Menu

Would you accept this?

Flowing Brook

Thanks everyone. I guess I just "Needed" someone to tell me not that it was ok and to not feel guilty.

I am overwhelmingly thankful for their generosity.

I like the idea of paying it forward and am already looking forward to and thinking of ways I can do it once I am able.

It also makes me smile to be able to go down in hive history as one of the few posters that got an unanimous 100% in agreement opinion. :)

I would absolutely accept it. You did not solicit it, it came to you..... I'd accept it. They would not offer it if they didn't want to do it. Think of the consequences you mentioned if you do not do the surgery soon. Accept it. :) I don't know your beliefs, but I would (in my life) consider it a gift from above.

I think you should take it. You need it and they want to give it to you. It could prevent more damage to get it done earlier, and not wait until you are financially ready. I think makes it a justified need.

Is there a reason why you don't want to take the help? (just wondering)

Allowing yourself to be helped is a blessing to those offering it. I had to learn a hard way that denying help (when I needed it) was denying others the chance to be blessed by helping.

Also, if the church fund isn't getting used, then there are less likely to be donations for it, where as if it used, they likely might get more funding than they would have otherwise, which will help other people.

Allowing yourself to be helped is a blessing to those offering it. I had to learn a hard way that denying help (when I needed it) was denying others the chance to be blessed by helping.

What this says. Please, don't deny them this opportunity to help. Maybe if you think of it that way, it will lessen the guilt?

And then pay it forward, in whatever way, whenever you can. Even if it's not monetary; by showing extra grace, by blessing someone yourself.

As amazing as this seems, the entire Hive is in agreement that you should take the money. :w00t:

Since that almost never, ever, ever happens, you know we're right.

You need the surgery. This isn't cosmetic. This isn't a vanity thing. This is NECESSARY.

Please accept the money so you can have the surgery right away.

Often physical suffering is preferable to the existential suffering we experience when accepting help we know we need. Do the hard thing and accept it. Do it for your husband, kids, and parents who would likely bear the buden of your care. Do it for your congregation who will experience deep satisfaction that they are able to do some good. Swallowing your pride is one of the hardest things for a self-reliant adult to do. It shows well-developed character when someone can set aside her pride, and graciously accept assistance. What an amazing thing they are offering to do. I'm so happy for you.

I would absolutely accept it. You did not solicit it, it came to you..... I'd accept it. They would not offer it if they didn't want to do it. Think of the consequences you mentioned if you do not do the surgery soon. Accept it. :) I don't know your beliefs, but I would (in my life) consider it a gift from above.

:iagree:

When the entire Hive agrees on something, you really need to pay attention! :laugh:

Accept it, be thankful and commit to helping someone else in the future.

:grouphug:

Anne, who is thankful you are being blessed in this way!!

yes. I would graciously accept their offer. to turn it down could cost your hearing. people can only serve if there is someone TOO serve. (so suck it up and accept it. ;p) this will put you in a position in the future to "pay it forward" and help others.

Accept it! I have a hard time accepting charity from others, but I have been told that I am stealing their blessing by refusing it. God promises blessings on those that give freely and I was admonished once for denying that person their blessings promised by God by refusing when I didn't want to be a "charity-case" Accept the money, praise the Lord for the offering to allieve your suffering, and pray for those blessings on those that gave it to you. Don't deny them their blessings out of your pride.

As amazing as this seems, the entire Hive is in agreement that you should take the money. :w00t:

Since that almost never, ever, ever happens, you know we're right.

You need the surgery. This isn't cosmetic. This isn't a vanity thing. This is NECESSARY.

Please accept the money so you can have the surgery right away.

:iagree:

and as the others have said, pay it forward when you are able.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone. I guess I just "Needed" someone to tell me that it was ok and to not feel guilty.

I am overwhelmingly thankful for their generosity.

I like the idea of paying it forward and am already looking forward to and thinking of ways I can do it once I am able.

It also makes me smile to be able to go down in hive history as one of the few posters that got an unanimous 100% in agreement opinion. :)