Menu

Where do I go to tender my resignation?

I am so tired. Of being disrespected. Of being overworked. Underpaid. Striving to get crap done while hauling them everywhere (One now gets carsick). Of being the bad guy. The enforcer. The witch. The mean mom. The cooker of yuck. The unpaid (albeit inefficient) housekeeper, nurse, laundress and chef. And the one who always hears "You're the teacher, do what you think is best." Best? Do you REALLY want to know what I think is best? Better not go there. You might just find out!:smash: :cursing:

:rant:

I don't know, but when you find it, let me in on the address, will ya? I've had it today.

My dh is working a bazillion hours a week right now, and I'm over it. Every last dang-gone thing is my responsibility, and I don't even get to spend time with my husband to boot.

Forget it.

I quit, too.

I am so tired. Of being disrespected. Of being overworked. Underpaid. Striving to get crap done while hauling them everywhere (One now gets carsick). Of being the bad guy. The enforcer. The witch. The mean mom. The cooker of yuck. The unpaid (albeit inefficient) housekeeper, nurse, laundress and chef. And the one who always hears "You're the teacher, do what you think is best." Best? Do you REALLY want to know what I think is best? Better not go there. You might just find out!:smash: :cursing:

I don't know, but when you find it, let me in on the address, will ya? I've had it today.

My dh is working a bazillion hours a week right now, and I'm over it. Every last dang-gone thing is my responsibility, and I don't even get to spend time with my husband to boot.

Forget it.

I quit, too.

Can we all notify the union of our complaints????? I SOOOO hear you BOTH!!!! EVERYTHING is MY responsibility. UGH.......

:grouphug: I'm sorry. I feel for you. I'm right there. Last week I really worried DH because I refused to get out of bed and he said I muttered, from under the covers, "Yesterday was a horrible day, we have horrible children and I hate homeschooling. I refuse to get out of bed." I eventually did get up. But I did have him worried for a while.

:grouphug: I'm sorry. I feel for you. I'm right there. Last week I really worried DH because I refused to get out of bed and he said I muttered, from under the covers, "Yesterday was a horrible day, we have horrible children and I hate homeschooling. I refuse to get out of bed." I eventually did get up. But I did have him worried for a while.

:lol:

I don't mean to laugh.... but I feel your pain. :)

I hear you.:grouphug: My seven year old is sucking the life out of me as we speak. My 10.5 year old is copping a major 'tude lately. I am taking my adult beverage(s) and going to my room by myself with strict orders to be left alone. Even the dog is being clingy and needy this evening.:glare:

I won't even start on the adult beverages. I may well never stop.

My 10 yr old, mild aspie has been 'off' all week. She had a 'hitting herself' spell every day last week. My 7 yr old wants nothing more than to be just like big sister. And now we're almost back to Monday. And the roller coaster ride starts all over again.

I have a 4 year old. I'm 7 months pregnant. And my husband is working on his PhD 7 days a week. For the past week or two he leaves before we wake up and comes home for dinner, leaves again, and comes home for the night around midnight.

I'm over it, too.

It's that time of year again!!!!! February is just around the corner and homeschool moms are in revolt. I was going to say "homeschool moms are revolting", but that just didn't sound right. :lol:

:lol:

:iagree:

It is just around the corner. Luckily for me dh is going away for a bit.

I hate to bust your bubble, but I have been informed that resignations are not being accepted. Oh, and there is no union, Jennifer! :lol:

THat's what they keep telling me. I have been trying to quit for a while now. I want to switch places with some of you though. At least you on occasion get your husband home even if he is not helping in the way you would like. Mar 1 marks 11 years of single parenting for me, I've been over being the only one responsible for everything for a very long time.

I'm thinking we should all have a week long well trained mom training every January on the beach leaving our precious cherubs at home with husband or anyone else.:grouphug:

Oh, man! Sign me up! Sign me up!!! (Can we deduct that from our taxes and call it an "Educational Conference?"

This is my life lately it seems. There are days I don't know whether to cry or just laugh at the ridiculousness of it!

I'm thinking we should all have a week long well trained mom training every January on the beach leaving our precious cherubs at home with husband or anyone else.:grouphug:

As wonderful as this sounds :tongue_smilie:, there is no way I could make it to a beach, at least not a warm one.

However ...

Forget it.

I quit, too.

Can we all notify the union of our complaints????? I SOOOO hear you BOTH!!!! EVERYTHING is MY responsibility. UGH.......

I think we all live within an hour or two of one another!

[You don't "know" me, but I'm a multi-year lurker :D and feel as though I've gotten to "know" you over the years! :blush: Hey, I just noticed I'm a nurse bee ... it's only taken me 4 years here at the new boards and 2 years of zero posts at the old. :tongue_smilie:]

I can relate all too well. To add to the pleasantness of my life, I am also a realtor and I manage our rental, which is now being renovated. After teaching Sunday School and going to Mass, I did an open house and showed two houses to two different clients. I got home and started making dinner at 6. Twin A informed me that Twin B and dh got into an argument. This is nothing unusual. Dh came to me about 30 minutes ago to tell me that he and Twin B had an argument. I informed him that Twin A had already tattled and that I had already addressed it with Twin B. I feel like I am managing 2 teenagers and neither one is a teenager (Twin B is 10 and dh is 51). I am very ready for a solitary vacation...............

Cin,

On bad days I know what you mean. I'm very thankful for the good days we have.

Do you have any support? Is there someone with whom you could co-op? A friend would take your girls one day a week and you could take their kids the other week and alternate? I did this a couple of years ago and it was good for me and my dd!

I feel ya. My DH is also working long long hours. Plus, I am due very soon, he could come any time now and there is no more room for him in the inn! Between the children acting up, my DH being gone all the time, and the constant contractions... I want a vaca stat!

Oh and the house looks like crap and DS 3yo dumped out an entire (brand new) bottle of stain remover and half a bottle of detergent down the sink. He apparently figured out a way to reach the high up shelf. Yipee. :glare:

Oh sweet Jesus! If only that darn office was open!

Dh is working his 4th night in a row. 6pm-6am. He works again tomorrow night. My kids go ape-poop crazy when he is on nights. I taught Sunday School to moody 6th-8th graders today. We got to church at 8:30 and didn't get home until 1:00. My kids just took over 2 hours to do dishes. I never knew doing dishes could be so LOUD and violent.

:grouphug: Rum kinda helps.

I've been feeling like this for two days now. I've been hiding out every evening in my room working on an afghan...If I have to tell one more person to stay out of anothers business, leave each other alone, do what your told, Yes! I do mean what I say.... I'm going to scream... :glare:

If I can't resign, then how does one get fired? I can't keep my house clean, my laundry done, my kids schooled, my weight watched, healthy meals cooked and so on. I feel like a failure at EVERYTHING!!!

The weekends are no different than the week-I'm still trying to do it all. Meanwhile, the rest of the family has a relaxing weekend-including the spouse who has permanent butt marks on the couch.

I am glad someone reminded me about Feb. I've been homeschooling for years and you think I'd remember how that affects the desire to throw in the towel.

I think we all live within an hour or two of one another!

[You don't "know" me, but I'm a multi-year lurker :D and feel as though I've gotten to "know" you over the years! :blush: Hey, I just noticed I'm a nurse bee ... it's only taken me 4 years here at the new boards and 2 years of zero posts at the old. :tongue_smilie:]

Well chime in a bit more, Natalie, so we can all get to know you. :)

Funny enough, Jenninfer and I have never actually met. Though it does feel like we know each other IRL by now. You know how it is around here. We live probably less than 25 miles apart, but that can take and hour and a half to drive on a good day. :D

:grouphug:

I felt the same way several years ago...had enough!...I went on strike. No cooking (except for me) no cleaning (except my own things), I quit it all except doing school and we did it differently during that time. I laid out my complaints and what I expected. By the end of the first week they were a changed group of men. I literally had 4 males hovering over my dinner of broccoli and chicken (broccoli is something the men in my house believe is toxic). I held out for about 10 days. We sat down and I laid out the rules, had discussions on some, and then they all pitched in to get the house back to my standards. A few times since then I have had to mention going on strike again but never had to.

The weekends are no different than the week-I'm still trying to do it all. Meanwhile, the rest of the family has a relaxing weekend-including the spouse who has permanent butt marks on the couch.

Then the same butt-mark-making spouse comes down the basement, where you've been all day, vacuuming, dusting, and doing the giant mountain of laundry, and asks what you're making for dinner. Then proceeds to get huffy if you give his a less than pleasant location where he can go look to find his dinner! :lol:

I've been having a lot of those overworked, underpaid, underappreciated days around here lately, too.

A ton of :grouphug::grouphug::group hug: heading your way...I've been there and it isn't pretty. Hang in there!!!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Okay. Where is that beach???? I want to go NOW!!! We have one week until we go on vacation and I have so much to do I don't know how I'll have time to pack. Some of the kids are going to have to step it up!!!

HI!!!! So, where do you live? I'd love to plan a day to meet up with you! Bethany too! Maybe we could meet somewhere in Detroit? Of course, you all are welcome to come here too!!

I tried to resign. I did. I put in my notice before the holidays.

I printed out the forms to enroll the kid in school, called the local middle school and left a message asking for information, tossed my lesson plan print-outs for the remainder of the year . . .

But my husband talked me down from the ledge. Again. And so, here I am, still plugging along.

I'm ready for a vacation, too. But (no offense) I want to take mine with just me and my dog, in a nice cabin on a beach, with nothing to do but read and sleep . . .

A few years ago, I was having a tough time with the whole homeschooling thing. We were so extremely busy with stuff for the kids, and I was so tired. I actually put on the calendar for the first free moment two months ahead "Mom's Nervous Breakdown." The plan was that I would be able to get some free time that weekend to recover.

You know what happened? We got busy, and I forgot and missed my chance.

I'm still waiting for another one.

Well, this morning turned out just as expected. I forgot that I'm also a therapist; mental and occupational. FREE of charge. I wish I just got our CO_PAY for that crap.

Yes. I decided to try a new pencil grip correction method. Silly me. That plus the fact that I made CHILI for dinner, with <GASP> TOMATOES in it, sent DD10 over the edge. I finally gave her a xanax. I took the rest of the bottle :D j/k.

DH says, hey it's less than 100 days 'til vacation hon. Oh yay! A condo. with a washer and dryer. And a kitchen. Yeah, see where this is going?? And DISNEYWORLD. Where the anxious Sensory kid has breakdowns. Daily. I can't. freakin'. wait.