Menu

It was a spectacular day! (Wedding photo for limited time only)

Amethyst

Before the ceremony, the photographer wanted a photo of me pinning the boutonnière on my son. She positioned us in front of a sculpture that included a stack of books. I said to my son “you, in front of a stack of books! How appropriate!” He must have planned it. Boy, could that boy read! I can’t wait to see that pic. 

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, DawnM said:

Lovely!

Tell me how you did it.   Do they advertise that they offer the gallery as a wedding venue?   Did you just call and ask?   

My son called them. They do not typically host weddings. (This may have been their first, not sure.) But they obviously do other events because they had an “events coordinator” at the museum who was their contact person. I’m not sure how much it cost because I didn’t have anything to do with it. The museum is typically opened until 4:00 on Saturdays, so we had the wedding after hours (4:30). As far as I could tell, they had two security guards and the event coordinator there. 

We’re glad they did not have it outdoors. It was 89 degrees and humid.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

My son called them. They do not typically host weddings. (This may have been their first, not sure.) But they obviously do other events because they had an “events coordinator” at the museum who was their contact person. I’m not sure how much it cost because I didn’t have anything to do with it. The museum is typically opened until 4:00 on Saturdays, so we had the wedding after hours (4:30). As far as I could tell, they had two security guards and the event coordinator there. 

We’re glad they did not have it outdoors. It was 89 degrees and humid.

I checked ours and they must be a very popular spot for weddings because they have a whole page on their website for wedding packages.  No prices but I am sure they are way too much for our budget.  The wedding we'll be hosting will be very small and theirs is a big venue with no options for something small.  

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kassia said:

I checked ours and they must be a very popular spot for weddings because they have a whole page on their website for wedding packages.  No prices but I am sure they are way too much for our budget.  The wedding we'll be hosting will be very small and theirs is a big venue with no options for something small.  

Maybe a small gallery or historical society with a beautiful building and gardens would host it for less? Just spitballing possibilities.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

Maybe a small gallery or historical society with a beautiful building and gardens would host it for less? Just spitballing possibilities.

Yes this was a small museum. I know the larger ones with webpages for weddings but this is very small. So if you can find something smaller? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

Yes this was a small museum. I know the larger ones with webpages for weddings but this is very small. So if you can find something smaller? 

Yours looks perfect!  ❤️  So happy for you and your family that you found such a great place.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Green Bean said:

Ack! I missed the pics! What a great idea to have it in an art museum! My DS24 is getting married at the end of December and we are brainstorming ideas as he doesn't want to be married outside and she doesn't want to be married in a church.

Me too! I would have loved a glimpse of the lovely day, venue and couple. 

• Like 1