Menu

How old were you when you got married?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We grew up a couple of mile apart and went to Kindergaren together. He the went to a Catholic gradeschool a few blocks from the public gradeschool I went to. When I was in 3rd grade, our elementary burned to the ground and he remembers that their whole school stopped and prayed for us.

We met our Junior year of Highschool and started dating the following year. September will be our 33rd anniversary!

We have a group of friends from Highschool who all began dating the same time we did. They are celebrating 31,32, and 34 years of marriage this summer! We try to get together every New Year's Eve when my hubby and I make it back to Minnesota for the Holidays.

What fun memories!

At 26. He was 33, and I really felt the difference in our ages the first few years and in our experience levels. He had been married before, widowed, and a single parent. He was an adult in ways I wasn't.

I was terrified getting married at 26 and was very anxious that I would hate having to live with a roommate the rest of my life. I guess low expectations are good, because marriage has been a very pleasant surprise over all:)

I was 19; he was 20. We'd been in the same church for 2-3 yrs but never dated, never alone together. We were engaged for 3 mos, & we've been married 9 yrs now.

Dh is so great, even my grmothers & grgrmothers will openly admit jealousy. Wow. (If only they didn't take it out on me, lol!)

I was 29 almost 30 and he was 32 almost 33 and we have been married for 19years.

We have been married 3 times to each other :D We did a civil ceremony first, then 3 months later a church wedding, and when I left for Saudi we had another because our wedding bans are inscribed on the outside in Hebrew and so my wedding ban was a security risk and he bought me a ban just to wear in Saudi :) Had the new wedding ban ceremony in our pastor's office. I reckon that knot is tied down hard :001_tt1:

I was 23 dh was 26. We dated 1 year and engaged 6months before getting married. We just celebrated out 18th wedding anniversary in May. We have and have always had a strong marriage with a few bumps along the way as we adjusted to life changes of moves, children etc.

I was 26, he was 32. It will be 16 years in October. We've been through most everything we said we stay together for in the vows, sickness, health, richer, and poorer, so I guess it's real love.

Oh we dated 3 months before we were engaged, got married 18 months later.