2. 2. What size do you order

• Little, always
    • Little, sometimes
    • Regular, always
    • Regular, sometimes
    • Large, always
    • Large, sometimes
    • Other

We get the regular because we order one order for the whole family and the kids don't like Cajun spiced.

I do blame all this talk of Five Guys for me deciding to make avocado cheeseburgers for dinner tonight. And I just make oven fries from sliced potatoes. No awesome deep fryer.

• Like 1

I voted other on the size. I have no idea what size dh orders but we always end up with bags full.

:lol:

DS says this is how he thinks Five Guys does fries:

Put little fry in bag. Fill up rest of bag with fries.

OR

Put Regular fry in bag. Fill up rest of bag with fries.

OR

Put large fry in bag. Fill up rest of bag with fries.

• Like 8

Five Guys is an out-of-town experience for us (usually after an away soccer game), so we're still figuring out the ideal order. Haven't tried Cajun fries but I'm guessing they're a sodium-bomb that we would avoid. We started with a large order of fries for a family of 5--too many. Next time we tried the next size down for a family of 5--still too many. If there is a size smaller, that's what I would propose trying next time (soccer tournament this weekend!). And we've been to a couple of different restaurants but haven't encountered shakes yet. But often commented that they really should have shakes too.

Didn't even know they had cajun fries. We've only been there a few times and always ordered the plain, smallest size to share with our party, which ranges from 2-4 people. 

I don't quite get why they have the peanuts- their food is very generously sized and I can't imagine needing peanuts to munch on before your bag of fries is ready. 

I laughed at the poster above who says Five Guys just fills the bag with fries no matter what size you get. It sure seems to be true!

Hubby walked into Five Guys, look at the prices and walked out :lol: He prefers Asian food though so we probably spend a similar amount eating out at a Japanese deli.

We seldom eat fries and prefer the In N Out ones. DS10 prefers waffle fries to french fries.

I have only been to Five Guys 2-3 times, and both times I tried the cajun spiced fries, but it didn't add anything to them, spice wise.  I don't like condiments, so I don't generally eat fries because I don't like the taste of them plain, either... 

Anyway, one time the guy handed me the shaker of cajun spice.  :lol:  

Idk, I actually think their fries kind of suck.  :leaving:  Same with their burgers... but I'm not really a meat gal, anyway.

My husband once ordered everyone their own order of fries. Dude never did that again. There's not much to do with cold leftover fries.

One time we had leftover fries. My dd likes fried potatoes so I decided to save them and try re-frying them. Turned out pretty good and they go well with scrambled eggs.

• Like 1

We ate there once years ago.  I don't know what size fries we got, but they were regular and it was one order all four of us shared.  None of us liked them, and we've never been back.  I've always wondered if our experience was just a fluke.

• Like 1

We ate there once years ago.  I don't know what size fries we got, but they were regular and it was one order all four of us shared.  None of us liked them, and we've never been back.  I've always wondered if our experience was just a fluke.

We've tried them twice and weren't impressed either time (two different locations).

At this point we'll go and eat there if meeting with someone else and that's where they choose, but I see no reason to make them a destination for us.  Whenever we drive by the local one, there's hardly anyone there.  It surprises me to see them popular on here (at least with some).

Our favorite fries are Chick Fil A or a local sandwich shop.  We also like Checkers, but they aren't around here.

• Like 1

We order regular fries, large size. We have two teen-aged boys, a tween girl, and an 8 yo boy who has general just come off a soccer field. We eat every bite.

I like the fries because they remind me of Boardwalk Fries from the Columbia Mall and the Inner Harbor. They remind me of home.

Regular because I don't do spicy food.  I think dh and dd get cajun when I'm not there.

Size depends on how many of us there.  4 of fewer get a regular.  all 5 of us get a large.   I don't remember ours having a small.  Is it  new thing?

I just saw a poll that claimed McD's has the best fries...

I like McD's fries, but I wish the poll had included Chick Fil A.  They were polling burger places for that question, so Chick Fil A wasn't a choice, though they got the vote for best fast food place overall.

I'm thinking Five Guys came in third?

Yes they did.  Here's the link:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-best-french-fries-in-america-2015-7

Are the fries particularly good? I have yet to try them.

They are made in house with real potatoes. They are fatter than a fast food fry, but not as fat as steak fries. Maybe a cm square or so.

They are not crispy, they are long, floppy and greasy. They have good flavor but the texture/grease is what makes them what they are, for better or worse.

Regular because they always put too much spice on the cajun ones. We get the large because we share it.

You can order them with 1/2 seasoning or light seasoning. I can remember what they call it. I do that when my littlest is sharing with me. I Don't love them plain but the Cajun I could eat all day.