Menu

What are you giving your DH for Christmas?

This year I think DH is going to get himself some things for his car that he has been wanting. I hate doing that and not having a nice surprise for him on Christmas morning but it is what he really wants. I think will have the boys surprise him with a french press coffee thing and maybe something from his favorite sports team.

I am clueless about this year. Last year I gave him a special watch that tracks his running since he's very into that. The year before I gave him a sappy sentimental gift. It was a small wall plaque that had both our names on it. It's in our bedroom. But he's sappy like that so it went over very well.

DH is getting...

- a rib rack and 2 chicken racks for his smoker, a fish rack for the grill, and spice shakers for his (ridiculously crazy delicious) rubs (from the kids)

- Mother's Hardcore Enthusiast Car Care Kit (from his mom)

- guitar headphone amp and telescope accessories (from my parents)

- a Kinect for his xBox, with 2 games (from me)

- an iPhone 5 and the full-size leg lamp from The Christmas Story :D (from Santa)

DH is getting...

- a rib rack and 2 chicken racks for his smoker, a fish rack for the grill, and spice shakers for his (ridiculously crazy delicious) rubs (from the kids)

What smoker do you guys have? We need a new BBQ and the combo smoker/grill seem to be all the rage in the stores. I just would not even know where to start in looking for something like that.

A cuisinart 12 cup food processor. He makes salsa all the time and uses one of those mini prep ones and it takes him forever! He has been wanting one but won't purchase one for himself. I'm excited because it's kind of like a present for me too...his salsa is awesome! Is that wrong? :lol:

What smoker do you guys have? We need a new BBQ and the combo smoker/grill seem to be all the rage in the stores. I just would not even know where to start in looking for something like that.

DH has the Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" and is very happy with it. I bought it for him for Father's Day based on reviews. It didn't hurt that it matched his Weber One-Touch 22.5" charcoal grill. (I am very matchy-matchy. :tongue_smilie:)

ETA: I will say that I love (love, love, love!) DH having a smoker. The things he has made have been incredible. And not everything takes all day. He can smoke 3 chickens in 2-3 hours, ribs in 2... So good and so quick. Brisket takes all day. Pork shoulder took 6 hours (maybe?). Anyway, I am loving all this good food. DH has always loved to grill and has always been great at it. Smoking has just moved him to the next level of enjoyment and skill.

Edited by Alte Veste Academy

He already got his. He's been wanting a gun safe for a while now so he can get his grandfather's guns. We found one on sale so he bought it. He wasn't thrilled about it being his Christmas present but for that kind of money he's lucky it wasn't his Christmas, birthday, Father's Day, anniversary, etc present. I'll find a couple of small presents for him for his stocking, but he's bought himself his present.

DH has the Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" and is very happy with it. I bought it for him for Father's Day based on reviews. It didn't hurt that it matched his Weber One-Touch 22.5" charcoal grill. (I am very matchy-matchy. :tongue_smilie:)

ETA: I will say that I love (love, love, love!) DH having a smoker. The things he has made have been incredible. And not everything takes all day. He can smoke 3 chickens in 2-3 hours, ribs in 2... So good and so quick. Brisket takes all day. Pork shoulder took 6 hours (maybe?). Anyway, I am loving all this good food. DH has always loved to grill and has always been great at it. Smoking has just moved him to the next level of enjoyment and skill.

I took up smokin' this summer. ;) I consider the smoker/grill to be the outdoor equivilent of a crock pot. Heat it up, toss on meat, check the temps and add charcoal or wood chips every so often, go about your business, enjoy food.

We have a simple smoker/grill. It's got the smaller box on one end for smoking with a larger area for grilling. Usually runs about $150 at the big box stores. We've had ours for nearly ten years and it works great.

I'm trying to convince dh to let two new couches and some lamps be our presents to each other, along with stocking stuffers and maybe a book or two.

One year, I only had a little money, so I made dates for us, wrapping them creatively--some were free, some were little gift certificates, some were a little more. I called it 8 Great Dates, and he opened them one by one.

We didn't go on a single, stinkin' one.

He's a great guy, but that made me not want to ever do anything creative for him again.

He got a combined present for our anniversary, his birthday and Christmas already. It was a very expensive tool for his wood working hobby. He had had a smaller version of this tool for many years but the smaller version meant he couldn't do many of the projects he wants to do. He decided that he had waited long enough to upgrade and ordered it. I hadn't ever given him anything as expensive as this or even nearly expensive so yes, he got it for three gift giving occasions.

He will also get a cd or two and probably a few pieces of clothing.

I'm hoping the two of us can decide on a "couples gift" like we did last year. Last year we bought ourselves an iPad. It was so easy. We both love it. Great gift. Now.... it's Christmas again. Ugh. I have no idea. He is not an easy person to buy for. He'd like to have hobbies. He just doesn't have time. Usually I buy him clothes. He does need some clothes. Maybe I'll get him that.

organic bamboo velour, hand-dyed blanket and matching pillowcase. The kids and I all have sets, and I figured it was time he got one too. I may also get him a round of golf somewhere different since he always plays at our country club.

I think the kids are going in on a nice counter toolbox for him.

We will maybe do a joint gift of a painting we've been wanting for years.

As his surprise/stocking-ish type gift, I found a decorative tin of cappucino packets/teas; he likes these instant drink packets for during the day at work, and the tin is decorated in a love theme which we can then use in our room to store.....stuff. Plus it will be a total surprise, which is hard to do for him.

He already got his. He's been wanting a gun safe for a while now so he can get his grandfather's guns. We found one on sale so he bought it. He wasn't thrilled about it being his Christmas present but for that kind of money he's lucky it wasn't his Christmas, birthday, Father's Day, anniversary, etc present. I'll find a couple of small presents for him for his stocking, but he's bought himself his present.

Yeah, I've been looking at those, too. Such a wide variety!

I took up smokin' this summer. ;) I consider the smoker/grill to be the outdoor equivilent of a crock pot. Heat it up, toss on meat, check the temps and add charcoal or wood chips every so often, go about your business, enjoy food.

We have a simple smoker/grill. It's got the smaller box on one end for smoking with a larger area for grilling. Usually runs about $150 at the big box stores. We've had ours for nearly ten years and it works great.

Okay, you need to come pick one out for me, that's a great price, and the ones I keep looking at are a lot more...

I had a few ideas but he bought them on his own.... I'm thinking of gun supplies and a shooting range gift certificate. Not sure yet. He wants to know my ideas, for me, soon & I really don't have any.

I may end up doing something like this.