Menu

Hello-New member!

Peaceseeker

I posted in the test post but I am sure no one is hanging out on that board! I just wanted to say hello to all of you and to tell you that I have finally gotten the courage to log in and become a member! I do absolutely zero social media (I barely text-no Facebook or anything) so this is definitely outside my comfort zone. Still trying to figure out simple things like creating a signature....

Yet I am a longtime lurker on these boards and it is really strange to learn other people's stories, to have them make you laugh so hard you cry, or to truly cry for them sometimes when the posts get more serious, yet these people don't even know you exist. Just another anonymous visitor to these forums somehow doesn't feel like enough anymore.

I have been homeschooling for a while (7 years) so not a newbie to that, although I have my days like anyone else where I could use the encouragement (more posts to follow on that, lol). I have learned so much from these boards, so much curriculum research has been done, and yet more and more these days I find myself just reading the chat board for fun. It has become my daily ritual, a little me time in all the crazy business of my life.

There are so many more people out there like me, who all of you never knew how much you were helping all these years. So thank you all for putting yourselves and your homeschool journey out here in cyberspace for people like me. Even just the rants about a homeschool day/week/month gone horribly wrong make me feel encouraged. Just knowing I am not the only one banging my head against a wall that day helps. And the humor here...very therapeutic!

Just wanted to say hello and that I look forward to getting to know you all better.

• Like 27