.blogspot.com/2010/09/weekly-report-97-10.html

:)