Menu

Tough night at work for DH *graphic* *trigger warning*

Miss Peregrine

That has to be incredibly difficult. Unless there was more than one incident like that last night, I know where you are talking about, as it was about ten minutes from where my cousin lives. She was talking about it this morning.

Liking as a  :grouphug:  not a like.

How horrible.  My heart breaks for all involved.  Often times people forget how tough these things are on first responders. 

Lots of prayers for your husband and all involved.   :(

Read about the case.  I hate familicide. :mad:  Hate it.  Happens way too often.  If you want to kill yourself, then kill yourself.  You do not have the right to make that decision for your kids or spouse.   :willy_nilly:

I'm so sorry for your husband and others at the scene as well as the young mother. I hope the first responders are offered appropriate counselling services if they need it.

This is such a hard job. I'm always amazed at how well my husband can handle the horrible, difficult, and heartbreaking things he deals with every day. Some things can be really hard to work through though and this sounds like one of them for your husband. It's hard to know how to help and support them when they go through these things too....

• Like 1

If your husbands dept offers counseling, please encourage him to attend some.  Also, go with him, you are a team and you'll both have to work through this together.  My husband had a bad fire call and at the time I thought he was ok, then 8 months later, I found him sobbing after a fire call that had similarities.  Our men are tough, but they aren't invincible.

• Like 1

If your husbands dept offers counseling, please encourage him to attend some.  Also, go with him, you are a team and you'll both have to work through this together.  My husband had a bad fire call and at the time I thought he was ok, then 8 months later, I found him sobbing after a fire call that had similarities.  Our men are tough, but they aren't invincible.

So true.  Many departments offer this now.  A friend of ours is a debriefer for other departments after incidents like this.

My dh was a first responder for our rural township for 12 years.  It is a tough job and while they didn't have the volume of calls a more urban area has, there was a high likelihood that he (or someone else on the department) knew the people involved.

• Like 2