Menu

Do you ever type and delete posts?

Whereneverever

I literally just did this. Aargh.  :banghead:

I don't do it just to get my feelings out, though. I intend to send it but sometimes I realize how aggravated I am by the end of the post and I decide to wait before posting. I usually end up deleting because it's not worth it. I've got too much other stuff to do.

I do this too. Sometimes after I write it out it just doesn't sound like what I wanted to say so I delete. Sometimes after I write I realize I'm not contributing anything useful so I delete. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to post what I just wrote so I delete.

Yep... I've been lurking here since November, and only made my first actual post like a month ago.  I always have things I want to say but I tend to refrain if someone has already said something similar or if I think it'll be taken wrong.

My best advice is to go ahead and post anyway. :)

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that when I ask a question, I'm hoping for as many responses as possible, and if I'm not sure about something, it can really make a difference when several people have given me the same advice.

As for people taking things the wrong way, it does happen. But so what? There will always be someone who is having a bad day or who just seems to like to find something to be offended about, but if you meant well when you posted your comment, I don't think you should let it bug you when someone gets irritated.

Or compose posts and not post them? Sometimes I'm so worried I will be taken the wrong way or I'll say something silly I don't post on threads, especially contentious ones, even when I have something I want to say.

I do.  For me it's that I need a vent but by the time I finish typing, I just don't feel the need to get feedback anymore.

I often find myself in the middle of a post and ask the question, "Is this what you are supposed to be doing right now?" You see, I have a million things to do right now. I was just complaining to my husband about how overwhelmed I am.

And here I am distracting myself by answering this!

But I think I'll send this one. Usually, when I realize that I'm just being distracted, I hit that little red "x" up in the right-hand corner of the screen and force myself to get back to work.

Blessings! :)

Yes, I do. Especially after I've just killed a thread. :tongue_smilie:

But, yeah, a lot of times I want to vent or whine about something...I will type it out and then delete it. I was just thinking a few minutes ago of something I wanted to share (not a vent) but I don't even know what kind of response I'm looking for, so I decided not to post it.

yup, especially when I have something to say but not sure if it would get me into trouble so then I delete and then retype in a better way, but realize it is still too b*tchy and then delete again and go for 3rd time's a charm lol

Or when I realize I have written a novel with WAY too much personal information in it.

Or any post about my ex husband since the last time I wrote one about dealing with him I got warning points and a banning for husband bashing...which was stupid btw, just saying