Menu

I need a hug, my heart is aching!

We have 5 adopted children, ranging in age from almost 9 years old to 18 months. The youngest two are siblings, as are the oldest two. A half hour ago a social worker called and said the little girls b-mom had a baby last week and they wanted to place him with us. This was not unexpected. We had wind that she was pregnant, so DH and I have had a couple months to discuss this, pray about it, think about it, etc. We had to say "no". I'm crying right now. I don't want to say "no", but there's just no way. I am completely overwhelmed as it is, our house is too small, our baby is too young and she's getting very active. I am in agreement with DH that it would not be in my best interests, or the best interests of our other children, etc. etc. But.... I wanted this baby. I really did.

And it really hurts!

:grouphug: You have a big heart, and have already done so much for the children you all adopted. I pray for peace and a loving home for the baby.

I hope that someday they can get to know each other.

I have seen this happen with a family who has 6: 3 children of their own and 3 adopted, in a loving home who have several siblings..who had to be placed in other homes..:grouphug::grouphug: They have a small home, but big hearts too!

Edited by TGHEALTHYMOM

I know how you feel so lots of :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

When we went to pick up our sib group of 4 in 2008, we were told that Mom had another baby and if anything went wrong they would call us first. I hope that option never happens b/c I couldn't do it either. That thought makes me sick too. Give those other 5 precious ones extra hugs and kisses for awhile.