Menu

Clothing question 2 - jeans

How often are you in jeans  

1. 1. How often are you in jeans

• Every single day of the year. I don't own any other type of bottoms
    • I'll wear something besides jeans for Christmas and Easter (or your own high religious holidays)
    • In the summer (hot weather for your area) I'll wear something besides jeans
    • I wear jeans six days a week and something else for religious gatherings
    • I like to mix it up. I'll wear jeans a few times a week
    • I prefer other bottom clothing but will wear jeans about once a week
    • I don't own jeans
    • Other

Again, I'm realizing that I'm not mainstream when it comes to the SAHM "uniform." I wonder if there are others out there like me.

Jeans. I love my jeans. But I also love my slacks, my skirts, my capris, and on occasion my shorts.

How often do you wear jeans?

(Another poll coming. Stand by one.)

All day every day all winter. (well, almost). In the spring and fall, ditto. In the summer, I wear skirts mostly because they're cooler, and cause ya gotta wear 'em sometime, right? :lol:

Ditto for me. (Although, true confession time, today since I am packing and climbing a step ladder repeatedly while taking down curtains, I am wearing my jean capris instead of my usual summertime, floor-length skirt. :D)

I wear jeans if I go somewhere, but my "at home" outfit is shorts (usually tired comfy ones) for summer and I love love love my scrubs. I live in scrubs almost the entire year--you can add a turtle neck, or just an undershirt, or just the top. Cut off the legs and you have shorts. You can gain or lose 5lbs and not feel the difference (because they tie closed).

Thats me...scrubs and crocks.

Up to last year I would have said I wear them every day but since i made myself a couple of pairs of soft fleece trousers and stocked up on yoga pants and leggings I mostly wear those. Usually with a vest top and a long sleeved t shirt and a couple of jumpers(I am always cold even in summer).

I love skirts, love, love, love them, I think they are so feminine and pretty. So, I try to wear skirts when the weather is the least bit decent(and I can tolerate a fair amount of coolness). I do not like ankle length skirts though, personally I find them very unflattering(especially for me although they are sometimes fine on others)- I like past my knee- to mid calf length. So, in the winter since I don't like long skirts, tall boots, or hose I feel the need to pants or slacks. I sometimes wear shorts or capris, currently favoring knee length shorts. Sometimes I am just in the mood for jeans though. At home I have work skirts(too stained or worn for out of the house wear). I generally prefer not to wear jeans around the house as I find them harder to work in although last year I started trying to wear them more in the colder weather, but I would wear my baggier ones.

I wear denim probably 2-3 times each week (in the form of pants, shorts, or skirts - no jumpers or jeggings, thankyouverymuch!) I travel for work and always bring jean pants or shorts because they pack easily and well.

But if you mean jeans jeans (denim pants) then I'd say I wear them about once a week, all seasons. I'm usually bloated the day I get home from a work trip, and jeans hide that best LOL.

Jeans are my favorite thing to wear (not in the summer) if I"m going out in public. If I'm staying home all day I wear fleece pants. I could live in those things. But on weeks I go out frequently I wear jeans frequently. They are not as comfortable as fleece pants though. I'm all about comfort. :001_smile:

Every day in the cooler months.

Some of the time in the warm months, but mostly shorts. Sometimes skirts/dresses, which I'd like to get more of and wear more often, but everyone in my house thinks dresses are too dressy. I'm on a hunt for some good, obviously casual dresses that I can wear and start easing my boys into thinking dresses can be casual.

Again, I'm realizing that I'm not mainstream when it comes to the SAHM "uniform." I wonder if there are others out there like me.

Jeans. I love my jeans. But I also love my slacks, my skirts, my capris, and on occasion my shorts.

(Another poll coming. Stand by one.)

:iagree: totally dependent on season, activity and mood.

Pretty much live in my jeans except church, funerals, and weddings. (I do own a pair of black slacks, docker type, that I get out about twice a year for occasions that really seem to call for it -- mainly DH's company parties.)

I used to sometimes wear jeans shorts, or docker shorts, but all those silly little spider veins and what not that came with pregnancy and never went away left me too self-conscious to do that. (Most of my skirts for church are mid-calf or longer for the same reason.)

I used to love my jeans. But recently I have started wearing skirts and casual (knit dresses) more. Other wise I wear my capris. I spend most of my time in work out type clothing that works for teaching dance. Plus, since having babies, I cannot find jeans that fit right!

Jeans are uncomfortable to me. Around the house I wear shorts about 9 months of the year (California), and sweats the other three months.

Thank you, thank you! I am so glad I am not the only one! I have people give me a hard time because I don't find jeans comfortable. I will wear them in the winter/fall if I have to leave the house and look somewhat nice. Otherwise I wear cotton/yoga pants or cotton capris or sweatpants. I cannot wear jeans around my house to be comfy or clean in.

ETA: I do like cotton dresses too. I have 2 maxi type dresses that are ankle length and I like those for around the house. I had to go out today and we are in mid 90's heat, so I wore a knee length cotton dress.

Edited by jewellsmommy

Jeans are uncomfortable to me. Around the house I wear shorts about 9 months of the year (California), and sweats the other three months.

I haven't worn jeans in 15 years. I always thought they were uncomfortable and changed out of them as soon as I got home. When I became a SAHM, I thought, "I *am* home, and I'm never wearing jeans again!"

I chose "mix it up," but the "other for summer" fits too. For all cooler seasons, I wear jeans about half the time and the other half docker-type or other cotton twill pants. I wear skirts and dresses to church almost always. In the heat, I wear casual skirts or shorts. As I get a little older, I'd rather wear skirts over shorts; shorts are really pretty unflattering unless you're 19. I don't ever wear unstructured bottoms (think yoga pants, knit shorts, sweats) out of the house.

I wear jeans a LOT. But when I have fitting capris I will wear them in the warmer weather. And as long as I have skirts, I will incorporate those once in a while too.

I fell in love with maxi dresses last summer while pg. Have a hard time wearing those now with a nursling....but have attempted to fill that void with flowy skirts. I have one that still mostly fits :p and bought one new this year. I will wear those around the house, to town, to church, whatever.

I'd wear the skirts more if I had a couple more to throw into the rotation ;)

But I wear my jeans a lot, throughout the year, even in AL summers.