Menu

Royal Prince Born!

sheryl

He's here!

ETA: We've been turning on the t.v. every hour on the hour to get an "update".  I was upstairs organizing some papers and I heard dd scream.  I just knew! LOL!

I'm so excited for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.  And, like many of you, I'm waiting to learn the name.  Like so many others, I thought it was a girl.  Deep down though I thought that Charles and Diana had 2 boys so it must be a boy!  :) 

The announcement was posted on the easel and the "town crier" (what are they called) yelled out the announcement. 

I saw on tv that the royals may not go by last names much and when they don't they make up for it with 3-4 middle names or so.

Welcome little prince!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really hoping for a girl but a healthy baby, no matter the sex, is all that matters. I read he is 8lbs 6oz. That a pretty big baby. I can't wait to see a picture of him. :)

My middle dd was almost 8 lbs. I'm only 5'1" and my dh is 5'7". Kate is 5'10" and William is 6'3". 

The history nerd in me is most excited to learn the name.

Yes, the proclamation is out in the courtyard and they just had a verbal announcement.

I was also sort of hoping for a girl, what with the new rules about how she would have been queen despite any brothers. But delighted for them on the birth of a healthy baby, and looking forward to hearing the name!

my first was 8lb 3oz.  so I don't consider that a big baby.  congratulations to kate and William.  Diana's influence will be felt, and kate is very close to her mother.  I think this royal baby will have as normal of a childhood as any royal ever has.  word is they have hired a housekeep to help - but no nanny.

I think they should get radical with the naming process, take all the pressure off the kid, and name him something like "Aidan Quinn Sebastian Nick", but very likely, this will not occur. Equally NOT in the running would be "Jean Luc Claude Pierre"!

But, it's fun to speculate!

I think they should get radical with the naming process, take all the pressure off the kid, and name him something like "Aidan Quinn Sebastian Nick", but very likely, this will not occur. Equally NOT in the running would be "Jean Luc Claude Pierre"!

But, it's fun to speculate!

LOL!

I'm happy for them!  A new baby is always exciting.  I can't wait for the name either.  I'm hoping for Albert, which was Elizabeth's father's name.  He went by Bertie to the family.  His full name was Albert Frederick Arthur George.  He used the name George when he became king to help tie himself to his father's reign (George V), due to the upheaval from his brother's abdication.  I doubt they'll go with Albert as a first name, because it's kind of antiquated.  As long as they don't go with something like Rainbow (one of the male actors in Stargate Atlantis is named Rainbow Sun Franks) or Kahl-el or Apple.  Oh, wait, Apple is a girl's name.

ETA:  Maybe they'll name him Spencer!  That's Diana's family name.  

My middle dd was almost 8 lbs. I'm only 5'1" and my dh is 5'7". Kate is 5'10" and William is 6'3". 

The history nerd in me is most excited to learn the name.

I did not realize they were so tall. I guess the size of the baby now makes sense if you take into account their heights. My smallest baby was 8lbs 6ozs. and I know how hard he was to have and I'm 5'2"-ish.

I am definitely waiting to hear the name. My family thinks I'm crazy though.

Oh, I just came up with another one - "Aragorn Elrond Théoden Faramir".

Nope, nope, nope...they'd probably name him "Clives Staples Lewis John" before they'd give him any of the names I've suggested, and I really don't see any of my picks being very high on the "maybe" list. :lol:

I'm thinking they might name him William II.

I clearly need something else to do.  If Prince William chooses to use William when he becomes king, he'll actually be William V, which would make the baby William VI when he becomes king (again, assuming they choose to use the name William for their official names).

I clearly need something else to do.  If Prince William chooses to use William when he becomes king, he'll actually be William V, which would make the baby William VI when he becomes king (again, assuming they choose to use the name William for their official names).

I was counting Williams too: William the Conqueror, William Rufus, William and Mary, William IV (between the Georges and Queen Victoria), William currently Duke of Cambridge and then baby William.  So yes, the sixth.

L

my first was 8lb 3oz.  so I don't consider that a big baby.  congratulations to kate and William.  Diana's influence will be felt, and kate is very close to her mother.  I think this royal baby will have as normal of a childhood as any royal ever has.  word is they have hired a housekeep to help - but no nanny.

8lbs 6oz is a nice healthy size, but not big to me. Only one of mine was smaller than that and my largest was over 10lbs. ;) I was happy to hear the announcement earlier and can't wait to see a picture of the little guy. :)

Dh was at a meeting at the Church when the announcement was made. Being a dutiful wife ;) I sent a message to his Blackberry and went out to water the flowers. The church is 200 yards away as the crow flys over 3 fences. I got to hear dh scream out at the meeting " It's a boy" and then everyone else talking. Pretty funny. I didn't know it was really that close but everyone has the doors open. Hot evening.

Yes, the proclamation is out in the courtyard and they just had a verbal announcement.

I was also sort of hoping for a girl, what with the new rules about how she would have been queen despite any brothers. But delighted for them on the birth of a healthy baby, and looking forward to hearing the name!

Wait--what new rules?

Cos they had Elizabeth I, Victoria, and Elizabeth II.

OOOHH!  It's because they had no brothers (alive) at the time??

I never knew.

Wait--what new rules?

Cos they had Elizabeth I, Victoria, and Elizabeth II.

OOOHH! It's because they had no brothers (alive) at the time??

I never knew.

Yeah. If William and Kate had a girl first, she would have been in line for the throne, even if a boy came along after her.

Originally, if a girl was born and then a boy, the boy would be the next heir.

It was changed fairly recently. Let me find a link...

ETA: It was recent --- 2011. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/29/world/europe/rule-of-male-succession-to-british-monarchy-is-abolished.html?_r=0

So, someone please clue me in on the announcing the baby's name protocol.

First they will announce it to TMZ, then phone it in to the National Enquirer, followed up by feeding some bunk to Fox News to see if they will believe them, and then they will finally announce the real name.

I was hoping for a girl.

I read online we gave Prince William 20 silver platters when he was born. Who wants 20 silver platters? I'd expect the royals have sufficient crockery already, lol.

I guess Prince William can fashion the 20 silver platters into instruments for a pricey percussion ensemble. Think of all the silver cymbals that can be made for baby to bang :lol:

Oh my goodness, I just found out there was a Scottish king named Macbeth 1040-1057.

Macbeth Hiram Ethelred Cnut - has a ring to it, doesn't it? :D

Seriously, I would love it if they decided to buck the naming trend amongst the monarchy and give their child something a little less weighty.

Name him Mark, Luke, Zack, something short and sweet.

Zack Windsor - It's a good solid name!