Menu

I think the MOST DELICIOUS food in the world is...

Tabbolli. I could eat it every day. With plenty of parsley and a bit of mint.

Mmmmmmmm. Me, too. I'm down for anything Mediterranean / Middle Eastern.

Right now, my answer is the homemade strawberry cheesecake ice cream I have firming up in the freezer. :D

Except for chocolate... :)

Cabbage rolls. I crave them. I can almost taste them, right now, and my mouth is watering. The ones I like come from a Syrian steakhouse. A sandwich shop (owned by Syrians or Lebanese???) use to make yummy ones, but quit. He said few people bought them. I looked up a recipe. They are a LOT of work. sigh

I wish mine was all healthy and holy like yours all our.

Mine? Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies. I could eat a box a day. But I don't. :glare:

My second choice is actually a nice mixed salad- spinach, baby greens, cucumbers, bell peppers of all colors, boiled eggs, with a little bleu cheese (not the dressing) or feta if I'm being healthy. I don't like any dressings at all, so I feel pretty good when I eat it. I just wish someone else would prepare it for me.

At home:

dates stuffed with a bit of blue cheese

(today... I'll probably have a different answer tomorrow)

Out:

Ike's Vietnamese Fish Sauce Wings, from Pok Pok down the street

(this never changes... they're that good... and this is technically at home because it's take-out)

hmmmm... I have a lot of favorites.

A delicious beef steak grilled with Head Country BBQ sauce to go with. Has to be Head Country - no other BBQ sauce will do.

Cheesecake or tapioca pudding

fresh picked wild strawberries with sugar for dipping

Blue bell ice cream - any flavor

beef and broccoli or chicken and broccoli

burbon chicken

Quinoa tabouleh (or with the bulgar, I just love it)

chicken gyro with plenty of tzatziki, really good falafels and some dolmas

Tikka Masala

Steak, cooked perfectly

That spicy Thai soup with lemongrass...I see it called different things, usually Tom Yum. I love it.

Edited by Sis

Except for chocolate... :)

Cabbage rolls. I crave them. I can almost taste them, right now, and my mouth is watering. The ones I like come from a Syrian steakhouse. A sandwich shop (owned by Syrians or Lebanese???) use to make yummy ones, but quit. He said few people bought them. I looked up a recipe. They are a LOT of work. sigh

Look for a recipe for a crockpot version. You can layer stuff rather than rolling them into rolls. I have done it both ways and love it.

That sounds yummy.
Mmmm hmmm.

Tonight I'm making my kids' all-time favourite meal: pork kielbasa and white basmati rice done in the rice cooker. They even ask for it for birthdays and holidays, and it takes all of about 5 minutes prep (washing the rice and slicing the kielbasa).

I think my very favorite food would have to be scallops. I love, love, love them. They can be cooked in butter, bacon wrapped, or any other way and they are so good.

I also like crab cakes, subs, stuffing, and kettle cooked chips. Those are some of my go to foods when I want to treat myself or need some comfort food.

Can't pick just one. As my thighs will attest. :glare:

Of the things not mentioned yet: I seriously love, love, love Hot and Sour Soup. When it's done right that is. Nothing is better when I have a cold.

Junk food has to be those Tom's Hot Fries. Oy, those things are addicting! Can't buy 'em.

Doners from a little shop run by a Turkish family in the town I lived in for three years in Germany. Hot flatbread, turkey doner meat, feta/bell pepper mix, red cabbage, tomatoes, and the most divine tzatziki I have ever eaten.

Smashed perfectly ripe avocado on a good seedy bread with a dash of salt.

DH's grilled steak. I can't even order steak when we go out anymore because no one else cooks it so well. :001_wub:

I just started making my own Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing and now I just look for things to eat it on :) It is delicious on everything.

Next would be Zesty Cauliflower ( cauliflower baked in a mayo/spicy brown mustard dressing and covered in cheese).

In the sweet department, eith frozen homemade Puppy Chow made with Wheat Chex or Cookie Dough Cheesecake.

Well, my favorite foods are most people's most-hated foods: peppery greens, beets, mushrooms, asparagus, homegrown raw tomatoes...stuff like that.

I have a serious addiction to stuffed grape leaves.

I also love really good vanilla/butter flavors, esp. ice cream and shortbread.

Edited by Alphabetika

Greek food. Don't get between me and a plate of gyro or moussaka or stuffed grape leaves or...

Our Costco sometimes carries jumbo-traypacks of stuffed grape leaves. I know, I know, they're mass-produced. But I will not confess how quickly I can power through the whole thing. I seriously lose all willpower.

Thai, Indian, and Mexican

All of it. :D

I think it's the cilantro. I could make myself a salad of cilantro and be happy.

Try making cilantro pesto! I can't speak from experience because I can't stand cilantro myself, but I've heard it can be made into a nice pesto for chicken or beef or, in your case, dipping anything into.....?

My top two food experiences were a lamb and pomegranate juice casserole I cooked at home and a licorice creme brulee with rhubarb and mint I had at a restaurant. The host at the restaurant was delighted that they'd provided one of my top two food experiences and looked disappointed that my other was home cooked. He looked like he was about to rush out the door in search of it!

Generally speaking, I really like seaweed and wish I ate more of it. I need a new cookbook. The one I had has gone walkabout. :(

Rosie

My top two food experiences were a lamb and pomegranate juice casserole I cooked at home and a licorice creme brulee with rhubarb and mint I had at a restaurant. The host at the restaurant was delighted that they'd provided one of my top two food experiences and looked disappointed that my other was home cooked. He looked like he was about to rush out the door in search of it!

Generally speaking, I really like seaweed and wish I ate more of it. I need a new cookbook. The one I had has gone walkabout. :(

Rosie

That is the most unusual combination I've heard. The lamb and pomegranite juice sounds wonderful.

That is the most unusual combination I've heard.

The rhubarb and mint weren't mixed in. :p They were served as a side fruit salad. I didn't even know rhubarb could be nice. When my mother cooked it, it set my teeth on edge. These were cut into batons and not stewed, which was the only way I'd ever had it.

Rosie