Menu

Please pray for Jean in Newcastle

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I drag myself out of bed (and yes it was dragging) and I see Roughcollie's not so subtle message to call the doctor! I just got off the phone with the doctor's office. My doctor isn't in today but they got me in with his colleague. The doctor's office is 45 min. away so I'm going to have to get this achy tired body to hurry up and get ready. (I have another doctor closer but this office is the one I go to when I want the "big guns".) Thank you for all your prayers. I hope that this doctor listens and that I do a good job of explaining all that is going on.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Praying for you, Jean! I hope the doctor can give you some answers and some help.

And thanks, RC, for being such a good friend to Jean.

Praying for you Jean! May feel better, openly tell the doctor what is going on, and my your doctor treat you properly. Please listen to RC... it sounds like she knows what she's talking about & minimizing things isn't good when you need medical attention. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

OH, goodness! I have been mia for a while... busy working on some dreams in my life... I am so sorry to see this!

***Jean!*** I am so fond of you and am praying for you today and will be checking in again. Hope you get some answers and relief and rebound. :grouphug:***

After the doctor update:

My bp was up there too. So was my pulse rate.

The doctor: honed in on the bp and nothing else. When I tried to tell him about the achiness, swollen lymph nodes, etc. he dismissed it by saying "that's systemic stuff." Yeah, well my body is a systemic body so it makes sense to put everything together into context. The good thing is that I talked him into doing some blood tests - including a couple for systemic stuff that I've wanted to have for a while. I have an appointment with my doctor in 2 weeks to talk this all over.

The lab: I am what is known as a "hard stick". I drank like a fish (but only water:D) before I went to the lab so that they could get some blood out of this turnip. The lab technician told me all about how she's new to this lab and doesn't know how to use these types of needles and how confused she is by the new system. It took her ten minutes but she finally got some blood out of me and she didn't go digging with the needle in my arm, so I'm thankful.

I'm home. I'm still achy. I'm still tired. The kids get school off (except for a couple of assignments that they did in the waiting room). I've already warned them that they are going to help me get caught up in laundry and housework since I"ve gotten behind because of the way I'm feeling. My ds14 doesn't seem to understand that when mom's bp is up, it isn't the best time to try and push mom's buttons on purpose as a joke.

After the doctor update:

My bp was up there too. So was my pulse rate.

The doctor: honed in on the bp and nothing else. When I tried to tell him about the achiness, swollen lymph nodes, etc. he dismissed it by saying "that's systemic stuff." Yeah, well my body is a systemic body so it makes sense to put everything together into context. The good thing is that I talked him into doing some blood tests - including a couple for systemic stuff that I've wanted to have for a while. I have an appointment with my doctor in 2 weeks to talk this all over.

The lab: I am what is known as a "hard stick". I drank like a fish (but only water:D) before I went to the lab so that they could get some blood out of this turnip. The lab technician told me all about how she's new to this lab and doesn't know how to use these types of needles and how confused she is by the new system. It took her ten minutes but she finally got some blood out of me and she didn't go digging with the needle in my arm, so I'm thankful.

I'm home. I'm still achy. I'm still tired. The kids get school off (except for a couple of assignments that they did in the waiting room). I've already warned them that they are going to help me get caught up in laundry and housework since I"ve gotten behind because of the way I'm feeling. My ds14 doesn't seem to understand that when mom's bp is up, it isn't the best time to try and push mom's buttons on purpose as a joke.

I am so sad that you are ill again. :grouphug:

And they wonder why you look at them oddly and ask why you should let them practice on you???

Hope you get some answers and get to feeling well! :grouphug:

The doctor: honed in on the bp and nothing else. When I tried to tell him about the achiness, swollen lymph nodes, etc. he dismissed it by saying "that's systemic stuff."

:confused::confused::confused:

I don't understand why he wouldn't be concerned about the achiness and swollen lymph nodes. Even if he assumed you'd be achy because you're tired and not feeling well, the swollen lymph nodes are an actual, physical symptom that he can see and feel, so I would have thought he would have wanted to investigate to see what's going on. It sounds to me like your body is trying to fight something, and if there's some sort of infection somewhere, shouldn't he be trying to find it so he can treat it?

The good thing is that I talked him into doing some blood tests - including a couple for systemic stuff that I've wanted to have for a while. I have an appointment with my doctor in 2 weeks to talk this all over.

You can probably call next week for your lab results, even if your appointment isn't for 2 weeks. You're feeling lousy. Two weeks is too long to wait to get some answers and find a treatment.

At least the tech was nice and didn't dig around for the vein. That hurts!!!

Did the doctor give you any kind of medication to try to help you feel better while you're waiting for the lab results?

I'm so sorry you're feeling so lousy again. :(

:confused::confused::confused:

I don't understand why he wouldn't be concerned about the achiness and swollen lymph nodes. Even if he assumed you'd be achy because you're tired and not feeling well, the swollen lymph nodes are an actual, physical symptom that he can see and feel, so I would have thought he would have wanted to investigate to see what's going on. It sounds to me like your body is trying to fight something, and if there's some sort of infection somewhere, shouldn't he be trying to find it so he can treat it?

You can probably call next week for your lab results, even if your appointment isn't for 2 weeks. You're feeling lousy. Two weeks is too long to wait to get some answers and find a treatment.

At least the tech was nice and didn't dig around for the vein. That hurts!!!

Did the doctor give you any kind of medication to try to help you feel better while you're waiting for the lab results?

I'm so sorry you're feeling so lousy again. :(

Dh came home and I told him the story. His comment on the doctor was very succinct. "He's an idiot." ;)

I don't know enough about blood pressure etc. to know for sure, but I'm thinking that my electrolytes are messed up. My blood pressure is not high all the time. Just occasionally after an especially hard work out it goes wonky for a few days. I'm thinking that the hard work out messes up my electrolytes. Dh thinks so too. I'm taking potassium etc. right now to try and remedy that. So if that is indeed the case, hopefully that will make me feel better. I also think that I have a sinus infection so I'm taking stuff to take care of that. I'm thinking that if my bp is down when I go to the doctor in two weeks that I won't have to go on medication for my blood pressure. At least it would seem silly to me to do so unless he's able to convince me otherwise!

As to the blood draw thing, I don't know why but I seem to have the kind of face/demeanor that causes people to confide their problems in me. Normally I don't mind, but it's hard to have confidence in someone who's coming at you with a needle just after having confided all that to you!

Other than that, I'll just have to wait the two weeks to see if the blood tests showed up any additional problems. I hope not but I don't think it hurts to have as much information as possible to go on.