Menu

Got The Receptionist To Cough Up!

JUST HEARD FROM THE RECEPTIONIST!

She started babbling at me about coming in for HcG testing every 3 days, booking an u/s in 7 days...I informed her that an u/s was already booked for the 16th, explained the issues w/transportation, and frankly, demanded the results.

SHE COUGHED THEM UP.

I went from 252 to 639!!!!!

So, judging by that, there's no WAY it should be ectopic! HcG levels being extremely low and NOT doubling is a hallmark of ectopic pregnancy!

JUST HEARD FROM THE RECEPTIONIST!

She started babbling at me about coming in for HcG testing every 3 days, booking an u/s in 7 days...I informed her that an u/s was already booked for the 16th, explained the issues w/transportation, and frankly, demanded the results.

SHE COUGHED THEM UP.

I went from 252 to 639!!!!!

So, judging by that, there's no WAY it should be ectopic! HcG levels being extremely low and NOT doubling is a hallmark of ectopic pregnancy!

That's great for you! Always demand a written copy of any test results. You want records.

Wonderful news. Baby is coming!

Yay!!!!! Boo gets a close in age playmate!!!

And don't forget the trailer is about to be history. Things are definitely looking up! And I was just thinking, you don't have to worry like ladies in the US about getting pg in between jobs (and insurance) and having to pay the bill!

Thanks everyone!

I did some checking, and apparently, 17% of ectopics *do* double normally, which completely contradicts what I'd been told before.

Even still, I'm feeling a LOT more reassured than before.

I wish the 16th would hurry up and get here, so we'd know once and for all what's going on! :lol:

Thanks everyone!

I did some checking, and apparently, 17% of ectopics *do* double normally, which completely contradicts what I'd been told before.

I wish the 16th would hurry up and get here, so we'd know once and for all what's going on! :lol:

D*rn you, Gooogle!

Seriously, try not to sweat it. Sounds like great news so far. No need to go searching for more worries. ;)

Congrats, btw. That's awesome.

Thanks everyone!

it is true. My 2nd one doubled, then stalled, then tripled.

try not to worry. Easier said then done, I know. It is too bad that you can't get in earlier than the 16th for a u/s. It's a long time to wait.

it is true. My 2nd one doubled, then stalled, then tripled.

try not to worry. Easier said then done, I know. It is too bad that you can't get in earlier than the 16th for a u/s. It's a long time to wait.

yeah, but given the tech figured I was 3, *maybe* (she stressed the maybe) 4 wks on Thurs, there's just no point in having another one before the 16th, b/c the chances of them being able to see anything are extremely slim. 5 wks and a few days seems to be the earliest, so that wouldn't be til the wk of the 16th anyways.

Yeah, I read the same statistic about sometimes they still double. I was crying waiting for the u/s and the OB was like, "Your numbers look great!" Dh told him about my stupid google session and he said that was pretty rare.

That u/s was so reassuring. I think I was about 6 or 7w when they did mine. I saw the HB right away and the first place he checked was my tube. When he said all clear I almost jumped up and down. Which would have been awkward since you know it was an early u/s and all.... :tongue_smilie:

Just had my (almost) 10w u/s and the baby was trying to wave at us with his nubby little arm.

I've been praying for you all weekend. The waiting is the worst. I will continue praying, but try to breath easier now. I am really excited for you!

yeah, but given the tech figured I was 3, *maybe* (she stressed the maybe) 4 wks on Thurs, there's just no point in having another one before the 16th, b/c the chances of them being able to see anything are extremely slim. 5 wks and a few days seems to be the earliest, so that wouldn't be til the wk of the 16th anyways.

that is true. If you were three weeks on the 1st, you wouldn't be five weeks until 15th. I usually get an u/s 10 days after my BFP and then we have seen something. You couldn't remember when your last AF was, right? That happened with my last pregnancy. Made it quite confusing as just a few days can make a huge difference in what you can see.

Yeah, I read the same statistic about sometimes they still double. I was crying waiting for the u/s and the OB was like, "Your numbers look great!" Dh told him about my stupid google session and he said that was pretty rare.

That u/s was so reassuring. I think I was about 6 or 7w when they did mine. I saw the HB right away and the first place he checked was my tube. When he said all clear I almost jumped up and down. Which would have been awkward since you know it was an early u/s and all.... :tongue_smilie:

Just had my (almost) 10w u/s and the baby was trying to wave at us with his nubby little arm.

I've been praying for you all weekend. The waiting is the worst. I will continue praying, but try to breath easier now. I am really excited for you!

I'm cautiously relieved, lol! Until the 16th, I'm not going to be able to really breathe easily. So much better before google revealed that some keep dlbing :glare:

that is true. If you were three weeks on the 1st, you wouldn't be five weeks until 15th. I usually get an u/s 10 days after my BFP and then we have seen something. You couldn't remember when your last AF was, right? That happened with my last pregnancy. Made it quite confusing as just a few days can make a huge difference in what you can see.

Yeah, really not sure about the LMP. Either last wk of Sept/first wk Oct.