Menu

Who's seen the Barbie movie?

MercyA

3 minutes ago, Sneezyone said:

Indeed. I wouldn’t expect professional women and working moms to be averse to attacks on the patriarchy but who knows.

Not averse, no, but as a professional/working woman most damage to my career has come from other women, not “the patriarchy”. 

2 minutes ago, KSera said:

This is really neither here nor there as far as the movie goes, but with my own kids I haven’t ended up seeing any correlation between who enjoyed dolls as kids and who wants to be a parent. If anything, we have a negative correlation here with the ones who were most baby doll obsessed being the same ones who are now adamant they never want to be parents. I don’t think those things are related though, just coincidental.

Agreed. For me, playing with baby dolls reads false as a measure of womanhood or motherhood but I can see using that stereotype symbolically in a film.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, madteaparty said:

Not averse, no, but as a professional/working woman most damage to my career has come from other women, not “the patriarchy”. 

Have you ever interrogated why that might be? From my own experience, my most difficult bosses have been black women. They often view me as competition as opposed to colleagues.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, madteaparty said:

As a professional/working woman most damage to my career has come from other women, not “the patriarchy”. 

That is not necessarily a contradiction. Patriarchy does not equal the individual men you interact with. Patriarchy is a system and a power structure. A value structure that our society has soaked up for centuries. Patriarchy not only affects the way men interact with women, but also the way women interact with women.
Patriarchy informs the way we feel about our role of women in society, the way we act, the opportunities we have, the tools we use to get them.
Patriarchy is responsible for our concepts of sin, of morality, our ideas about sexuality. The dominant religion is deeply patriarchic.
Patriarchy as the foundation of the last millennia is so pervasive that no woman can claim to be and act unaffected by it. We are all a product of this culture. 

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 22

5 minutes ago, regentrude said:

That is not necessarily a contradiction. Patriarchy does not equal the individual men you interact with. Patriarchy is a system and a power structure. A value structure that our society has soaked up for centuries. Patriarchy not only affects the way men interact with women, but also the way women interact with women.
Patriarchy informs the way we feel about our role of women in society, the way we act, the opportunities we have, the tools we use to get them.
Patriarchy is responsible for our concepts of sin, of morality, our ideas about sexuality. The dominant religion is deeply patriarchic.
Patriarchy as the foundation of the last millennia is so pervasive that no woman can claim to be and act unaffected by it. We are all a product of this culture. 

QFT.

One of my favorite lines was  "Everyone hates women. Men hate women. Women hate women. It's the one thing we can all agree on."

Edited by lauraw4321
Found quote.
  • Like 10

I haven't seen the Barbie movie yet, but I'm excited to catch it at home later. Ever since I got a Firestick https://www.firestickhow.com/beetv-apk-firestick.html, watching movies at home has become my go-to. The convenience and comfort make the experience so enjoyable. But I heard a lot of good reviews of this movie so can't wait to watch it.

Edited by Froste
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Lecka said:But why are they doing Happy Meal toys for a movie that’s not appropriate for children?????  I mean, I understand why, but it is hard to be the parent saying no, sometimes, and I would be happy to go see the movie if it was appropriate for a younger age group.  

Happy meal toys here went from elmentals to the marvels.

Edited by rebcoola
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, busymama7 said:

I read a review that said some girls were beating up baby dolls and yelling/cheering that they don't have to be mothers anymore.  Those of you who have seen it, is this true?

It was the opening scene and was a comedic spoof of the beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey. In the beginning of 2001, some sort of huge monolith appears on the earth and a bunch of apes get all excited and smash things up.

Here’s the Barbie trailer with a lot of the scene, with side-by-side shots of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Barbie spoofs 2001 perfectly and was pretty funny to watch, if you have seen 2001. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

• 3 weeks later...

Had to find this thread again... I hadn't planned on seeing the film, partly because I was worried that I, as an immigrant, would miss too much of the cultural context to get it. But I went today with some friends and enjoyed it much more that I had expected. Biting satire, and the dialog and monolog are brilliant. 

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

My dh and I went on $5 Tuesday. I wanted to see it more as a cultural thing, just wanting to see what people are watching. I was surprised by how much we enjoyed it, and how much we laughed--along with everybody else in the theatre. I'm not crazy about the opening scene, but because of reading about it here, I understood where it came from. Also, dh and I aren't crazy about the tendency to show the "dumb clueless men" type thing, but didn't react too much to that, because you see that both worlds are exaggerated. We thought it was a good movie. I think it is definitely more than meets the eye as far as meaning.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

FWIW, I'm 62yo and loved playing with Barbies as a kid and can remember playing with Barbies in 7th grade. At that time, I had only one friend who would play Barbies with me. All my other friends had outgrown it.

I saw it tonight, kind of reluctantly, and thought it was hysterical. I liked it much more than I expected. I wish I could have quickly written down some of the one line truths I heard.

On 7/24/2023 at 11:58 AM, Tiberia said:

The scene where the girls bang the baby dolls into the ground is a spoof/tribute to the opening of 2001 A Space Odyssey. Unless you've seen that movie and get the reference, it might seem like an attack on motherhood and baby dolls. I didn't care for that scene that much, but I got the reference. It portrays an evolution of thought.

Later on in the movie, there's also a spoof of the Matrix red pill/ blue pill scene. I thought that one was very clever and funny.

I didn't recognize these, not sure I've seen those movies, but when the men were riding "horses" back to Barbieland, wasn't that just like Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

On 7/22/2023 at 2:46 PM, BusyMom5 said:

The Patriarchy is the villain in the show, but in Barbie Land they had created the opposite- a place where Barbie was everything and Ken was the accessory.  It was just as bad as living in a patriarchy, and I think that was the point.

On 7/23/2023 at 9:13 AM, Garga said:

It was very much in your face about the Patriarchy.

I think one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much was because in Barbieland, the tables were turned. And that just doesn't happen ever, at least it feels that way to me. It's such an uphill battle.

10 hours ago, Jaybee said:

the tendency to show the "dumb clueless men" type thing

I think this is the only movie I've ever seen with dumb clueless men. But, so so so many movies have dumb clueless women.  I don't see many movies, though. ETA: Remembered 9 to 5. Loved it.

Edited by Sunshine State Sue
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

DH and I saw it and we both loved it. The acting was fantastic, the soundtrack is banger and the messaging on point. Well done, all around. It perfectly illustrated how patriarchy affects us all, that the expectations are placed on men and women and we should be fighting it together. I don't know how they could have made that any clearer.

Kate McKinnon was my absolute fave. As a kid all my Barbies quickly turned into Weird Barbies (I gave them all pixie cuts or punk styles, black nail polish, fun makeup) so there was a lot to relate to there. Michael Cera played his Allan role in the true innocent, sad, misunderstood way only he can. I enjoyed all the cameo appearances, too; I wasn't expecting that.

Edited by MEmama
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, regentrude said:

Had to find this thread again... I hadn't planned on seeing the film, partly because I was worried that I, as an immigrant, would miss too much of the cultural context to get it. But I went today with some friends and enjoyed it much more that I had expected. Biting satire, and the dialog and monolog are brilliant. 

I enjoyed it too - Britain mostly had Sindy dolls when I was small, but the film gave enough context for me to understand the references. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sunshine State Sue said:

I think this is the only movie I've ever seen with dumb clueless men. But, so so so many movies have dumb clueless women.  I don't see many movies, though. ETA: Remembered 9 to 5. Loved it.

It is ALL over TV. Raymond, Home Improvement, Jim, etc. 

I went and saw it with my daughter and I did enjoy it.  The depressed Barbie scene had me laughing out loud for several minutes.

The only thing I didn't care for was how clueless Ken and all the guys were.  And to be honest, as I thought about my boys, I felt like you could also give that big speech the main woman gave to Barbie ( Be  this but not too this...), to my boys in a way.  I feel like modern society is just so hard to navigate for everyone.    I feel like I need to tell them, " Be sweet and kind to women, but not too much so you are not condescending, appreciate their power, but not too much...   I don't know.  I sure hope I prepared my young men for their roles in society, but I fear I did not.  

But movie was so well done in so many ways.  And the patriarchal stuff wasn't too over the top.  Once I rolled my eyes, but overall well done. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I saw this with dd2 and we both loved it. 

I had heard it was not for kids so when my husband hesitated about letting the 10 yr. old go I made her stay home. But honest to goodness after watching it there seems to be some right-wing propaganda to keep people from seeing this. There was no violence or nudity to speak of, nothing s3xy in it, a few bleeped-out curse words. We've got parents taking their kids to a film about child trafficking (which has a whole host of issues) but they can't see a film that talks about patriarchy??? 

I think it ought to be mandatory viewing at least from teens on up. It explains things in such a way that I think most people don't understand.

Very few films are original ideas and to have one that is so well done and really educational- wonderful. (This makes me think of the movie Everything, Everywhere All at Once, although the messaging was more subtle and it is certainly not kid friendly. Barbie spoke to me as a woman and Everything...  spoke to me as a mother.)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Soror said:

I had heard it was not for kids so when my husband hesitated about letting the 10 yr. old go I made her stay home. But honest to goodness after watching it there seems to be some right-wing propaganda to keep people from seeing this.

As soon as I started reading the faux outrage I knew it was going to be a good movie, lol.

Ofc, it makes sense. Wouldn't want kids to grow up empowered, after all (see, erasure of history, words, concepts, identities happening in certain states in real time).

• Like 8

re back to that heat map

1 hour ago, Soror said:

... honest to goodness after watching it there seems to be some right-wing propaganda to keep people from seeing this. There was no violence or nudity to speak of, nothing s3xy in it, a few bleeped-out curse words. We've got parents taking their kids to a film about child trafficking (which has a whole host of issues) but they can't see a film that talks about patriarchy???  ...

literally LOL.  Why yes, that is precisely where we are, ~110 years after Birth of a Nation in the throes of our current CRTEEEeeeeeee brouhaha.  History.Rhymes.

Anyway. I liked it -- it actually did NOT seriously move me as much as either Ladybird (one of only a very small handful of movies I've seen 4+ times) or Little Women (both stunning visually, and I puffy-heart loved the midrashic bits). But smart and funny and redemptive, and like all Greta Gerwig's work ultimately a mother-daughter story: I'm a sucker on all counts.

My FAVORITE part of the whole Summer of Barbie though is all the absolutely hilarious meta surroundsound -- long-identifying middle aged feminists like me going out and buying something pink for the showing since I haven't owned anything pink in literally decades; that absolutely awesome heat map; grown women buying Barbies as gifts to one another at the showing (!! I actually witnessed this at the theater I went to).  Gerwig went to Barnard, and a good friend of my youngest attends there now and is doing a summer internship, and she reported that Barnard is currently emblazoned with Barbie paraphanalia which is a decided departure from its ordinary aesthetic; that blinking discombobulation about the depiction of men as incidental and ornamental. 

All the meta all the time, more content like this, please.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

My kids and their friends chose the Barbie movie for our Friday night outing.

Mixed reactions.  I was never a Barbie person so all that pink etc. did nothing for me.  😛 

I could see their point, but I think a lot of it would be lost on younger audiences.

The few times they said something interesting, they said it so fast that there was no chance for it to sink in if it wasn't already in your brain.

There were a few moments I found funny and relatable.  But mostly it was over-done 90 IQ stuff and under-done 110 IQ stuff.

My favorite part of the evening was the kids taking photos of each other in the giant Barbie box in the lobby.  😛

• Thanks 1

Finally saw it this weekend and I really enjoyed it! Pre-release media was focused on Margot and Ryan, but America Ferrara totally stole the show! I loved her character so much. The words she spoke are so important. 

To be fair, I think it didn’t slam male issues as much as bring light to them. Young males in my predominant culture really are taught a lot of the behaviors the Kens exhibited when they took over Barbieland. That scene with guitars on the beach made both my dd and I scream with laughter. Our young men need to be liberated from these expectations and teachings as much as women do (yes I know women *suffer* more as a result, but I hope y’all understand what I’m trying to say here). We need to respect and uplift each other regardless of gender.

Aaaaannnd…. Depression Barbie hit a little too close to home. 😳 I actually felt so sorry for original Barbie - her successive peers were created with vocation and purpose - little wonder that she was the one to start questioning her existence. That burden to “be something extraordinary” lies so heavy on all of us today… Americans, anyway. It’s a really cruel expectation that can rob us of life’s simple joys. This film is painted with a broad “feminist” brush but it speaks beyond that.

I did really enjoy it! The first scene was troubling but the accompanying narrative explainer made it fine. If I’d brought a little kid with me I’d have had to have a chat about that with them. Helen Mirren was terrific as the narrator. 

It was more lighthearted than I expected given it’s Gerwig, but still loaded. I look forward to her next project, Narnia.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Not sure how I missed this thread. I went to see it last week and really enjoyed it. There were some dumb parts and some over the top parts, but overall I loved it (so did the friend I saw it with). I'm probably too old to have been the target audience but I did play with Barbie so there were a lot of references I got. Alan was hilarious and spot on ("All Ken's clothes fit him!"). 

Ds 25 and his girlfriend saw it and they both liked it. Ds didn't get a lot of the toy references since he never had a Barbie and doesn't have sisters but he still liked it. They did the Barbenheimer thing and loved both movies. Dh and I saw Oppenheimer last night and thought it was worth every minute of its 3 hour run time.

On 7/24/2023 at 11:58 AM, Tiberia said:

The scene where the girls bang the baby dolls into the ground is a spoof/tribute to the opening of 2001 A Space Odyssey. Unless you've seen that movie and get the reference, it might seem like an attack on motherhood and baby dolls. I didn't care for that scene that much, but I got the reference. It portrays an evolution of thought.

They even played the theme music in case the reference wasn't obvious. 

Later on in the movie, there's also a spoof of the Matrix red pill/ blue pill scene. I thought that one was very clever and funny. 

There were a lot of spoof scenes and I think that's what made it fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/24/2023 at 1:32 PM, lauraw4321 said:

QFT.

One of my favorite lines was  "Everyone hates women. Men hate women. Women hate women. It's the one thing we can all agree on."

That about sums it up, LOL!

I have spent as much energy as an introvert can spend fighting both of these.  Nobody gets it, least of all younger women.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

And that last line. It was so unexpected, at least by us, that we definitely laughed out loud at that one!

I loved that they made several references to the lack of certain body parts. That last line was funny.

Also, Weird Barbie/Kate McKinnon was great.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grace Hopper said:

That burden to “be something extraordinary” lies so heavy on all of us today… Americans, anyway. It’s a really cruel expectation that can rob us of life’s simple joys. This film is painted with a broad “feminist” brush but it speaks beyond that.

I do agree with this.

As a woman and a mom, I'm still not sure where the right balance is between "you can do it if you want it badly enough" vs. "yeah it's gonna be practically impossible though."  Not so much about male/female nowadays, but about just accepting that we have human limitations.

• Like 5

Yeah Kate McKinnon and America Ferrara  made the movie. Without them it's just a rollerblade romp between Barbieland, Patriarchyland and lala land.  Their two characters were what grounded everything serious in the narrative... but also served as the fount most of the funniest bits.

• Like 9

re all Greta's works have a mother-daughter story at the center

1 minute ago, SKL said:

I thought the part about the kid pushing her mom away would go over my kids' heads.  But after the movie, one of my kids said that made her cry!

Yeah, and I could.not.believe that I didn't see coming that bit about whose drawings were distorting Stereotypical Barbie's world.  That brought ME over the edge into tears.

• Like 5

@SKL, I wasn't into Barbies too much, either. I played with them some. But my baby dolls were my real babies, and I played with them longer than most of my friends, so that scene hurt my heart. If I hadn't seen here about the spoof first, I would have been more offended, I think, and later lines about motherhood helped too. But that scene upset my inner child as well as my mom-heart a bit. 

That said, I did try to take it more from the exaggerated stance that both Barbieland and the Real World were offering--that neither of them as presented are the ideal, and we need to work on more balance for a healthier approach to life.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

I enjoyed it too - Britain mostly had Sindy dolls when I was small, but the film gave enough context for me to understand the references. 

One of my girlfriends in elementary school moved here from Scotland and I loved her Sindy doll. She even had a horse and carriage. ❤️

image.png.1b9f01239f956d017656ce423923e60d.png

• Like 1

I went and saw Barbie with older dd (29 years old) last week.  She had already seen it but was willing to see it again with me.  I loved it and she brought me to see it because she loved it.   I did find a lot of it hilarious.  There was a lot of laughter in the audience when we went.   I'm in a blue section of that heat map but we went on a Wednesday evening three (four?) weeks after release and it was crowded, so I think things may have shifted around here.  This dd played a ton with Barbies, as well as American Girl dolls but not so much with baby dolls IIRC.  

Yesterday I took my younger two kids to see it.   Dd (just turned 16) and ds (turning 18 in a week) haven't been to see a movie in years.  They don't watch shows on tv or go see movies.  But dd had heard about it from friends (it made her girlfriend cry at parts) and ds wanted to get out of the house.   Neither ever played with Barbie dolls.   Both found the movie funny, thought-provoking, and just really really good.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jaybee said:

@SKL, I wasn't into Barbies too much, either. I played with them some. But my baby dolls were my real babies, and I played with them longer than most of my friends, so that scene hurt my heart. If I hadn't seen here about the spoof first, I would have been more offended, I think, and later lines about motherhood helped too. But that scene upset my inner child as well as my mom-heart a bit. 

That said, I did try to take it more from the exaggerated stance that both Barbieland and the Real World were offering--that neither of them as presented are the ideal, and we need to work on more balance for a healthier approach to life.

I took that scene to be the mythology of Barbieland, not as an example of what we should do.  A huge premise of the movie is that the Barbies were wrong about a lot of things.  

• Like 5

@MercyA

Just wanted to comment on your initial post now that I have seen it. 

I totally agree that the film didn't match the marketing. If I had taken my daughter when she was 10 or under, I probably would have left going..that was a waste. So much of it would have gone over her head.  She would have been bored. I don't think we would have discussed it either.  Absolutely nothing inappropriate, I just would have been disappointed it wasn't a fun kid movie.

That said, it is a good movie for teens and above. It has done well because of word of mouth, but I just wish they didn't advertise it for little kids. That isn't who the movie is for and yeah, the trailers made me go, "Yuck. What a stupid movie." 

Glad it is doing well regardless. 

• Thanks 1

Decided  to go after teaching in a classroom with a broken air conditioner. It was the movies or Costco refrigerator section.  

I was a huge Barbie fan as a girl; liked playing with the dolls more than I liked the movie. I resonated with the idea that when  playing with Barbies as a kid it could be empowering - she could do  anything - but she looked unrealistic doing it. The Ken stuff was weird. 

But is was chilly  inside the theater and  that  was the main point for me😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BandH said:

I took that scene to be the mythology of Barbieland, not as an example of what we should do.  A huge premise of the movie is that the Barbies were wrong about a lot of things.  

Yes, I saw that as it went on, so that is why I am not all offended by it--it was part of the exaggeration of Barbieland's perfection. I still didn't want the "babies" smashed.

Saw it with my sister this weekend and thought it was great. I'll see it again with my husband. 

8 hours ago, SKL said:

There were a few moments I found funny and relatable.  But mostly it was over-done 90 IQ stuff and under-done 110 IQ stuff.

Maybe you just didn't catch the 120 IQ stuff 😉

8 hours ago, SKL said:

Oh and I hated the baby doll breaking scene.  I always preferred baby dolls.  What does that make me?  You can't like babies and be a complete woman?  Really dumb.

It was pointed out up-thread that this is a reference to a famous movie. I don't know that I would have been able to name the movie on the spot, but I thought it was very clear that it was a reference to something else and not a straightforward scene: the children lethargically playing in a vast wasteland, the dramatic music, the doll that flew through the sky and into space . . . 

8 hours ago, Grace Hopper said:

Our young men need to be liberated from these expectations and teachings as much as women do (yes I know women *suffer* more as a result, but I hope y’all understand what I’m trying to say here). We need to respect and uplift each other regardless of gender.

I think the movie did a great job of saying that we need to respect and uplift each other regardless of gender, and definite changes were occurring at the end of the movie. 

But I also agree that a parallel movie about the warring expectations put on men would be great, and I hope the menfolk make that happen. I don't think they have such a clear motif to work with as Barbie did, though. 

Also, absolutely +1 on the screaming at the guitars on the beach scene 😂

7 hours ago, SKL said:

I thought the part about the kid pushing her mom away would go over my kids' heads.  But after the movie, one of my kids said that made her cry!

One of my kids was only around 7 when College Road Trip came out, and she sobbed and sobbed at the memory montage toward the end, when dad realizes that his daughter loves him but he also has to let her go. 

Our kids start moving away from us as soon as they are born, and I think they recognize this at some level as soon as they're past babyhood. 

1 hour ago, TexasProud said:

I totally agree that the film didn't match the marketing. If I had taken my daughter when she was 10 or under, I probably would have left going..that was a waste. So much of it would have gone over her head.  She would have been bored. I don't think we would have discussed it either.  Absolutely nothing inappropriate, I just would have been disappointed it wasn't a fun kid movie.

It's rated PG-13, though. Either parents investigate why a movie that appeals to their young kid is rated PG-13, or they get what they get. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, katilac said:

Saw it with my sister this weekend and thought it was great. I'll see it again with my husband. 

Maybe you just didn't catch the 120 IQ stuff 😉

It was pointed out up-thread that this is a reference to a famous movie. I don't know that I would have been able to name the movie on the spot, but I thought it was very clear that it was a reference to something else and not a straightforward scene: the children lethargically playing in a vast wasteland, the dramatic music, the doll that flew through the sky and into space . . . 

I think the movie did a great job of saying that we need to respect and uplift each other regardless of gender, and definite changes were occurring at the end of the movie. 

But I also agree that a parallel movie about the warring expectations put on men would be great, and I hope the menfolk make that happen. I don't think they have such a clear motif to work with as Barbie did, though. 

Also, absolutely +1 on the screaming at the guitars on the beach scene 😂

One of my kids was only around 7 when College Road Trip came out, and she sobbed and sobbed at the memory montage toward the end, when dad realizes that his daughter loves him but he also has to let her go. 

Our kids start moving away from us as soon as they are born, and I think they recognize this at some level as soon as they're past babyhood. 

It's rated PG-13, though. Either parents investigate why a movie that appeals to their young kid is rated PG-13, or they get what they get. 

The intro was a total take off of The Dawn of Man scene at the beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey, which signals the dawn of a new era. I have trouble posting YouTube links but it’s easy to google up, and easy to see the comparison.  

Agree with your last paragraph 100%. Due diligence, people. 

Edited by Grace Hopper
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Grace Hopper said:

The intro was a total take off of The Dawn of Man scene at the beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey, which signals the dawn of a new era. I have trouble posting YouTube links but it’s easy to google up, and easy to see the comparison.  

Guess people like me who aren't movie buffs - or those not old enough to have watched the movie quoted here - miss out.

I think that includes a lot of the target audience.  How many of today's young women have seen that movie?  Apparently it's a 1968 movie?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SKL said:

Guess people like me who aren't movie buffs - or those not old enough to have watched the movie quoted here - miss out.

I think that includes a lot of the target audience.  How many of today's young women have seen that movie?  Apparently it's a 1968 movie?

I've only seen that movie once, and I would've missed the reference. That goodness for the interwebs. Someone linked a side-by-side comparison of the two scenes upthread.  It is cool once you see what she did. 

I haven't seen the movie yet, but would like to. Before it came out I thought it was going to be the stupidest thing ever and wa rolling my eyes - the previews were definitely misleading. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SKL said:

Well, we've got too many of the younger generations who can not tell us who won the Civil War, so I am not surprised many didn't get the reference. But it is an iconic film that is more than just a 1968 movie. It's a cultural marker, as explained

https://theconversation.com/2001-a-space-odyssey-still-leaves-an-indelible-mark-on-our-culture-55-years-on-209152#:~:text=2001%3A A Space Odyssey is,filmmakers but society in general.

Edited by Idalou
  • Like 8