Menu

Poll - Your avatar picture

Is your avatar you or your photo?  

1. 1. Is your avatar you or your photo?

• Yes, it is me
    • Yes, it is a member of my family
    • Yes, it is a photo I took
    • Not me, family member or photo I took.
    • Other (of course!)

I usually like to see who I am talking to..but some of the avatars that match the board names are sooo perfect! I love judo mom's and parrothead's, those are great! I was highly amused when the spate of sock monkey's broke out, that was really funny. That was here, wasn't it? And, is "spate" a word??

oh, and I'm the one on the right...

Edited by Hen Jen
spelling

if the picture is the picture of a person, is it yourself or a family member or even a photo you took? I recently realized a particular poster's avatar was actually an actress (which I suppose, shows my ignorance of American culture :)).

Me, but nor do I think I am in danger of being mistaken for a movie star. :lol:

Mostly I am extremely visual, so I don't remember the names I remember the avatars. I would love it if everyone put up their picture so I could remember them and not their cute pictures, but no biggie if they don't.

(And it drives me NUTS when someone changes their picture because it takes me a month to figure out who they are :001_huh: )

Heather

OTHER: My profile pic is of me, but my avatar is an icon of my patron saint. So if people want to see who they are talking to they can go to my profile :) Though I like to change up my avatars here and then until I settle on one I really like- then I leave it. People who change they avatar all the time- well then it's harder to tell who's who when posting!

Well, my apologizes to those who don't care for cartoon pics, but mine will stay as is. :)

I chose Donald Duck because he is my favorite Disney character and we have some similar personality traits. :D

I don't care to have my picture as my avatar and I like to see the variety of avatars in addition to personal pictures because I find it more interesting. If anyone really wants to, they can see a picture of me in my profile, otherwise you can use your imagination. :)

Yep, that is me.

I don't usually wear a Viking helmet but the stunned look is... common.

I like all the avatars, cartoons, pictures and anything else. I think it gives a small window into the person because it shows what they want you to see about them.

Hooray for avatars!

Jenne in CA

No, my avatar is not me. I would rather look at Bruce than look at my own picture up there.

and several of us thank you :D

My avatar is Michele Pfeiffer as Catwoman from Batman Returns, but i *do* have a Catwoman costume and could probably have a professional pic of me taken that would be pretty darn close. Too cheap tho ;)

My profile pic is me, taken by one of the kids.

here's a link to me as Catwoman a couple years ago:

http://www.redoakrecord.com/index.asp?show=11/15/2007&Page=1

scroll down to the group pic ;)

Mostly I am extremely visual, so I don't remember the names I remember the avatars. I would love it if everyone put up their picture so I could remember them and not their cute pictures, but no biggie if they don't.

(And it drives me NUTS when someone changes their picture because it takes me a month to figure out who they are :001_huh: )

Heather

Me too!

And I f@rt in your general direction.

LOL! I would give you rep for that if I could!

I like the one of the person with a camera looking at her.
That's MitchellMom. I like that one too!