Menu

Which Boardie do you live close to?

Guest Cindie2dds
I'm in Central TX, so lots, but I might not remember all the screen names exactly.... Julie in Austin. AngieW in TX. Ellie. Hill Co Classical Academy. Gooblink. TejasMamacita. vonfirmath. I think also TXMary2.

I know IRL: Adrianne in TX, amctm (I can't remember all the a's and c's and m's in that one - but it's Ann), sullymom and balle26 (I think that's it:confused:).

I'm sure I'll think of lots more. And I know there are so many from DFW, and Houston, etc. TX is a big place!

Central Texas is a big place, too. ;) I'm on the northern side.

I'm probably closest to someone who lives in Austin. I haven't heard of anyone living near Waco, yet.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see:

Tess in the Burbs (had a great playdate - kids really got on well; I really liked Tess)

Bike Book Bread (met for all of 1 minute. Kids are adorable, and I could tell that she would be wonderful to get to know better. Hoping that within 12 months, she and I would actually be neighbors as we are planning to move where she is)

Chris in Va - HEY, Chris! We still have a Starbucks or Wegman's date that I am waiting for you to cash in on! I have a feeling I drive by where Chris lives on Fridays on my way to co-op (my GPS brought me on a route that saved tons of time, and I think it is quite near Chris).

transientChris - also close by - we haven't met, but she and I have both offered (in times of GRRRRRRRR!) to come and help the other.

I know I met 6 or so homeschooling moms during the NVHEA conference in July at Dulles Expo Center -- and it's funny: I remember their irl names (which I don't want to share here) and their screen names are different. If fact, I want to arrange carpooling to a class are kids are sharing and I am going to be getting in touch with that mom.

We met danybug last year when we were all staying the outer banks barely a mile from each other. We had a great time - what a wonderful family! We wanted to visit them over the winter but with all our displacement and water issues, it didn't happen. I DO want us all to get together soon.

I must live near Cathie and Beth, but I don't think I know them.

I must live very, very close to KidsHappen, but I don't know her, either.

:DMandy

Montgomery County, 40 minutes to downtown Nashville.... 45 to my favorite bookstore, McKays!

I am also in middle TN and I know that there are at least 20 people other people in this general area as well.

There are several whose screen names make me wonder how close they are.... and a few I suspect I know irl but can't be sure... I want to go up and say "are you ?" but then I'm thinking they might want their privacy :)

I'm near NickandZacksMama (we've bumped into each other at Walmart and she has lent me some curriculum:)) and GSMP. We got together a couple years ago with some other NoVa boardies at Locust Shade Park in Prince William County and dd17 met GSMP's dd there - they are best of friends now.:)

I live somewhat close to all the others in NoVa, but don't drive that far north very often.

Chris, I've driven past Pohick Church a LOT, but now that dd17 no longer takes piano lessons in Springfield we haven't been near you in a very long while.

When we had a year-long pass at Mt. Vernon I was on BikeBookBread's territory a lot, but she didn't live there then.

Maybe all us NoVa boardies could meet at Mt. Vernon for Homeschool Day??

I haven't met anyone IRL yet, but I am in Central Texas - about 40 minutes south of Austin in the BBQ capital of Texas :)

I'm in Central TX, so lots, but I might not remember all the screen names exactly.... Julie in Austin. AngieW in TX. Ellie. Hill Co Classical Academy. Gooblink. TejasMamacita. vonfirmath. I think also TXMary2.

I know IRL: Adrianne in TX, amctm (I can't remember all the a's and c's and m's in that one - but it's Ann), sullymom and balle26 (I think that's it:confused:).

I'm sure I'll think of lots more. And I know there are so many from DFW, and Houston, etc. TX is a big place!

Have any of you in or around Austin attempted a meet up? I remember seeing that at least one member was part of the LWOL group, but I've not been active in that group for the past couple of years, so can't remember who it was.

If anyone wants to meet IRL, I'm game. :)

I don't know anyone who lives close to me and is on this board....I am in the Unschool capital of NY so I am not sure so many are into WTM. There are lots of Montessori/ waldorph mommas though...and maybe a few CM'ers...but that is mostly for the younger set. I don't know many who go the full distance...and this year I seem to be solo on that front.

I think Chris in NY may be within a days drive and there are probably some Mommas from the "city" who weekend up here....BUT ????

Anyone out there??? LOL!!!

Faithe

Have any of you in or around Austin attempted a meet up? I remember seeing that at least one member was part of the LWOL group, but I've not been active in that group for the past couple of years, so can't remember who it was.

If anyone wants to meet IRL, I'm game. :)

No, but I think we should, too. Park day with the kids? Family picnic/cook-out at a park? Or Moms' Night Out at someone's home with just us grown-up people? Or what?

I'm near you too, then. I live 5 minutes or less from AngieW (we still haven't met in person -- I moved here recently, but have known Angie for 6-7 years online). Sharon in Austin's dh was one of my ds's math coaches last year (her dd was one of his teammates).
:seeya: Waving "HI" from Cedar Park.

Central Texas is a big place, too. ;) I'm on the northern side.

I'm probably closest to someone who lives in Austin. I haven't heard of anyone living near Waco, yet.

I remember seeing someone mentioning they are in Killeen. I can't for the life of me remember her screen name. It is her school name and I'm going to kick myself when I remember it!:lol:

I don't know that I've seen many people near me. I'm situated between Fayetteville and Raleigh, NC. I do have a couple of IRL friends that joined the boards, but haven't been active posters. I'd love to find some people nearby. There is someone in the Raleigh or Cary area, because she told me about a WTM group that meets at a bookstore. But, I can't recall who that was...

Montgomery County, 40 minutes to downtown Nashville.... 45 to my favorite bookstore, McKays!

I'm in West TN. I think there may be a few other boardies close to me, but can't think of their screen names. Haven't met any.

I'm nowhere near a McKay's, and am very jealous! :tongue_smilie:

I'm near NickandZacksMama (we've bumped into each other at Walmart and she has lent me some curriculum:)) and GSMP. We got together a couple years ago with some other NoVa boardies at Locust Shade Park in Prince William County and dd17 met GSMP's dd there - they are best of friends now.:)

I live somewhat close to all the others in NoVa, but don't drive that far north very often.

Chris, I've driven past Pohick Church a LOT, but now that dd17 no longer takes piano lessons in Springfield we haven't been near you in a very long while.

When we had a year-long pass at Mt. Vernon I was on BikeBookBread's territory a lot, but she didn't live there then.

Maybe all us NoVa boardies could meet at Mt. Vernon for Homeschool Day??

I've been thinking about going to the Mt Vernon HS day. One of us should post closer to time and see who all is going.

:seeya: Waving "HI" from Cedar Park.

I remember seeing someone mentioning they are in Killeen. I can't for the life of me remember her screen name. It is her school name and I'm going to kick myself when I remember it!:lol:

Back at you from just outside Leander.

I'm assuming (because of her screen name) that I live fairly close to LauraGB

I think you are right :). Wendy in Wi lives here and so does another poster who just moved here that I've not met in person (but I don't know if she wants her location to be public so I'll let her decide). I know there are others...

I live near VB Caroline (about two miles away :D), daisychics, iquilt, and Colleen in SEVA.

I guess I do as well!

I drove by a house one day that reminded me of your pictures. I had a dream that night that I showed up on your doorstep all "Hey, I homeschool!":001_huh: We were both pretty creeped out by it. :D

I don't know anyone who lives close to me and is on this board....I am in the Unschool capital of NY so I am not sure so many are into WTM. There are lots of Montessori/ waldorph mommas though...and maybe a few CM'ers...but that is mostly for the younger set. I don't know many who go the full distance...and this year I seem to be solo on that front.

I think Chris in NY may be within a days drive and there are probably some Mommas from the "city" who weekend up here....BUT ????

Anyone out there??? LOL!!!

Faithe

Well, there's me!:) And Phathiu5 is pretty close to me. I know there are a few others in the CNY area, but I can't think of who they are right now!

I met one back in the spring, but for the life of me can't remember her screen name (or her real-life name either). :glare: I was scouring the for sale boards one last time before hitting the local curriculum sales and saw her for sale "posting one last time before hitting the local curriculum sales" and then saw her the next day!

ETA: I have met musicmousetn, she came to an open house of our Classical Conversations group. I had forgotten until just now!

I know there are others in West TN and would love to meet them.

Edited by VA6336

I met one back in the spring, but for the life of me can't remember her screen name (or her real-life name either). :glare: I was scouring the for sale boards one last time before hitting the local curriculum sales and saw her for sale "posting one last time before hitting the local curriculum sales" and then saw her the next day!

That was me. :D

That's no fair! You didn't tell me who you were, so I have no clue if I saw you or not, LOL.

I am just North of Portland, Oregon. I won't list who I am by, because some of them don't have a location in their profile and I don't want to 'out' them. I also don't want to leave anyone out.
I'm always outing myself... you're just north of me. :D

I live near Jennifer in MI, but we have yet to meet.

I don't know where you are, Angela, or where the ladies you mentioned are. But I live in a suburb about 45 minutes north of Detroit. If you're near, feel free to pm me!

I'm about an hour northwest of Detroit part-time. I'm also in Ontario and Nova Scotia part-time.

Edited by hana

I live near Alphabetika. We are real life friends and in the same homeschool group. She is very special and there is nothing like finding one of her hand written cards in your mailbox!:)

By the looks of others' locations, I probably live within a half hour of at least a dozen boardies.