Menu

...and then there were 5

JeneralMom

Baby was born Feb 11 at 5.30pm. She is little but doing great. She is somewhere between 36.4 and 37.4 weeks, and may be smaller because she had to share space with a grapefruit sized cyst. Dr was able to remove the huge cyst and only had to take 1/4 of the ovary.

I'm handling the caesarean pretty well and have only taken 1 dose of Tylenol.

Her name is unique so just going to.say we went with the greek myth and named her after the daughter of Demeter and Zeus. Her middle names are after our paternal g-mas so Vera and Madeline (the English translation of my g-ma's Hungarian name which is M@gdoln@ as was her mom's, g-ma's, and two other generations back)

I can't for the life of me get pictures to load.

I am loading them all to Instagram and Facebook so I assumed I would be able to just pop the over here too.

I've overdone it, came home too early and am having some serious pain in my incision area, so today I get to sit on my bottom (as much as possible, DH had to run to work to do somethings he can't do from home) and then tomorrow is DD3 4th birthday.

It has been a rough homecoming because Chicken Pox has broken out at the kids' school (in DS9 classroom) and I have no immunity to it, and therefore DD0 didn't even get the bit of transplacental immunity that most babies do. DH and kids were not allowed onto the ward because it was dangerous for the babies in the level 2 nursery (even if you are immune you can be a vector until you scrub completely) the last day which is one of the reasons I decided to leave on Thursday morning instead of Saturday night. The midwife and pedi were very concerned about DD0 and I and I have been given a very strict procedure for anyone coming near the baby, and the kids need to "strip and disinfect" when they come home, I am not supposed to go anywhere near their school, and I am not supposed to let any of the neighbourhood kids in the house (they refuse to stay out so I just slathering them with hospital-grade disinfectant with their parents' permission) any time they come near me. It is a giant pain in the a$$ but I have to protect myself and the baby. Not many people fully vaccinate or even vaccinate at all for chicken pox here so once it starts it runs through all the kids. If my kids vaccines "fail" and one of them gets it, I have to move out.

The school is being really good about it, because this happened last September when another baby was born, and her siblings aren't vaccinated so the school allowed the mom to pull them all out and someone brought all their work home for them. I don't think we will have to be that drastic.

I can't for the life of me get pictures to load.

I am loading them all to Instagram and Facebook so I assumed I would be able to just pop the over here too.

I've overdone it, came home too early and am having some serious pain in my incision area, so today I get to sit on my bottom (as much as possible, DH had to run to work to do somethings he can't do from home) and then tomorrow is DD3 4th birthday.

It has been a rough homecoming because Chicken Pox has broken out at the kids' school (in DS9 classroom) and I have no immunity to it, and therefore DD0 didn't even get the bit of transplacental immunity that most babies do. DH and kids were not allowed onto the ward because it was dangerous for the babies in the level 2 nursery (even if you are immune you can be a vector until you scrub completely) the last day which is one of the reasons I decided to leave on Thursday morning instead of Saturday night. The midwife and pedi were very concerned about DD0 and I and I have been given a very strict procedure for anyone coming near the baby, and the kids need to "strip and disinfect" when they come home, I am not supposed to go anywhere near their school, and I am not supposed to let any of the neighbourhood kids in the house (they refuse to stay out so I just slathering them with hospital-grade disinfectant with their parents' permission) any time they come near me. It is a giant pain in the a$$ but I have to protect myself and the baby. Not many people fully vaccinate or even vaccinate at all for chicken pox here so once it starts it runs through all the kids. If my kids vaccines "fail" and one of them gets it, I have to move out.

The school is being really good about it, because this happened last September when another baby was born, and her siblings aren't vaccinated so the school allowed the mom to pull them all out and someone brought all their work home for them. I don't think we will have to be that drastic.

Ah yes, most people only bother about the free vaccinations. the one that you have to pay for, like chicken pox most people don't worry about.