Menu

Bad Flare Up, Contractions, Please Pray

Arm is flared up. Bad.

Waiting for anti nausea meds to kick in, so I can take pain med.

Flare ups bring on contractions. So far, laying down has stopped them.

If you wouldn't mind praying they stop again, I'd appreciate it. 'Tummy' is only 20 wks along.

Are you a big calcium/TUMS/milk eater/drinker/ingester?

excess calcium is a common cause of contractions/PTL due to the calcium cancelling out the effects of Magnesium. Calcium and Magnesium are partners and they have to be balanced. Pregnancy is a common time for women to snarf these products, but at the same time it causes uterine contractility. just putting this out there FWIW.

I will say a prayer for you.

Thanks everyone.

It seems to be directly related to the flare ups with RSD. Its like my body just has too much to handle.

I do lay on my left side...its the only side I *can* lay on :lol:

Denise, it has to do with the artery supplying the placenta being on the right. Laying on the right can put pressure on it, and decrease blood flow.

I went to bed after posting, and its eased up. Just up grabbing something to eat, and heading back to bed, but wanted to post and let ppl know.

Thanks everyone.

It seems to be directly related to the flare ups with RSD. Its like my body just has too much to handle.

I do lay on my left side...its the only side I *can* lay on :lol:

Denise, it has to do with the artery supplying the placenta being on the right. Laying on the right can put pressure on it, and decrease blood flow.

I went to bed after posting, and its eased up. Just up grabbing something to eat, and heading back to bed, but wanted to post and let ppl know.

I'm glad that you did, I've been wondering how you were doing.

I'm ok this am.

Arm's still touchier than usual, but things have settled down for the most part.

I'm so glad you are doing better today! It is so hard dealing with chronic pain while pregnant and then throwing contractions on top of it :-( Have you talked to your OB about the contractions? Are they causing cervical changes? If it continues to be a problem there are meds they can give you to stop them. Do you have help around the house? Good luck and you and baby will be in my thoughts!!!

Marisa

Good to hear from you! Now keep up the water intake, get horizontal for 15 minutes of every hour, be sure you are getting good portions of protein, and I forbid you to run the vacuum cleaner. Got it?

:grouphug: Take care of yourself and Tummy.