Menu

Pampered Chef

PIE!

I used to sell PC and there are things that I love and things that I can seriously do without. What are you looking for? I use my santoku knife (7" one) every day, and I really like the paring knives that are in the same product line as the santoku. I love the stoneware, the cookware and the cutting board with the integrated measuring cups. I also love my scrapers and spatulas, my big and small batter bowls and the stainless steel bowls.

Most of what I have are old, though, because I quit selling about 4 or 5 years ago. I don't use my food chopper much any more but I have friends who earned the manual food processor and LOVE it - dunno if I would spend $50 for it, though.

Some of the gadget-y stuff I can do without, though.

Is there something in particular you're looking for?

Their knives are really good. I have one w/ a self sharpening case that I use all the time. I love the quick-stir pitchers, the stackable cooling racks for cookies, and my favorite gadget is the little nylon scrapers! They work great on everything, not just stoneware!!

Oh, and I like the glass batter bowls that you can cook in. They come w/ a lid, and are so versatile!

They used to have a sandwich crimper that sealed the two pieces of bread together in a circle, and made it more like a pocket. DD loved this when she was younger--but you can't put it into the dishwasher, warning! I don't know whether they still have that or not.

I like their trivets, but I do not collect them.

I was very impressed when I tried the manual food processor--the amount of force needed to cut pretty dense veggies was impressively low. If you're looking to get off the grid, it's great. I already had a food processor or I would have seriously considered it, even at $50.

Thanks for the replies! And keep them coming! I'll look over them all with DH tonight and we'll decide what to get. We really need knives, so I thought that might be a good place to get them. Everything else is just gravy - but, hey, I like gravy.

I got married in 1997 and was horrified that my Mom decided to throw me a Pamper Chef bridal shower. Now, I am so glad she did. I still have almost everything that I was given. The pan set just wore out two years ago and had I kept my receipt I would have used the life time warranty to get a new set. Their stoneware is great, but I do not use it often since it isn't dishwasher safe. I also still have the bowls, all in one measuring cup, spatulas (LOVE those), knives, apple pealer, and many more. Their items are sometimes expensive, but well worth it since they last so long. Only thing I wasn't impressed with was the chip clips. They broke.

Edited by Cara in Ky

I use my batter bowls, santoku knife and scrapers(spatulas) every day. Love them!! I also have several pieces of the stoneware and use them often. I agree with previous poster regarding most of the gadget thingies. They are not necessarily better than something you could get in a store but they cost quite a bit more.

Have fun at the party!!

I love PC products!

You need all of their stoneware! :) The deep covered baker is wonderful for SO many recipes, and I have yet to make a bad batch of cookies on their stoneware cookie sheets.

We love the black microwave cookers, their bamboo line, the garlic press (a must have), their measuring cups/spoons, the classic batter bowl with cover, their can opener, hand chopper, steak knives (do not put them in the dishwasher), the mix & chop, and their mixing spoon/spatulas (can't think of their real name right now).

I use several PC products daily. They are handy, clever, and make cooking so much easier.

The items I use the most are as follows:

Scrapers

Batter bowls

Prep bowls - great for my portion control w/ snacks

Cutting boards

Can opener

Chip clips

Old style food chopper

I LOVED my 12" family skillet! I bought it before they had the lifetime warranty and it just finally wore out.

ETA: garlic press

STONEWARE! I waited many years to try the stoneware because I couldn't believe people would spend that kind of money when you could buy nonstick pans for a fraction of the price. Then I happened upon a few items at my local Goodwill for $10 each. Since then I've been kicking myself for not buying the cookie sheets and muffin pans when I first saw them! I finally got to use my new muffin pan today, and I was amazed at how cleanly the muffins lifted right out of the cups :001_wub: I actually have three dirty stoneware pans looking at my from my counter right now :lol:

I do use the batter bowls a lot (love the lids) even though they're not my favorites, aesthetically speaking. I also like the rubber scrapers. I got rid of my chopper in favor of chopping by hand because the thing never seemed to get clean in my dishwasher, and handwashing it was such a pain. I just bought a candy thermometer and silicone basting brush, but I haven't had occasion to use either one yet.

Have fun shopping!

I don't like my pampered chef knives. They don't hold a sharp edge, and the handle broke off of one of them. I just got some Henckels knives a few months ago and I love them.

I love the stoneware and use it constantly. I have pizza stones, baking dishes, loaf pans, cookie pans, and it all gets used regularly. I like the garlic press, citrus press, and can opener. The measuring cups and spoons with the sliding parts are just okay. They're not the first ones I reach for. The potholders are thick and I guarantee you will never burn yourself with them. But they're so big that sometimes they're awkward and they get in the food. The silicone mat for hot dishes is great - we use it almost daily.

I love all things Pampered Chef. All the stoneware rocks. One of my pans was 8 years old and busted in the oven...and they replaced it with no problem! I have too many products to list. Love their cutting boards, stone ware, mandolin slicer, chopper, cutting boards, garlic press.....

I am hosting a party next month to get the Magic Pot...its like a crockpot for your microwave that cooks food so fast! Everyone raves about it.

Have fun!!!

I like their spoonish-shaped rubber spatula. And garlic press (though I don't see how it's that much better than a regular, store-bought garlic press. I also have the large bar pan, but got rid of some of the other stoneware. I had the chopper and loved it at first. But it was a pain to clean, so eventually ai found myself avoiding using it. I eventually gave it away.

I love all things Pampered Chef. All the stoneware rocks. One of my pans was 8 years old and busted in the oven...and they replaced it with no problem! I have too many products to list. Love their cutting boards, stone ware, mandolin slicer, chopper, cutting boards, garlic press.....

I am hosting a party next month to get the Magic Pot...its like a crockpot for your microwave that cooks food so fast! Everyone raves about it.!

This is the Deep Covered Baker. it's great -- IF it fits in your microwave. It hasn't fit in our last two microwaves. Grrr

The 2 or 3 stoneware items I got broke. The cheese grater with crank was annoying to use.

I do like the batter bowl with pouring spout and lid. Very nice.

My MIL just had another party so I bought the prep bowls (SIL loves) and the plastic accordion frosting thingies. I figure DS7 will have a great time with those and they're dishwasher safe and less fiddly than pastry bags.

I've always had great customer service with PC. I just exchanged my knife set and got a new, wonderfully sharp one back in record time.

I love and use my stoneware daily. I have almost all of the stones...and two of the pizza ones. I love the fact that the stones keep items warm.

Other items:

chopper (I've never had a problem getting mine clean.)

spatulas/scraper

batter bowls

bread knife

twixit clips

nylon set (spoons and spatula)

bamboo spoons

cutting board

Love their can opener. It opens cans without leaving a sharp edge on the lid. VERY nice! I got mine after my 2yo pushed his finger down on the lid of a can I'd opened but left attached; the lid cut into his finger and because of the positioning we couldn't pull it out easily. Owchies -- it required a trip to ER.

Didn't like their foam soap dispenser at all.

I love there large and medium scoops, which I use to fill muffin tin and for cookies. I also love the pizza cutter and have had my for years. Excellent quality.

I didn't like the foam soap dispenser, (broke within 5 months) and the adjustable measuring spoons, (so easy to use but they melted in the dishwasher and become unusable).

I have a 9X13 stoneware which a sometimes use. A bit heavy so I perfer a normal Pyrex dish.

I also used to do PC parties to help pay the bills and got tons of it for myself.

I have mostly lost little knives and stones to my children and husband, but:

I really use my garlic press for many recipes and get organic garlic which goes a long way!

I also still use the tool holder, and have the serving spatula's, the rubber scraper that has lasted 10 + years!

And I use the deep dish rectangle stone for a lot of recipes ( cakes, roast,etc.)

The Oven mitt is great too, thick and heat resistant and it is long so I don't get burned anymore.

The apple /peeler/corer/slicer is great but only for small to medium apples.

I admit I try not to use the microwave very often, but the large and small micro- cooker's are great for melting butter and steaming veggies in a hurry.

There are many more great tools, but these are my fave's.

I love my rubber spatulas. I have two of the large ones. They are great for scrambling eggs, stirring sauces, and getting the last bit of batter out of a bowl.

I had a food chopper but it bit the dust and I replaced it with an Oxo.

I like my batter bowl with the lid. It is very sturdy.

Not a fan of the hand crank cheese grater. Makes a mess.

I have a few serving platters and bamboo bowls that I like as well.

I do not hate the stoneware like some previous posters. I have a few pieces and they are OK. Kohl's has stoneware that is a bit less expensive.

Personally I would not get their cookware because I am not a huge fan of non-stick. I'd rather have stainless steel and a few iron skillets.

Love Pampered Chef!!

The thing I use almost daily, 1 cup prep bowl set. I actually have two sets of them because we kept running out.

We also got the potato chip maker and that is a lot of fun.

All the stoneware is great. The chopper is wonderful. You just cannot go wrong with their stuff.

I used to sell Pampered Chef, and have a lot of their catalog. :) I think my favorite items are the rubber spatulas, the batter bowls, the food chopper, the ice cream scoop....(I will think of more as soon as I submit this post..) I had a pizza stone break on me, but I use their larger stoneware baking dishes almost daily.

I have one of their spatula's and I use it all the time. It's a larger one and since I love to bake I use it constantly, It scrapes a bowl clean. I purchased my sister the cooking stone set for a wedding gift. she really likes it. Lastly, I have one of their knives nothing special, it's okay, looses it's sharpness like all others although it came with a holder with built in sharpener.

I use my stoneware ALL the time. LOVE it. I use the cookie sheets and the square bakers the most (8x8, 9x9). I was given a couple of HUGE pans - like for roasting a turkey - which I don't often use.

I use the mini spatula ALL the time and they are pretty cheap. I need more of these!

I love my green knife I bought a few years back. Use it all the time.

The cheese knife is DI.VINE. I use it all the time for slicing cheese. It rocks.

I don't love the oil spray thingy. It got greasy and nasty and I threw it out.

I also don't love the cookbooks anymore because they use A LOT of pre-made things (biscuits in the tube, bread in the tube, crescent rolls in the tube...) and we don't eat those any more. When we ate those - the cookbooks were great.

The cheese grating thing like at Olive Garden was a fail for me also, as were the bread tube things. Though, I think now I'd try the tube again with homemade dough.... I don't even know if they still sell those tubes! LOL!!

Overall I've been please with my stuff.

The shows help you feel a need to get a product.

If you cannot articulate a need for a product before you go to the show, you may end up buying something that you want in the moment, but then will not likely use very much.

Just sit down in your kitchen and think about what is currently broken or not working well, or a tool that you have long wanted--then find what you might need at the show. :001_smile: I think it's a good idea to fill out an order form but wait a few days to complete the order. You may make better decisions for your kitchen and budget when you are not under party-pressure.

If you must buy something at a show so that you can get rid of that "I must buy something to support my friend" feeling, (and you know what I am talking about) then get the vegetable peeler. It's a really good peeler and one of the least expensive items. :001_smile: It's always nice to have 2 peelers, isn't it?

I used to buy PC because either the items weren't available elsewhere, or they were more expensive. In recent years though, I've found that I can get as good or better quality gadgets and tools for less money than Pampered Chef.

That said, I do have some things I've had for years and love. The spatulas, bamboo utensils, and pizza cutter are my favorites. Dh loves the chopper, but I find it easier and less messy to just use a knife. I had the apple peeler corer slicer, but never used it, so I got rid of it. I hate the garlic press. I had a lot of Pampered Chef gadgets that I gave away over the years. Many of them are one-use gadgets and take up room in the kitchen. I prefer multi-use kitchen tools, as opposed to gadgets.

I do like my stoneware, but don't consider it good quality. I've been gradually replacing it with Old Oven stoneware.

Can you tell I'm not the fan of Pampered Chef that I once was? :tongue_smilie:

A friend of mine is hosting a pampered chef party. Any must-haves? How are their knives? Anything else I should look at?

Thanks!

I just got the set of 3 flexible cutting boards and LOVE them. Skid proof back, easy to funnel food after it is chopped and they are color coded so you can have one for meats and the other two for not meats. :D

I also love my stones. I have a medium bar pan, a square pizza pan, a nice roasting pan with a lid, and a mini loaf set (4 minis in one ). All of those I just listed are stone.

I am coveting the stainless steel bowl set with lids....but VERY expensive.

I just had a party and I'm going to get the pizza pan with handles (stone)

I don't have the knives, but I would like too. They seem awesome.