Menu

Robin Williams...so sad

bettyandbob

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, first I saw.

He went to my high school. I remember when he came back when I was in middle school. He was nice to everyone…really tried to let all the kids meet him and stuff.

Lots of prayers for his loved ones. :(

Do you still live in Marin?

This is just shockingly sad. We would see him around town occasionally. Just a normal guy.

Do you still live in Marin?

This is just shockingly sad. We would see him around town occasionally. Just a normal guy.

No, he went to my school in Michigan.  His Dad was an auto exec, I think.  It was, at the time, an all boys prep school, and they say he drew upon that for "Dead Poets Society."  No idea if it's true or not.

Edited to add: Yup, it was true.  Never knew Mr. Campbell was fired, though.  He was a great teacher.  http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20115677,00.html

:crying: 

Very sad.

I enjoyed him in Dead Poet's Society and Good Will Hunting.

I read a story once about him. He was in a bar and there was an argument and a lot of tension. He started acting out and doing impressions and soon everyone was laughing and things went back to normal.

Guest inoubliable

I sincerely hope that if you feel suicidal that you'll seek help. We're here.  I don't want anyone to feel that death is preferable to life. 

There are a very few people here who know about my own mental illness and have taken me seriously when I asked for help. 

I have no doubt at all that I'll end up going out in a similar way to RW's choice. No doubt at all. It's a matter of time.

I'm not okay right now, but I don't have the courage he did.

Alas, you're all stuck with me for a while. 

There are a very few people here who know about my own mental illness and have taken me seriously when I asked for help. 

I have no doubt at all that I'll end up going out in a similar way to RW's choice. No doubt at all. It's a matter of time.

I'm not okay right now, but I don't have the courage he did.

Alas, you're all stuck with me for a while. 

:grouphug: