Menu

My son was killed in a car accident this weekend...

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kari C,

I am so so so sorry.

I remember when the last Harry Potter movie came out and Timmy was in the Army & couldn't go with you all for the first time. It broke my heart and made me appreciate all the more these precious days of childhood.

And I showed my boys Timmy's 4th of July pictures on your blog this year and we read how it is his favorite holiday.

He has been in my prayers for soldiers and I can't believe he is gone.

I am so sorry. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

With much love and prayers,

:grouphug:

Please accept my most sincere condolences on the loss of your son. I can not imagine going through anything worse than what you are right now.

Know that I will hold you and your family in my prayers, that you are held in God's love. Also, I will take your advice to hug my kids, tell them I love them today-- and forever!-- and be eternally grateful for this time I have with them.

Kari,

I'm so sorry that you and your family no longer have such a wonderful young man with you. I am praying for all of you.

Please be gentle with yourself in the weeks and months to come. It is perfectly okay if your kids never finish this years schoolwork. You can start again slowly in the fall as you are more able.

I have witnessed two sets of friends go through the death of a child, and all I can say is I am praying for you.

I also have two friends that I met years after their child died. Something in your post reminds me of something one lady said. "At some point I realized housework was important to me again, so I knew I was coming to the other side of grief." Grief like this never ends and it never gets easy, but one day you get to the point where schoolwork and chores will matter again (and even then it will be different than they mattered last week.) Praying.

I am so sad that I cannot even begin to understand. He was the best child that anyone could ever wish for. God gave him to us when my dh and I were 16 and 17. He was a light to our lives. The sunshine that filled our days. It was a awful car accident with no reason. He is still in Alaska - where he was stationed in the Army. We will be bringing home to Florida to have a military funeral. My heart hurts so bad. I love this kid more than anything in this world. Please love your kids. God's timing is not our own. Please hold them close and let them know they are the most important thing to you. School does not matter. Chores do not matter. Nothing matters more than the love you give them.

Timothy Neil Clayton II

March 5, 1989 - May 14, 2010

He was our Timmy and we love him with everything we are.

:grouphug:I am so very, very sorry. I am praying for you and your family.

Dear Kari, I do not know you but my heart is going out to you. My eyes are welling up with tears as I type this. I came on the board to vent and seek advice about my children fighting, only to see your post.

I am so sorry about your loss. It doesn't make any sense. I will pray for you and your family and for Timothy Neil Clayton II, your beloved son.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: