Menu

Wow - now THIS is crazy good news to share!

You have all been so faithful to encourage and pray for me, I have to share this TOTALLY wild story that happened today to my dd18.

Back story: although she got a wonderful scholarship to the college of her choice (private university), she's still $4K short of tuition. Now, for most folks, that's not bad - but when it's us, and we're dealing with long-term unemployment - it's yucky. She really didn't want to take out any loans to go through school, just this weekend she signed for a Perkins Loan of $3K, to pay the rest out of her earnings.

Fast forward. Today.

Phone rings. 9:15 a.m. It's a lady from a scholarship committee - she had been a finalist for a scholarship for women, from our state, with significant financial need, and exceptional academic potential. She got the "no thank you" letter in the spring, and we figured that was that.

But God.

"Hi, this is so-and-so from the such-and-such foundation. One of our recipients graduated a year early. Would you like a one-year scholarshp?"

Um. Gee. Let's think about that. . . .

YES!!!!!!!!!

And the amount?

Yup. $3K. Exactly what she had taken out a loan for. The loan that she is now submitting paperwork to cancel :D

So, in the midst of our sea of not-encouraging job news, this was just- wow. An incredible blessing.

Thanks for letting me share. :001_smile:

FANTASTIC! How wonderful. :)))

You have all been so faithful to encourage and pray for me, I have to share this TOTALLY wild story that happened today to my dd18.

Back story: although she got a wonderful scholarship to the college of her choice (private university), she's still $4K short of tuition. Now, for most folks, that's not bad - but when it's us, and we're dealing with long-term unemployment - it's yucky. She really didn't want to take out any loans to go through school, just this weekend she signed for a Perkins Loan of $3K, to pay the rest out of her earnings.

Fast forward. Today.

Phone rings. 9:15 a.m. It's a lady from a scholarship committee - she had been a finalist for a scholarship for women, from our state, with significant financial need, and exceptional academic potential. She got the "no thank you" letter in the spring, and we figured that was that.

But God.

"Hi, this is so-and-so from the such-and-such foundation. One of our recipients graduated a year early. Would you like a one-year scholarshp?"

YES!!!!!!!!!

And the amount?

Yup. $3K. Exactly what she had taken out a loan for. The loan that she is now submitting paperwork to cancel :D

So, in the midst of our sea of not-encouraging job news, this was just- wow. An incredible blessing.

Fast forward. Today.

But God.

YES!!!!!!!!!

And the amount?

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Fantastic news! God was working behind the scenes!