Menu

Poll - Your avatar picture

Is your avatar you or your photo?  

1. 1. Is your avatar you or your photo?

• Yes, it is me
    • Yes, it is a member of my family
    • Yes, it is a photo I took
    • Not me, family member or photo I took.
    • Other (of course!)

My kids in London - best vacation ever and probably the last time we will all be on vacation together because they are getting older and independent and have jobs and college. The best part of homeschool, for me, being all together.

Blessedfamily - which TV show? It is tiny so hard to tell, but I keep wondering if it is from Keeping Up Appearances?

Help out an old ex-pat here who hasn't seen an American movie in forever. Is that you or not? I totally thought it was you...

I'm pretty sure it is her. She's just pulling your leg.

Mine is my dd 2 who decided she wanted to ride big brother's scooter one day, but had to put on all sorts of protection first. I chose it b/c for whatever reason it is the only one I could fit. (I don't know if I will ever change it b/c I don't know what I did and it was very stressful.)

As for seeing me, trust me you don't want to, just ask Carrie or Christina. I'm currently suffering from O.T.M.B.S.

That's One Too Many Babies Syndrome. :D

Help out an old ex-pat here who hasn't seen an American movie in forever. Is that you or not? I totally thought it was you...

Sorry. Totally kidding. Me. *Before* baby #4. Now I'm suffering from OTMBS, too. Oh, who am I kidding? Make it 4. (If we're talking about what used to be my waist line. Otherwise, the # of babies here is fine. :lol:)

I don't care to have my picture as my avatar and I like to see the variety of avatars in addition to personal pictures because I find it more interesting.

I don't mind, either. I'm judging the people here by what they say, not how they look. The opportunity to do that is one of the reasons I'm here instead of at a local cafe.

Mine is of my son when he was just a wee one! I took a series of pictures of him after he had just finished eating some blueberries.

Shannon that blueberry face is one of my favs!

Mine is not me, we just found them on new years day out drinking hot chocolate in our back yard....

I'm curious. Do you have safety or privacy concerns? I for one, would love to see the "real" you someday. Does anyone like seeing pics of themselves? I sure don't. Living here in a frozen state, I am so WHITE this time of year, and the flash doesn't help! Oh well, it is me, and who I am this week (actually I took it last week): chin hairs, wrinkles and all. : ) Yes, I said chin hairs! :tongue_smilie::lol:

I'm curious. Do you have safety or privacy concerns? I for one, would love to see the "real" you someday. Does anyone like seeing pics of themselves? I sure don't. Living here in a frozen state, I am so WHITE this time of year, and the flash doesn't help! Oh well, it is me, and who I am this week (actually I took it last week): chin hairs, wrinkles and all. : ) Yes, I said chin hairs! :tongue_smilie::lol:

Pointing a camera at me is verboten. I have spent decades educating most of the extended family that it is not, in any way, ok to take my picture. I just hate it. ;)

(Of course, I just told my husband he might have to get the camera for the s/o thread and he looked at me like he was unsure if I was serious or it was a trap. heh heh. DECADES of training!)

Getting a good pic of me scanned onto the PC was too much trouble.:tongue_smilie:

You must be kidding! We cannot see any of that stuff. Your avatar is a modeling shot.

I'd rather have an avatar that shows how I feel, than one that shows what I look like in real life, since it's very unlikely I'll meet many of you gals in real life.

Also, I do want to set a good example for my kids. When I tell them not to post any personal info on the net, that includes pictures. But what if my own pic is out there?

Asterix shows my preferred language: we're both French speakers. We're both surrounded by 'ennemies' (english speakers for me, Romans for him) and we're holding down the fort, defending the village with pride! And yes, I am known to throw major tantrums. It's the French blood in me.

My avatar is a picture of our now 4 yr old who was 6 months old at the time. She is centered among the mess created while opening Christmas presents. You can't see it in the teeny tiny picture but she has a Cheshire cat grin on her face. :D

I like this picture because I feel it represents our family and home perfectly. We're always in a constant state of controlled chaos!:)

I am not a very photogenic person. Which is a polite way of saying that my mug is UGLY. :D Trust me..you guys are getting the better end of the deal with dd and the messy house pic to look at instead.