Menu

Those of you who have been praying for my baby sister...

We learned yesterday that the cancer has spread to her brain. They are testing her spinal cord fluid. She gets the results tomorrow. The cancer spreading there is pretty much a worst case scenario situation. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks, everyone. :grouphug:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Oh, honey, I'm so sorry.

What is her name?

Her name is Judith. Thanks, everyone, I truly appreciate it.

I'm so very, very sorry.

Someone very dear to me suffered with a brain tumor. Please pm me if you want to talk about that.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Thanks, I'll be in touch soon. In her case, this is breast cancer that has metastasized to the brain.

I am debating whether and when I should go home for a couple of months. I wish I knew what to do. It's hard being so far away.

Thanks, I'll be in touch soon. In her case, this is breast cancer that has metastasized to the brain.

I am debating whether and when I should go home for a couple of months. I wish I knew what to do. It's hard being so far away.

I can completely relate. It is so difficult living far from family in times like this. I lost my older sister in 2002 from brain cancer and my mother in 2005 from colon cancer. All the while, I lived 900 miles away. It was torturous. In my experience, it was worth it to go home as often as possible. Let her know that she is worth the effort of you returning. I don't know that I would go for months, but I would definitely make the trip as much as possible.

My heart breaks for you and your sister. I pray for strength for all of you in what you are about to face.

I'm very sorry and my thoughts are with your family :grouphug::grouphug:.

I don't think you'll regret going home.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I am so, so sorry -- praying for a miracle for Judith!

And I agree with the others who have posted that you should go and spend some time with her if it is at all possible. You will never regret going, but you may very well suffer from years of guilty feelings if you could have gone, but didn't. (I'm not trying to make you feel badly about it if you can't go, but I just don't want you to be upset with yourself if your sister doesn't get the miracle she needs.)

I can completely relate. It is so difficult living far from family in times like this. I lost my older sister in 2002 from brain cancer and my mother in 2005 from colon cancer. All the while, I lived 900 miles away. It was torturous. In my experience, it was worth it to go home as often as possible. Let her know that she is worth the effort of you returning. I don't know that I would go for months, but I would definitely make the trip as much as possible.

My heart breaks for you and your sister. I pray for strength for all of you in what you are about to face.

:iagree:

My MIL had terminal brain cancer (from malignant melanoma) and we dropped everything for 4 months to be at her side. We drove 11 hours to live with them in another state with few hindrances like homeschooling. Looking back on the experience, I can say it was the best decision we made. MIL got to see her only grandchild. Everyone came during the months for a brief visit to say their goodbyes like her relatives and surviving brother. I say please visit if Mrs. Mungo can do so. Just the morale support for her family will mean so much to them.