Menu

People who aren't here (on the boards) anymore.

ScoutTN

I miss EsterMaria and KarenAnne/Doodler terribly.  Their passion and conviction and willingness to share details is nearly unmatched!  But from time to time I imagine their daughters' extraordinary educations, and it makes me smile. 

I really miss both of them too. Their different perspectives added depth and I learned from them both.

• Like 2

There is something in the board rules about not announcing your departure. Haven't read it in a while but perhaps it's in a different context.

This you can do according to board rules. :laugh:

Rough Collie's son posted to update us after she got sick one time.

The board rules state that you can't do a "Swan Song" announcement of departure. So you can't do the "Woe is me, I have been driven off the boards by you mean, cat-hating people who always tell me to buy a dog instead! So bye forever! I hate you all!" But I do think we are allowed to explain that we will be absent or less-often visiting because of XYZ going on in our lives.

• Like 15

Tell her to stop in now and then! She always had great advice on health issues. Then there was another Aussie gal with great recipes. Can't remember her username but her siggy said: "Jumped the ditch." I think she was originally from NZ. It's your job Rosie, to keep all the Aussie girls checking in with us.  :)

That was Keptwoman. :)

What do you want? Me posing as the Aussie Homeschool Mafia?  :laugh:

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I am FB friends with a couple of them.

Denise got busy with her farm and animals and left FB, and then someone opened her account again without her permission a couple of weeks ago.  She came on to say, "Who opened my FB account again?  I am doing fine, but I will delete it again" or something like that.  She is doing ok.

I am also FB friends with Heather in Malaysia.  She is the principal of a school (I think it is Catholic) in FL and doing well it looks like.  We happen to have mutual friends in Indonesia, which was awesome.   A friend from college, whose father was one of my professors.

She is no longer HSing, which I think is one reason she left the boards.

• Like 10

The board rules state that you can't do a "Swan Song" announcement of departure. So you can't do the "Woe is me, I have been driven off the boards by you mean, cat-hating people who always tell me to buy a dog instead! So bye forever! I hate you all!" But I do think we are allowed to explain that we will be absent or less-often visiting because of XYZ going on in our lives.

Seems I remember one of these fairly recently and then the person ended up not leaving.  

What ever happened to Abieto (or something similar to that.)

Albeto. I'm not sure. I think she posted for a little while under a new name, but a poster recognized her word choices as sounding just like Albeto. I think the new poster stopped posting after that.

• Like 4

Albeto. I'm not sure. I think she posted for a little while under a new name, but a poster recognized her word choices as sounding just like Albeto. I think the new poster stopped posting after that.

Oh.  I will admit that is one thing that really bothered me about the new boards, the ability to change names so easily.  

• Like 8

What ever happened to Abieto (or something similar to that.)[/quote

Great story for complainers, sucky for everyone else . Wan a hear it, lol?

I do! 

(If the OP is reading, I wasn't absent in early 2016, nor have I ever had a different name and avatar, but thanks for thinking of me at that time :) ...)

Thanks for the correction! Sorry for the mistake. Glad to be wrong in this case. ;)

• Like 1

Alberto and family were in a terrible car accident, and had a difficult recovery. The other person who posted was a I believe a troll. Alberto posted once about the accident and indicated things were pretty hard for them physically, and hinted she would not be around.

• Like 1

Alberto and family were in a terrible car accident, and had a difficult recovery. The other person who posted was a I believe a troll. Alberto posted once about the accident and indicated things were pretty hard for them physically, and hinted she would not be around.

Oh no- that's horrible. I wasn't here when she posted (or at least I wasn't on Chat) but I've seen a lot of the threads when I've done searches or old threads came up. 

Oh my gosh!  How horrible.  I don't know if I caught that.

• Like 1

Oh no! I missed all that. I hope they're doing better now. :/

• Like 3

I'm so sorry.

I miss Albeto. I hope she and her family are well.

• Like 1

That was Keptwoman. :)

What do you want? Me posing as the Aussie Homeschool Mafia?  :laugh:

Yes! I had to reply because I could not "like" your post. You are hereby appointed to be the official Aussie representative. Keep your people in line, okay!

• Like 3

Albeto had log in issues and changed her name slightly by adding a period. Then she got accused of doing something nefarious. As if that period made a huge difference in her username.  :001_rolleyes:

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 2

Oh.  I will admit that is one thing that really bothered me about the new boards, the ability to change names so easily.  

I agree. I can't figure out people here that easily.

Is anyone else amazed at people's ability to remember screen names AND backstories??  I often remember one or the other but rarely both.  And, of course, with the above happening I rarely remember poster's names anymore.  :blink:

• Like 2

Albeto had log in issues and changed her name slightly by adding a period. Then she got accused of doing something nefarious. As if that period made a huge difference in her username. :001_rolleyes:

No, it was after that. It was after the car accident she had been in. There was a poster with a completely different UN that some people "outed" as using phrasing that sounded just like Albeto had used in previous posts. The poster asked if the new poster was Albeto and, AFAIK, the poster left or disappeared or changed names.

Not that it matters to me either way. She was often brow-beaten here, but, to be fair, she posted many things that attracted negative attention, so...you get what you get. I liked Albeto, though. She was a thinker.

I agree. I can't figure out people here that easily.

Is anyone else amazed at people's ability to remember screen names AND backstories?? I often remember one or the other but rarely both. And, of course, with the above happening I rarely remember poster's names anymore. :blink:

I do remember backstories, but I have difficulty if the username is hard to say or the avatar is not memorable. So I might remember that a certain story happened to a poster here, but if their UN is not easy to say, I forget who it went with.

• Like 2

I was just thinking this recently...all the posters I never see any more. Or else they are incognito and I haven't recognized. I miss Mrs. mungo and her Sister, Impish, MarianNOVA, DeniseMomof4, Heather from NC/Neverland, Wishbone Dawn, Nest of 3. NicoleM was the true coiner of the TeA euphemism with that most-hilarious-post ever..."How long does That take? To get her up to a rolling boil" Oh how I laughed! :)

How dare people go do productive things while I'm still here....not doing productive things.

I saw Wishbone Dawn a few weeks ago - she and her family are doing well.

• Like 6