Menu

What is your skin care routine?

shukriyya

The Nivea thread got me thinking about how minimal my skin care routine is...hot water on a roughish terry face cloth and Nivea to moisturize. That's it. Before my Nivea conversion it was Weleda Iris cream to moisturize but my aging skin needed something thicker than Weleda and the Nivea is perfect. Plus it smells heavenly and makes me feel I'm being blessed by the Grandmothers, Aunts and other assorted Wise Women...

How about you, what's your skin care/facial cleansing routine?

Washing with bar soap in the shower (usually Ivory) and then applying this natural cream from St. John's Monastery.  I do this 2-3 times a week.  That's it.

I used Ivory on my face in my twenties and loved the gentle scent and how it lathered up but I haven't used it in years as it's too drying. Thanks for the little trip down memory lane :D

I cleanse my face with ROC cleansing discs, moisturize with Olay Regenerist serum and Fruit of the Earth cream, and use Olay eye cream around my eyes and mouth. I have very dry skin and have been using Fruit of the Earth cream for a few years.It's natural, doesn't have a scent, very moisturizing and made in the USA.

eta: Fruit of the Earth is very cheap, too. $3.69 for two containers of about 3 oz/ea. I think.

Guest inoubliable

AM - rinse with water, moisturizer with sunblock.

PM - wash with Avalon Organics lavender wash, Walgreen's Studio 55 AHA cream, soothe with Avalon's lavender serum, Nivea.

The Nivea thread got me thinking about how minimal my skin care routine is...hot water on a roughish terry face cloth and Nivea to moisturize. That's it. Before my Nivea conversion it was Weleda Iris cream to moisturize but my aging skin needed something thicker than Weleda and the Nivea is perfect. Plus it smells heavenly and makes me feel I'm being blessed by the Grandmothers, Aunts and other assorted Wise Women...

How about you, what's your skin care/facial cleansing routine?

For almost 40 years, my skin care has remained unvaried, although the products have changed over the years. :-)

I shower at night, so any make-up comes off; I use Amway's Honey & Glycerine soap, and then I use a gel for my rosacea. In the morning, I use Artistry cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and eye cream.

For almost 40 years, my skin care has remained unvaried, although the products have changed over the years. :-)

I shower at night, so any make-up comes off; I use Amway's Honey & Glycerine soap, and then I use a gel for my rosacea. In the morning, I use Artistry cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and eye cream.

A steadfast soul :D

For my face... Rinse well with warm water every evening. Wash with a sensitive skin cleanser once a week. Moisturizer every other day. Hope for the best.

Seriously, I have tried to do more products. I've paid lots and I've paid little. But invariably washing my face every day with anything leads to problems. I have learned to leave well enough alone.

For everything else, wash well every day in the shower with soap. Lotion in the winter on my hands and legs regularly. The rest of my skin is not so sensitive.

am - terry cloth and warm water, moisturizer (if sunny or I am going to be out a great deal Elizabeth Arden factor 50, if I am going to be indoors or it is a grey grey day ACO day cream (Swedish brand) with factor 15) and then Bare Minerals make-up

pm - goat milk soap bar and then terry cloth in the shower and then ACO night cream

I've never heard of baking soda to exfoliate. I may have to try that. Negin, your avocado reference reminded me of how I used to do a yogurt mask on my face when I was younger (and really didn't need to do anything lol). It always left my face feeling sooo smooth and soft, just plain yoghurt straight from the fridge :D

I also use Rx-strength Retin-A a few times a week. I rotate my stuff around, am very organized and have a list. I love making lists and love skin care, so there I go  :lol:. 

Are you referring to Paula's Retin-A products or something else?

I've never heard of baking soda to exfoliate. I may have to try that. Negin, your avocado reference reminded me of how I used to do a yogurt mask on my face when I was younger (and really didn't need to do anything lol). It always left my face feeling sooo smooth and soft, just plain yoghurt straight from the fridge :D

Yes, baking soda is a great exfoliant, but not for skins that are super-sensitive. 

I often do homemade masks - yogurt, all sorts of things :D. A few days ago, I did one with softened butter and egg yolk, Skin was super-soft after that. 

Are you referring to Paula's Retin-A products or something else?

Liz, I use Rx-strength Retin-A every few nights - not Paula's Choice, Rx from the pharmacy. If you want to know more specifics on why/benefits, I can share here. 

When it comes to Paula's Choice, on other nights, I use her BHA Gel (1 or 2%). 

I love Paula's Choice moisturizers for day time. 

Once I began wearing mineral makeup 10 years ago, I stopped washing my face at night.  The minerals were that awesome for my skin. (I still took off eye makeup at night.)

As I got older, the powdery look stopped working for me.  Now I use Olay Regerist face wash in the morning, followed by Dr. Jart liquid, cream, and BB.

Wash with an exfoliating Olay face wash, then Nerium AD night cream.  I usually it morning and evening, unless I"m going somewhere and putting on makeup, then I'll use the day cream under makeup.  LOVE IT so much, I became a brand partner.  All natural botanical, gives incredible results.  I also use their body cream - Nerium FIRM.  It rocks on cellulite and loose skin.  :-) 

Mouse Bandit

I use a mix of honey and baking soda to wash my face or I do oil cleansing with olive or argan oil.  I use heavy duty lotion, too, for my dry skin.  Right now it's Burt's Bees Baby Multipurpose ointment.  It's like petroleum-free petroleum jelly.  I use Proactive lotion stuff when I break out.  Only the lotion-I don't buy into the whole thing. 

I wash my face at night with a cleanser is made from castille soap, jasmine tea, glycerin and essential oils. Every other day I use my clarisonic, then I top off with a homemade serum made from jojoba and essential oils. In the morning I just put on a primer and CC cream with SPF 50. I have nice skin anyways but I have noticed an improvement since I started making my own products, maybe 5-6 months ago.

In the morning I wash my face with a wash cloth and warm water, then moisturize. Past summers  I've used Oil of Olay. This summer I used Aveeno Positively Radiant with sunscreen. I like something lighter in the summer and that seemed to work fine.

When it gets cooler, I moisturize my face with extra virgin coconut oil from Trader Joes. It is the only thing that has kept me from getting a flaky forehead in recent years, when the heat has to be on in the house. When I remember, about once a month, I make a mask of yogurt, honey, and  a crushed aspirin. It exfoliates and makes my skin soft, smooth and glowing.  I probably should do this once a week.

When I was younger I used Ivory soap and Oil of Olay year round. I can't use soap products on my face anymore.  I also have to shun fatty dairy products if I want to avoid tiny red pimples on my forehead and cheeks. This is very hard for me, I love butter and cream. The things we must sacrifice to look decent.

I wash my face in the shower with natural goat's milk soap and my hands.  I will also wipe my face off with a wet washcloth in the mornings, no soap.  If my skin is feeling dry, I use a little coconut oil.  

ETA:  I never wear makeup.

That is it.  I've had acne problems most of my life, and finally after this minimal care routine I have next to zero acne on my face.  (the little I do have only pops up about once a month, IFKWIM)

Same as it ever was. When I shower, I rinse my face with the water coming down. That is it. I do not use any creams or moisturizers. I never have. I also do not wear make-up. (except on special occasions) I have very few wrinkles. No skin problems at all to be quite honest. I've always wondered if putting all that stuff on our faces caused the problems. Using lotions may make our bodies stop producing the oils it needs. Using soaps strips them and causes over production to compensate. I also do not use sunscreen unless I know I am putting myself at risk for burning.