Menu

People who aren't here (on the boards) anymore.

ScoutTN

I understand that there may be any number of good reasons for people to stop posting here.

Just wanted to say that I miss some people.

I noticed Daisy's birthday is today and I used to really enjoy her posts.

Same for Lady Dusk, Mrs. Mungo and several others.

I have learned from these ladies and miss their input.

Anyone else miss some voices in this community?

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 10

I miss a lot of ppl, too, and I've only been here about 6 years or so.

I didn't realize Tibbie left. :(

I don't think she left, but I don't see her posts much anymore. Likely she is just busy with irl things. Probably the same for others.

Perhaps I just don't read the threads where she participates.

I was just looking back through some notes and noticed how many useful and inspiring things I have read here over the years and noticing too that some of the women from whom I have learned these things don't seem to be here much anymore.

• Like 3

I miss Tibbie too

Still using some of Daisy's recipes

Negin in Guatemala -- she had long, well researched posts

Heather in NC/ Neverland -- what happened. I travelled vicariously through her, lol

Jean in Wis -- could count on her for astronomy info

I know must be missing people I really like, will check back later

• Like 8

I miss hearing from Teannika (she still posts occasionally), ananemone, and Rose M.

ETA: I posted this last year and just now corrected my spelling! And ananemone is now back, whoot! Rose M. has been posting from time to time, too. Teannika, you are still missed! 

Edited by MercyA

I miss Tibbie too

Still using some of Daisy's recipes

Negin in Guatemala -- she had long, well researched posts

Heather in NC/ Neverland -- what happened. I travelled vicariously through her, lol

Jean in Wis -- could count on her for astronomy info

I know must be missing people I really like, will check back later

Negin is still posting. I have not seen anything from Heather and Jean in a long time.

• Like 2

Regina - I can't think of her avatar. Something to do with Kentucky. She really helped me make the leap from Sonlight to doing our own thing with TWTM. We acquired so many amazing resources thanks to her prompting.

ETA: and the incomparable NicoleM, who was the first boardie I met in real life. Kalanamak was soon after that.

Edited by swimmermom3
  • Like 3

Peela, Remudamom (I think that was how it was written), Mrs. Mungo. The oman in Malaysia--I forgot her name. Last I heard, her husband was in a motorcycle accident, and that's all I know. And the woman who used to make desserts for a local diner. I forgot her name, too, but I liked her posts.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 4

I was just thinking this recently...all the posters I never see any more. Or else they are incognito and I haven't recognized. I miss Mrs. mungo and her Sister, Impish, MarianNOVA, DeniseMomof4, Heather from NC/Neverland, Wishbone Dawn, Nest of 3. NicoleM was the true coiner of the TeA euphemism with that most-hilarious-post ever..."How long does That take? To get her up to a rolling boil" Oh how I laughed! :)

How dare people go do productive things while I'm still here....not doing productive things.

• Like 13

I was just thinking this recently...all the posters I never see any more. Or else they are incognito and I haven't recognized. I miss Mrs. mungo and her Sister, Impish, MarianNOVA, DeniseMomof4, Heather from NC/Neverland, Wishbone Dawn, Nest of 3. NicoleM was the true coiner of the TeA euphemism with that most-hilarious-post ever..."How long does That take? To get her up to a rolling boil" Oh how I laughed! :)

How dare people go do productive things while I'm still here....not doing productive things.

I think you do productive things here, Quill. I've gained a lot of wisdom and insight from your posts, and appreciate how you encourage/spur us on!

• Like 7

I think you do productive things here, Quill. I've gained a lot of wisdom and insight from your posts, and appreciate how you encourage/spur us on!

Awww! What a totally kind thing to say to me! :)

• Like 1

We all have to make a promise that if we leave, we'll make a post letting everyone know we're leaving. No more just disappearing and making us all wonder what happened to you.

I have told my daughter that if something major happens to me, I want her to post it to these forums!

• Like 1

Peela is happy and healthy. :) Her kids are grown and she's off doing busy things. :)

Tell her to stop in now and then! She always had great advice on health issues. Then there was another Aussie gal with great recipes. Can't remember her username but her siggy said: "Jumped the ditch." I think she was originally from NZ. It's your job Rosie, to keep all the Aussie girls checking in with us.  :)

We all have to make a promise that if we leave, we'll make a post letting everyone know we're leaving. No more just disappearing and making us all wonder what happened to you.

There is something in the board rules about not announcing your departure. Haven't read it in a while but perhaps it's in a different context.

I have told my daughter that if something major happens to me, I want her to post it to these forums!

This you can do according to board rules. :laugh:

Rough Collie's son posted to update us after she got sick one time.

• Like 2

Tell her to stop in now and then! She always had great advice on health issues. Then there was another Aussie gal with great recipes. Can't remember her username but her siggy said: "Jumped the ditch." I think she was originally from NZ. It's your job Rosie, to keep all the Aussie girls checking in with us. :)

I think that was Keptwoman. I always loved that user name.

I miss many of those already mentioned.

• Like 2