Menu

Mini-update

Not_a_Number

Oh, and a mild brag: DD9 worked really hard to do well on the AMC 8. She choked a bit on the actual contest and got a 14, which is one point away from Achievement Roll (what kids in Grade 6 and below need to get a certificate of achievement.) She was a little bummed and so were we, since she was doing quite a bit better on practices -- usually 16 and up. But it was a good experience for her, I think, and she showed a lot of independence in preparing. 

• Like 24

3 minutes ago, freesia said:

Thanks for the update! Welcome back. 

Just now, HomeAgain said:

I'm glad to see you again. 🙂

14 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Thanks for the update -- I'm glad you're back!!!

Thanks to all of you! It's good to be back 😄 . 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Thanks! How are you? 

One foot in front of the other.

44 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Oh, and a mild brag: DD9 worked really hard to do well on the AMC 8. She choked a bit on the actual contest and got a 14, which is one point away from Achievement Roll (what kids in Grade 6 and below need to get a certificate of achievement.) She was a little bummed and so were we, since she was doing quite a bit better on practices -- usually 16 and up. But it was a good experience for her, I think, and she showed a lot of independence in preparing. 

Congratulations! 

• Like 1

Very glad to hear from you, and I deeply respect your decision to not post much during a rough time. (Though for those who do post their difficulties, that can also be something I deeply respect)

Edited by Xahm
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Xahm said:

Very glad to hear from you, and I deeply respect your decision to not post much during a rough time. (Though for those who do post their difficulties, that can also be something I deeply respect)

Thank you! I simply didn't have the emotional juice, so I really needed the break. 

6 hours ago, Lecka said:

I’m glad things are going better with your daughter 🙂

Thank you! I wish she were more contented, though 😕 . She wants things she isn't able to do sometimes... she works better independently and yet she strongly wants something else. But we're making progress. 

6 hours ago, Lecka said:

And I hope things will go well with your husband, too.  It sounds like there is a lot of promise there.  

Fingers crossed. It's pretty up and down still, but it's definitely so much better than it was half a year ago. I'll have to post more details sometime when the dust settles some more. 

• Like 9