Menu

My son was killed in a car accident this weekend...

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my dear friends lost her daughter in a freak accident. Months later, I told her that I could not imagine her pain. She replied, "It is as bad as you have ever imagined in times where you thought about the possibility of losing a child...what you cannot imagine is the grace that I feel every day." She was also a Christian. I am praying that you feel that palpable grace that she had.

Thank you for sharing...your family is precious.

Oh Kari,

May you find some peace and love in the coming days and years and you wrestle with this horrible loss. You have suffered every parents' worst fear, and I only hope that your faith and family can help ease your heartbreak.

Much love and comfort for you and your family.

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. It is unimaginable, and absolutely a huge wake up call to busy mom's like me to grab my kids and hug them. I can imagine that your son was such an inspiration to his friends, family & country to have served in the US Military. I know that he will be missed every day by each of you, and I will pray that you find strength and peace during this VERY trying time in your life. God Bless you.

I am so sad that I cannot even begin to understand. He was the best child that anyone could ever wish for. God gave him to us when my dh and I were 16 and 17. He was a light to our lives. The sunshine that filled our days. It was a awful car accident with no reason. He is still in Alaska - where he was stationed in the Army. We will be bringing home to Florida to have a military funeral. My heart hurts so bad. I love this kid more than anything in this world. Please love your kids. God's timing is not our own. Please hold them close and let them know they are the most important thing to you. School does not matter. Chores do not matter. Nothing matters more than the love you give them.

Timothy Neil Clayton II

March 5, 1989 - May 14, 2010

He was our Timmy and we love him with everything we are.

No words. I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug: